Acessing alpha channel and adding a texture for pasted pink bits

Started by Iris, May 11, 2009, 01:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iris

I'm wondering how i can uvmap the pink textures because for some reason copying and pasting the texture doesnt work.

I trying to acess the alpha channel on the thing under the neck and the pink things.
I'm using gimp for alpha channels, though any other program that you recommend would be fine.

detourne_me

You may want to rename the texture files into one of the other extras.tga files you are using for the other extra bits.  then you can remap the extras and they won't appear pink. plus you'll save space (by minimizing the amount of extra .tga files)
remember to rename the refl and glow files too.  There may also be a lightmap file missing (look at the native mesh where you got the pieces from, and copy that lightmap file too.)

To do the uvmapping right click on the editable mesh, and select texture->UV map

For the alpha channels, have you made the pieces alpha-enabled yet?

Iris

First All of the pink things are going to be differnt, On uvmaping i dont see texture>uvmap

I only see

Texture>edit uvmap
Texture> export template

detourne_me

oh sorry, go to texture > edit uvmap if you export, that will make a wireframe for you.

Iris

I also i have used nialphaproperty on the editable mesh. doesnt seem to be wprking.