Shazam! & making the lightning strike w/ sound happen

Started by freegentile, May 30, 2009, 11:10:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freegentile

Concerning Captain Marvel/Shazam for the DC mods...using the Hero Recipe from AlexFF...& the Shazam Area FX...

Anyone have the mo_ball_lightning file for the Shazam Area FX mentioned on Courtnall's "Renegade's Toybox" site? I linked there from the AlexFF site. I noticed that this file is required per the instructions, but it's not in the download on his site & it's not an fx I'm finding in FF or FFv3R, nor any mod for them. Even w/out it, I'm setting up everything as stipulated, but no holler of "Shazam" & no sound of lightning. Shoot fire.

GogglesPizanno

mo_ball_lightning.wav is a standard man o war sound effect that comes with the game.
So if you follow the instructions it should just use that sound from the game assets.

In the sounds tab of FFedit, look for "fx_manowar_balllightning_3" in the list and select it. You'll see how its set up and how it links to the sound effect. You could just copy that entry and rename it "fx_shazam_area_2"

If you need to get to the wav file, off the root game directory is a folder called "Data" within there are a bunch of files with the extension *.ff -- these are all the default game assets. the ff files are really just zip files so you can open them with any application that will open a zip file (winzip, winrar, 7zip etc...)

freegentile

OK, way cool! I WinRAR'd that sounds.ff & found it there. Whew. OK, got it working now, full bore, w/ the SHAZAM! in caps & the thunder sound intact. No Billy Batson yelling Shazam, though, but I'd prefer the sound of him saying it from the JLU "Clash" episode anyway.

OK, so now how do I get this to work for the Crisis mod? Cap works in Crisis, too, but I don't have an FX called FX_SHAZAM_AREA, although I followed all of the Shazam Area FX instructions for it...did note that Crisis mod doesn't have a couple of the file paths that vanilla FFV3R does. Does FFEdit add stuff to mods, too? I have a feeling I'd have to change those paths on that tab that it opens to by default...the Options tab...the primary & secondary data paths. Do I get around have to do all of this over for each mod by using that Merge DAT's button? I noted, as well, in FFX 3.0, that you can choose imports & exports. Any of that useful for this purpose?

freegentile

That is, I can make the lightning strike sound work w/ animation, but I can't get him to say "Shazam", even following instructions & having the sounds file ready to roll & in the right place.

I can't get either to work in the Crisis mod & frankly don't know how that's supposed to be set up. I think the instructions are for vanilla FFV3R.

And how knows WHAT you have to do to get this to work in the original FF!