What B or C list character would you make into a movie?

Started by lugaru, May 20, 2009, 04:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lugaru

Imagine that you get enough money to make your "comic book" movie but not enough to say make a Superman or Spiderman sequel. What character would you like to see made to film and what would you do to make it cool?

(btw personally I think B and C listers have always made good movies because the stakes are lower)

Savage Dragon one of my favorite underated comics, I would make it like a cross between Dick Tracy and Hellboy, blowing most of the budget on crazy super villain makeup. The movie would take place somewhere within the first 10 issues and mini series... in other words a quick origin, some great fights against minor villains and a big bad at the end. Thematically it would be meta superheroes, kind of like Savage Dragon lives in the same world as all superheroes only Spider Man and Superman never go to Chicago.

The Hitman

Animal Man. Use Grant Morrison's last half of his run as a basis for the film.

Panther_Gunn

The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

The Hitman

Ernest Worthing

I believe this character qualifies as an F-List character, so, perhaps, I should not mention him here; nevertheless, I would recommend Forbush Man...or Howard the Duck--but that one will never see the light of the silver screen...

lugaru

I would love to see that Animal Man movie, so long as it is not a Rob Schneider film (see The Animal).

MODOKS 11: film adaptation, made a little more mainstream for the viewing public. A large collection of Super Villains are hired by MODOK (including The Puma who I really like) get together for a big sci-fi heist, battling other lowsy villains along the way. Lots of laughs, some great action scenes and plenty of great character actors that you kind of recgonize from that one show or movie. Sequel could be called MODOKS 12.

DOOM PATROL similar to the x-men films but intentionally psychedelic, every turn holds some strange twilight zone or doctor who style twist.

catwhowalksbyhimself

Quote.or Howard the Duck--but that one will never see the light of the silver screen...

cough

:unsure:
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

BentonGrey

The Question, straight JLU interpretation, but I think it would work best as a TV series.  I'd also like to take a shot at Mr. Miracle.  I think that would be neat.  Why no Aquaman you ask?  Because he's an "A" lister, obviously. ;)
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Gremlin

Swamp Thing. Moore's run, naturally. Do it as a TV show like the X-Files or Twin Peaks. More shows set in rural areas is a plus.

Plastic Man!

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: Gremlin on May 20, 2009, 09:09:59 PM
Swamp Thing. Moore's run, naturally. Do it as a TV show like the X-Files or Twin Peaks. More shows set in rural areas is a plus.

*nudges the young'un*
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swamp_Thing_(film)

Something of possibly disturbing note on the page about ROST:
QuoteSci Fi Channel confirmed on March 5, 2009 that they would make a sequel titled Revenge of The Swamp Thing.

:huh: :blink: :unsure:
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

Gremlin

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on May 20, 2009, 10:20:35 PM

*nudges the young'un*

QuoteSci Fi Channel confirmed on March 5, 2009 that they would make a sequel titled Revenge of The Swamp Thing.

I want a TV show. I like Wes Craven but he's deliberately trying to be less cerebral there, which I find completely unappealing.

herodad1

dont know if they are A or B but i'd love to see HEROES for HIRE.powerman/ironfist.

GogglesPizanno

Quote from: Gremlin on May 21, 2009, 12:22:31 AM
Quote from: Panther_Gunn on May 20, 2009, 10:20:35 PM

*nudges the young'un*

I want a TV show. I like Wes Craven but he's deliberately trying to be less cerebral there, which I find completely unappealing.

Nudges the Yung un again:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swamp_Thing_(TV_series)

yell0w_lantern

B or C lister?

Alan Scott
Hourman
Wildcat
Guy Gardner played by Bruce Campbell - another glorious B-lister
Firestar
Captain Marvel (Billy Batson)
Plasticman
Metamorpho
Vision
Wonderman
Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) and Booster Gold
Heck, the whole JLI
Ultiman and the RTA
Yellow Lantern smash!

docdelorean88

JSA including Alan Scott, Wild Cat, Captain Marvel, Blue Beetle(Ted Kord), The Question, Dr. Fate. Most of these could work individually as well. But i (for once) agree with Benton, The Question would be a great TV show.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

BentonGrey

I'd actually REALLY love a JSA flick set in the 1940's.  That'd be awesome.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

BWPS

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 21, 2009, 03:55:28 AM
I'd actually REALLY love a JSA flick set in the 1940's.
Wow, I got bored reading that sentence. Modern/good JSA would be for real awesome. Hour-Man and Mr. T and Jay Garrick and Hawkman and co. are good characters.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Gremlin

Sevenforce

Quote from: lugaru on May 20, 2009, 06:01:58 PM
I would love to see that Animal Man movie, so long as it is not a Rob Schneider film (see The Animal).

You mean...that wasn't animal man? :blink: (:P)

I'd love to see a movie representation of Invincible (Ending being Omni-Man
Spoiler
leaving Earth after nearly destroying Invincible
) and Tech Jacket. Tech Jacket is practically a script waiting to happen :D
I so need booze -_-

lugaru

Quote from: GogglesPizanno on May 21, 2009, 12:55:45 AM
Nudges the Yung un again:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swamp_Thing_(TV_series)

I barely remember that series but I used to watch it because it takes place in Houma, Louisiana. That is where my grandma lives (I'm half Mexican, half Cajun).

NEXT WAVE The comics dont really care about continuity so no reason for the movie to either... and I would have the film end before the big and weird finale. Still it would be sort of Crank meets the Superfriends with plenty of swearing, wink at the camera moments and irresponsible adventures that dont end all that well.

She-Hulk I think the only flaw the comic had is that I could never pass it on to my girlfriend because it was just too steeped in comic book referneces and concepts. I would strip away the hardcore comic nerd stuff and leave it a little more accessible, but keep the characterizations and personalities intact. Jennifer Walters is an insecure but brilliant lawyer who recieved a blood transfusion from her cousin Bruce Banner in the opening credits. Now she has the option of becoming a towering statuesque green version of herself and pretty much abandons her real self, becoming more shallow in the process. You have some supervillain fights, some funny court trials and in the end a lesson on being true to yourself.

BentonGrey

Quote from: BWPS on May 21, 2009, 06:39:14 AM
Wow, I got bored reading that sentence. Modern/good JSA would be for real awesome. Hour-Man and Mr. T and Jay Garrick and Hawkman and co. are good characters.

Bum! You could cure insomnia! :P  Seriously though, I like modern JSA alright, but classic would be a lot of fun in the 1940's setting.  I like period films, and WWII films especially.
God Bless

lugaru

Quote from: BentonGrey on May 21, 2009, 02:22:16 PM
Quote from: BWPS on May 21, 2009, 06:39:14 AM

Bum! You could cure insomnia! :P  Seriously though, I like modern JSA alright, but classic would be a lot of fun in the 1940's setting.  I like period films, and WWII films especially.

Especially after watching that great intro sequence in Watchmen... seriosly I would love to see some WW2 superhero action.

BentonGrey

You know Lu, that is EXACTLY what I was thinking about. :D
God Bless

Glitch Girl

Hitman. 

HBO limited television series.  Can't see it ending any other way than how it did.

-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

daglob

Quote from: lugaru on May 20, 2009, 06:01:58 PM

DOOM PATROL similar to the x-men films but intentionally psychedelic, every turn holds some strange twilight zone or doctor who style twist.

I'd like to see the Original Original Doom Patrol; like the Fantastic Four, but... well... maybe EXACTLY like like the Fantastic Four.

I've always had a fondness for the second (or third, or fourth) tier characters, like DP, Plastic Man and Metamorpho. What about The Challengers of the Unknown or The Sea Devils (with a guest shot by Aquaman)?

BentonGrey

I'd liked to see a true Aquaman series (Mercy Reef, although it would have been awesome, wouldn't have been comic awesome), in which we could have the Devils be part of a supporting cast.
God Bless

lugaru

I dont know how many cinephiles are on the forum but:

Bizzaro Written by Charlie Kauffman and directed by Michael Gondry (or maybe Spike Jonze). Bizzaro comes to earth and wreaks havock with reverse heroism, scenes frequently flash back to bizzaro world which has cardboard skyscrapers and all sorts of demented versions of our society on a square planet.

Spoiler
Turns out he is pre and post crisis Bizzaro, in other words he was created by a failed experiment in duplicating superman but his memories of Bizzaro world are a reverse memory, in other words he is seeing into the future and at the end he leaves earth and uses the ray as a tool to build Bizzaro world

catwhowalksbyhimself

QuoteI'd love to see a movie representation of Invincible

Last I heard, they were working on that.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

steamteck

I'd actually REALLY love a JSA flick set in the 1940's.  That'd be awesome.

completely awesome if done well!