News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

sensitive much?

Started by bearded, May 15, 2009, 09:51:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gremlin

He's not a nutbag, he's a delicious cheesy treat.

Tomato

Yeah, I'm the only nut around here!

Gremlin

Quote from: Tomato on May 18, 2009, 04:27:34 AM

Silly Tomato. You're a fruit.

Not there's anything wrong with that...

Tomato

No, this Tomato is a nut.

cmdrkoenig67

Quote from: Gremlin on May 18, 2009, 04:12:11 AM

Delicious?!  You been sampling the Quesada again, Gremmie?!  Stay out of it, man!...It's not good for you...High in cholesterol and toxins.

:P

Figure Fan

Quote from: Gremlin on May 18, 2009, 05:24:45 AM
Quote from: Tomato on May 18, 2009, 04:27:34 AM

Silly Tomato. You're a fruit.

Not there's anything wrong with that...

lolcatz!

Gremlin

Quote from: cmdrkoenig67 on May 18, 2009, 06:59:20 AM
Quote from: Gremlin on May 18, 2009, 04:12:11 AM

Delicious?!  You been sampling the Quesada again, Gremmie?!  Stay out of it, man!...It's not good for you...High in cholesterol and toxins.

:P

They're only 99 cents at Taco Bell and I get hungry at awkward hours and YOU CAN'T JUDGE ME

Tomato

Gremlin

Quote from: Tomato on May 18, 2009, 08:32:45 AM
Quote from: Gremlin on May 18, 2009, 07:57:43 AM
YOU CAN'T JUDGE ME

Do you... do you known me at all?

I dunno...I mean, I THOUGHT I you wouldn't be the type to make rudimentary grammatical mistakes but I guess I was wrong.

I QUOTED IT. IF YOU EDIT IT YOU WERE STILL WRONG.

Tomato

Figure Fan

I don't known about this..

DrMike2000

There are way more skinners than any other type of content creator, so its easier for a skinner to get lost in the noise so to speak.

The entry level is pretty low as well. Download Character tool anjd a few of other peoples skins, sut and paste, done. Within an hour you can have "your own creation" ready to publish.

I've never been bothered about people nicking my code ideas or sections of my mods because of the effort involved. Downloading the Strangers and adapting the first mission to be the all-new adventures of "Bevil Boll" would probably take hours and understanding of many different little knobs to twiddle - how to amputate the rest of the campaign, how to change the characters appearance, where the dialog goes, why each line lasts as long on screen and how to change that.. how to modify powers. Cutscenes? Dont get me started...

Learn all that and you may as well write your own mod, in fact it would probably be easier. You could kitbash a skin in the time it took to install FFEdit and figure out how to set up a mod folder.

As for meshes and animation, I opened up MAX once in an attempt to scale and re-export male_large. I ended up neevr opening it again, and this was me as a 30-odd year old industry professional! The average chump who wants a little bit of fame and glory on someone else's coat-tails will have a much easier time with Photoshop.

So yeah, skinners are under way more threat of having their work stolen than anyone else. Its not that they're more sensitive but under much more threat.
Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com