News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Welcome to the Cybernetic Arms Apartments

Started by Glitch Girl, May 05, 2009, 06:59:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreRaphaelite

Quote from: vamp on May 18, 2009, 09:56:43 PM
A smirk rose on the man's face. "Toys? How will it feel to be killed by these TOYS!?

A bundle of explosives were tossed at the injured Vamp.

Damn

(I will let ya'll decide what happens next  ;))

As the scant few explosives (previously concealed on his person) scattered menacingly around the bat-like creature, the man-bomb span side-to-side before building up enough momentum to roll out of the crater.
Once out of the hole, his head emerged again, cackling in infamous glee before declaring in a semi-bomb-bastic manner:

"Fools, the lot of you! To think you could stop the destructive force that is... The Dirty Bomb!"

On his last word, a dramatic chain of explosions sounded from the crater behind him, causing smoke to cloud the air. (Dun dun dun)
Assuming his foe was defeated, he compressed back into a ball, and moved towards his next target...

-------------------------------------------
Unnoticed by the rotund being, as his left arm withdrew back into his shell, a slither of a crack could be seen vaguely forking downward for a few inches from where his 'pit' had once been. This became more hazy as the ball began to roll once more.
Yours sincerely, Judi Dench.

Gremlin

Quote from: PreRaphaelite on May 18, 2009, 11:00:41 PM"Fools, the lot of you! To think you could stop the destructive force that is... The Dirty Bomb!"

OOC: OH MY GOD YESYESYESYESYESYES =D

IC:
Quote from: GrizzlyBearTalon on May 18, 2009, 03:45:02 PM
Quote from: Gremlin on May 18, 2009, 05:22:33 AM
Quote from: kkhohoho on May 18, 2009, 04:28:00 AMAfter spouting that proclamation, he unleashed a large beam of purple-ish energy at the bomb-thing, straight from his open mouth. Oddly enough,a sound of devilishly distorted Santa-ish laughter came from the beam.

Liam stared at the Santa-man with wide eyes as his terrifying laughter made certain he wouldn't be sleeping that evening...

"More for me then..."

He returns to the ledge with one massive fold up chair of some sort and another regular one. The massive chair is made of some strange metal and has a cupholder! Grizz places one chair near Liam and takes his seat near the edge with the other chair. The sounds of  several bags of food being opened can be heard as Grizz opens several at once with a quick snap of his maw. He then proceeds to open several cans of beer with a single claw poking into the top. He continues watching the madness as he begins snacking.

"Yu smur yu don wanf non?"

He asks with a mouthful of various pork rinds, chips, and other delicacies.

"I...you...how can you EAT at a time like this? There's a man trying to BLOW UP THE BUILDING!"

Glitch Girl

(sigh, why did I have to pick this weekend to go out of town?  :) )

Slight recap here....

Looks like standard fuses, a regular zippo, no electric timers, damn what I wouldn't give for a rampaging robot instead Lauren thought to herself from her vantage point at the front doors.  Being mostly out of "uniform", no one had noticed her yet.  I feel some kind of electronics on him... Lessee... that's a cell phone, and that... what IS that?

She frowned in concentration as she extended her senses outward towards the battle brewing outside.  Feels like it's wired to his entire costume... I could try to tweak at it but if it's a self destruct that might be bad. 

Then again, who in their right mind would wire their clothes to explode?

Of course, he IS dressed like a cartoon bomb.

Maybe I can-

Quote"Your little show has caught my attention and moved me to action. Because you have drawn me out from the shadows, your defeat is assured. COME!"

Oh good grief, is that the maintenance guy?

Lauren watched as the brown bat and the blue guy she'd seen in the building earlier who happened to be flying... well, hovering... and the Verdant Vowel close in on the walking bomb and very quickly things went to pot.

There was a series of explosions and then the most hideous laugh she'd ever heard.  Then...

Quote...The bomb found himself in mid-air as a large beam of purplish-energy emitting a hideous noise flew in his direction. Pulling his head and limbs into his body in a tortoise-like gesture, he seemed to be trying to spin in the sky...

GOT IT!  That's what it controls.  Lauren an evil smile crept across her lips.  Almost imperceptibly, small green sparks started to dance across her eyes and across her skin as she focused on the bomb suit. 

Quote"Fools, the lot of you! To think you could stop the destructive force that is... The Dirty Bomb!"

On his last word, a dramatic chain of explosions sounded from the crater behind him, casuing smoke to cloud the air. (Dun dun dun)
Assuming his foe was defeated, he compressed back into a ball, and moved towards his next target...

Without warning, the Dirty Bomb's left leg extended from the suit and he wobbled to a stop.  A second limb appeared, this time an arm that flailed around wildly for a moment.  Another arm and leg appeared, allowing him to stagger to his feet, his arms blindly trying to pry up the head opening open again.

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

GrizzlyBearTalon

Quote from: Gremlin on May 18, 2009, 11:17:44 PM

"I...you...how can you EAT at a time like this? There's a man trying to BLOW UP THE BUILDING!"

"Ifs perfudy amazin wut yu can gef oozed to in diz... *BURP* business."

With that said he continued watching. He clapped in glee at a couple of the bigger explosions. He also cheered a bit as the manbat attacked the bombman.

Quote from: PreRaphaelite on May 18, 2009, 11:00:41 PM
"Fools, the lot of you! To think you could stop the destructive force that is... The Dirty Bomb!"

On his last word, a dramatic chain of explosions sounded from the crater behind him, casuing smoke to cloud the air. (Dun dun dun)
Assuming his foe was defeated, he compressed back into a ball, and moved towards his next target...[/color]

"Haw HAW HAW! Dirty Bomb! My god I wish I was recording this, man it's like talking that way is a highly contagious disease."'

He continued watching all the events unfold. Reached down and opened a few more bags with a quick bite, then looked down to realize he would soon need more beer.

The Hitman

Meanwhile...

Vamp fell to his knees in pain. His left arm was almost destroyed in that combo, and to make matters worse, his suit was malfunction from the feedback of the blast. Blood flowed from where bone had pierced skin, creating a pool of blood where it limply lay.

A smirk rose on the man's face. "Toys? How will it feel to be killed by these TOYS!?

A bundle of explosives were tossed at the injured Vamp.

Damn

"Man down! MAN DOWN!!"

Without a moment's hesitation, Vinnie *POP*ed over to his ailing ally, grabbed him, and *POP*ed away before the bombs could explode.

The rematerilized in an empty room on the 5th floor of the Cybernetic Arms.

"Squeaky! You can't die! Who's going to "brood up" the hotel and call me an idiot if you die? Who will be the solemn angsty yin to my ridiculously cartoony yang!?!"

"Get off me, idiot. I'm fine," Vamp grumbled.

Another blast shook the foundation of the building. The unlikely duo ran to the window, and saw that The Dirty Bomb (!) was standing directly below them, and that there was a visible crack in his bomb- suit from all the previous fighting.

"Vinnie! You hadn't popped me up here, I could be down there, dispencing JUSTICE to the WICKED!! What were you THINKING?!"

(And this part is for Premonitioner/Previsionary!)

Vinnie thought for a moment, then grabbed Vamp and threw him out the window, towards the big bomber!

"I hear you're accustomed to this, Vamp! Don't be mad at me!"

Vinnie shouted this, then jumped out of the window himself.

PreRaphaelite

Another blast shook the foundation of the building.

Meanwhile, Murray has managed to make his way back to his room. A bit confused as to the state of affairs, he shuts the door behind him and makes a winding path to his bed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 19, 2009, 12:59:44 AM
Without warning, the Dirty Bomb's left leg extended from the suit and he wobbled to a stop.  A second limb appeared, this time an arm that flailed around wildly for a moment.  Another arm and leg appeared, allowing him to stagger to his feet, his arms blindly trying to pry up the head opening open again.

Trying desperately to extract his head from his suit, the Dirty Bomb started walking in woozy circles, his hands becoming more and more desperate in their struggle. Anyone in the surrounding area can hear what seem to be muffled curses, occasionally punctuated by assorted odd words which may have been 'goat' or 'parmesan', but nobody knows.
Groping about with one arm, he finds the exterior wall of the apartments and tries bashing his head free.

Quote from: The Hitman on May 20, 2009, 02:11:04 PM

Vinnie thought for a moment, then grabbed Vamp and threw him out the window, towards the big bomber!

"I hear you're accustomed to this, Vamp! Don't be mad at me!"

Vinnie shouted this, then jumped out of the window himself.

Unable to look up and see his fate, the Dirty Bomb suddenly found himself better acquainted with the floor. Atop the rotund creature, an even more injured man-bat and a smug-looking blue man lay positioned in a semi-provocative pose, leading to a few snorted laughs from assorted civilians-in-hiding.

The Hitman

Quote from: PreRaphaelite on May 20, 2009, 03:49:27 PM
Atop the rotund creature, an even more injured man-bat and a smug-looking blue man lay positioned in a semi-provocative pose, leading to a few snorted laughs from assorted civilians-in-hiding. [/color]

"It's not what it looks like folks! We're SUPERHEROES!!"

vamp

Quote from: The Hitman on May 20, 2009, 04:18:01 PM
Atop the rotund creature, an even more injured man-bat and a smug-looking blue man lay positioned in a semi-provocative pose, leading to a few snorted laughs from assorted civilians-in-hiding. [/color]

"That's true. Now, GET OFF ME!"

Glitch Girl

Lauren pauses for a "facepalm" moment.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Gremlin

Liam stares at the fight, slightly horrified and slightly amused and very very confused by his conflicting emotions.

"This is why I got out of this kinda thing. Good God. Think they neutralized it? I don't want that guy blowing up the apartments. Our premiums are gonna go through the roof."

GrizzlyBearTalon

Quote from: vamp on May 20, 2009, 08:44:39 PM

"BWAHAhahahaha... heh... *cough* HAAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Grizz falls out of his chair laughing.

Quote from: Gremlin on May 20, 2009, 09:18:00 PM
Liam stares at the fight, slightly horrified and slightly amused and very very confused by his conflicting emotions.

"This is why I got out of this kinda thing. Good God. Think they neutralized it? I don't want that guy blowing up the apartments. Our premiums are gonna go through the roof."

He picks himself up off the floor, dusts himself off a bit. Allows a few more chuckle to escape.

"They might have neutralized it, but considering he is dressed as a giant bomb... I would say we are one giant explosion short. Probably a self destruct or final GIANT BOOM up his sleave."

Gremlin

Quote from: GrizzlyBearTalon on May 20, 2009, 10:52:09 PM
He picks himself up off the floor, dusts himself off a bit. Allows a few more chuckle to escape.

"They might have neutralized it, but considering he is dressed as a giant bomb... I would say we are one giant explosion short. Probably a self destruct or final GIANT BOOM up his sleave."

"...fantastic. Just fantastic. As soon as this is over I am making the manager get some blast shielding for the windows."

kkhohoho

Quote from: vamp on May 20, 2009, 08:44:39 PM

The Santa-ish persona just rolled his eyes.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

PreRaphaelite

Arms flailing about, the bombese creature moaned his discontent. He tried to reassert dominance over his controlled systems, gaining slight headway when whatever was controlling him 'paused' for a second (perhaps for a 'facepalm moment') and tried again to extract his head.

In the meantime, he lay in a prone position on a cracked and shattered floor, perhaps harmless, but definitely throwing a tantrum. The crack in his armour has grown more pronounced following the destructive descent of the apartment staff.

The Hitman

As the man- bat scrambled to his feet in an attempt to distance himself from the blue loon, Vinnie stands up, dusts himself off, and begins his witty superhero speech.

"I admire your shoes."

"... Wha- what?" stammered the puny person perched inside the black bombing behemoth.

"Just wanted to say, I admire your shoes. And as much as I admire your shoes, as much as I like them... I wouldn't want to be IN... your shoes right now."

As he was saying this, the azure avenger was slowly positioning his blaster in an 'oh so dramatic' way.

"Waitaminute. That was a line from 'Roxanne'. Your hero banter consists of a quote from an old Steve Martin film? That is WEAK!"

The Hitman pauses for a moment.

"... OK, ya got me. Zappy zappy time!!"

A purpleish- bluish beam shot out of the gun, and The Dirty Bomb was engulfed in cosmic energy.

KRAKKADOOOOOMMM!

As the energy dispersed, the once moderate- sized crack in the villians armor was now a massive trench, exposing the majority of the skinny, balding man inside. And the Hitman begins talking again.

"... So you see, evil will never triumph, because good is... well, it's good. I mean, I haven't been good for long... in fact, I don't know if really considered a 'good' guy anyways... I mean, I work for the highest bidder, hence the name Hitman, but I prefer being good... I guess that'd make me an 'Anti- Hero,' but they're usually brooding and scary... I mean, look at that Hugh Jackman guy, the guy screams 'I'm way to melodramatic"... guess that means I'm an ANTI- anti- hero, but wait-"

"SHUT UP! JUST SHUT UP, YOU IGNORAMOUS!!" While The Hitman was rambling, The Dirty Bomb had escaped his battlesuit and was making a hasty getaway.

*TICK*

"What? Did someone say something?"

*TICK*

"Hey- this thing's ticking. Should it be ticking?"

kkhohoho

Hm. There seemed to be both good news, and bad news. The good news was that the Dirty Bomb (Who came up with that title?) was now a stripped weakling. The bad news was that according to the 'TICK' noise, they might all be blown to Kingdom Come if nothing was done. At the moment, he was still scrounging for ideas inside his head. His beam trick could work against a suit of armor, but there was no telling how big a blast radius that particular item could make. What's more, his beam could blast just about anything, but it amplified explosions. If he couldn't time it right to shut his beam down at the correct moment, they'd all be dead. Not even laughs could help this one.

There was only one thing to do.

"ATTENTION EVERYONE! IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, THERE'S AN EXPLODING SUIT ABOUT TO GO OFF! ANYBODY HAVE ANY BRIGHT IDEAS?!"

Gremlin

Quote from: kkhohoho on May 26, 2009, 11:56:32 PM"ATTENTION EVERYONE! IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, THERE'S AN EXPLODING SUIT ABOUT TO GO OFF! ANYBODY HAVE ANY BRIGHT IDEAS?!"

"...oh dammit." Liam growls. "VINNIE!" he yells to the Hitman below. "GET ME DOWN THERE NOW!"

Glitch Girl

Quote"ATTENTION EVERYONE! IN CASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED, THERE'S AN EXPLODING SUIT ABOUT TO GO OFF! ANYBODY HAVE ANY BRIGHT IDEAS?!"

Oh crud.

Lauren narrowed her eyes and focused on the suit.  Please let there be an electronic control in there, please...

TICK...

Servo controls, no...

TICK...

Coolant, no...

TICK...

What the... an MP3 system?  Definitely no...

TICK...

Crud, where is it?

TICK...

Wait... this feels promising... Stay focused, don't want to glitch this too much...

TICK...

Aaaaand...

...ding!
-Glitch Girl

Alaric

With all eyes on the narrowly-averted catastrophe, the formerly-explosive felon attempted to make good his escape.

Well, almost all eyes...

Suddenly, the villain found that his surroundings had turned... green? In fact, he couldn't see anything except green... including the brick wall he suddenly crashed into, leaving him lying stunned on the ground.

"Hah! Another villain falls before the astounding vowelish might of... the Verdant Vowel!", the Vowel retrieved his cape, which he had wrapped around the face of the fleeing villain, and took hold of the man's collar, dragging him back toward the others.
Fear the "A"!!!

The Hitman

Quote from: Gremlin on May 27, 2009, 01:13:37 AM
"...oh dammit." Liam growls. "VINNIE!" he yells to the Hitman below. "GET ME DOWN THERE NOW!"

"Okey- dokey, boss- man!"

*POP*

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 27, 2009, 02:18:39 AM
...ding!

"Heh, she beat you to the punch, Gremmy! Oooohhh, dibs on the mp3 player!"

Vinnie walks over and begins looting the wreckage.

Quote from: Alaric on May 27, 2009, 02:29:37 AM
... dragging him back toward the others.

"Hey Greenie, do ya mind asking this guy how to take his collection of Barry Manilow albums off this thing?"

Gremlin

"...oh. Well then." Liam looks over at Lauren. "Technopathic, eh? I'm glad you don't just screw with the wi-fi." He smirks.

Glitch Girl

Lauren opened her eyes a crack.

There hadn't been an earth-shattering Kaboom, which was a good sign.  She'd heard the "ding" but wasn't sure if that meant the bomb was defused or... well, toast was imminent.  

She looked around.  It looked like things were more or less in hand, the building wasn't going to blow up any time soon.  Noone seemed to notice her, which was just as well.    

However, she did miss at least one witness...  

Lauren went back into the lobby and wondered when the movers would get there with her furniture, hoping that it wouldn't get blown up or worse in transit.  

(edited for continuity)

-Glitch Girl

Gremlin

Liam walks over to the bomb and pokes the metal shell with a clawed finger.

"Interesting..." he muses aloud. "Simple, but hodge-podge. Kind of thrown together. Lots of junk. And...hang on...C4. Yikes. Looks like a...shell underneath the bomb. To protect the wearer. Clever. Property damage on a budget."

Glitch Girl

OOC: Grem I lost track of where you were. I thought you were on the roof with Griz if my last post seems a little odd. 
-Glitch Girl

kkhohoho

Quote from: The Hitman on May 27, 2009, 01:40:16 PM
Quote from: Gremlin on May 27, 2009, 01:13:37 AM

"Okey- dokey, boss- man!"

*POP*

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 27, 2009, 02:18:39 AM
...ding!

"Heh, she beat you to the punch, Gremmy! Oooohhh, dibs on the mp3 player!"

Vinnie walks over and begins looting the wreckage.

Quote from: Alaric on May 27, 2009, 02:29:37 AM
... dragging him back toward the others.

"Hey Greenie, do ya mind asking this guy how to take his collection of Barry Manilow albums off this thing?"

"So. Now that all this is settled, think you can teleport us back to the room?"

Meanwhile, the sleigh kept traveling forward, getting closer and closer to it's destination...

Gremlin

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 28, 2009, 01:35:10 AM
OOC: Grem I lost track of where you were. I thought you were on the roof with Griz if my last post seems a little odd. 

OOC: I was down by the bomb with Vinnie. It's ok, though, I caught your drift. And I still felt you pressing against the Bomb, so it's all good.

Alaric

OOC: I'll be (mostly) away for a couple of weeks or so, starting tomorrow. While it's not impossible that I may get a few opportunities to post here during that time, I hereby give permission to anyone who feels they "get" my character well enough (and especially to those posters who have extensive dealing with this character in the past- you know who you are) to write the Verdant Vowel during the period of May 29th- June 14th, if you so choose- just try not to do anything too involved with him. I'll try to write one "scene" for him tomorrow morning, when I'm a bit less tired, hopefully.

If the game continues at its current slow pace, this may not be necessary (since I may be able to post occasionally), but just in case...
Fear the "A"!!!

BWPS

An egg appears on the doorstep outside. It is 1.36meters tall. It is a purple pastel and has yellow spots, each of which is shaped like a boot. More of a Louisiana-style-man-boot-shape, and less of a Italy-style-hooker-boot-shape. Except one of the spots is shaped less like a boot and more like a sock, only it's bigger so as it wouldn't fit into the boot shape at all provided it had a accurately sized foot in it; though perhaps with some force it could squeeze in but it wouldn't be comfortable to walk in at all. Though I suppose that's the price some people pay for Louisiana-style-man-boot-shape fashion, but that shape isn't too important anyway because it's on the bottom and you can't really see it. It is not hot enough outside to cook the egg.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Gremlin

Liam walks back inside and spots the large egg on the doorstep.
"...Vamp? Hey, Vamp!"

The Hitman

Vinnie stares straight ahead, seemingly in a trance. The suddenly, he blinks and shakes his head.

"Wow... man, I totally just zoned out there for a minute. Feels like 2 weeks have passed!"

Quote from: BWPS on May 30, 2009, 04:34:47 AM
An egg appears on the doorstep outside. It is 1.36meters tall. It is a purple pastel and has yellow spots, each of which is shaped like a boot. More of a Louisiana-style-man-boot-shape, and less of a Italy-style-hooker-boot-shape. Except one of the spots is shaped less like a boot and more like a sock, only it's bigger so as it wouldn't fit into the boot shape at all provided it had a accurately sized foot in it; though perhaps with some force it could squeeze in but it wouldn't be comfortable to walk in at all. Though I suppose that's the price some people pay for Louisiana-style-man-boot-shape fashion, but that shape isn't too important anyway because it's on the bottom and you can't really see it. It is not hot enough outside to cook the egg.

"Huh... weird egg. And that pattern's odd too. Those boot shapes look less like an Italy-style-hooker-boot-shape, and more like a Louisiana-style-man-boot-shape. Freaky. I think I'm gonna watch for whatever- the- heck bird layed that thing."

Quote from: kkhohoho on May 28, 2009, 02:45:02 AM

"So. Now that all this is settled, think you can teleport us back to the room?"

"Really? I was about to head down to Ye Olde Downtown for the ceremonial 'After- Team- Up Foodfest and Hangout Time.' Any of you wanna come with?"