News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Standard_e.dll issues

Started by freegentile, June 03, 2009, 02:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freegentile

I have been playing w/ FFEdit in FFV3R to try to get the ShazamFX to work, but figured I'd take a stab @ it in FF, as well. I noted that when I try to open my FFEdit in FF, I get a window titled, "ffedit.exe - Unable to Locate Component" w/ text, "This application has failed to start because Standard_e.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem". I do have the original FF CD in my CD drive.

Any ideas? This file on the CD anywhere & if so, where do I plug it in? Thank you very much!

freegentile

I searched the CD & found "Standard.dll", but not "Standard_e.dll".

GogglesPizanno

You could try dropping the file in the root in and renaming it. No guarantees, but I have a few instances with other programs where that worked.

stumpy

I am not clear on what you are trying to do. Which game are you trying to add FX to and which game's FFEdit are you using to do it?

If you are trying to add an FX to the original game, then you need the first game's FFEdit. Make sure that's what you are using. I am pretty sure that standard_e.dll is a file installed in FF's base game folder when you install the mod tools for the first game. There is a different FFEdit for FF than there is for FFvT3R.

(Analogously, if you are trying to add FX to FFvT3R, you need to run the FFEdit that is installed with that game's mod tools. That installs a different DLL called standard_edit.dll in FFvT3R's base game folder.)

If you aren't sure what the base game folder is or where to get the mod tools for each game, see the Game FAQ.
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

freegentile

Ugh, I am so sorry. I didn't know the editors & mod tools had to be installed separately from BOTH games...I had stumbled across the FFV3R mod tools & have them. Now for FF. Daggone. A-downloading I will go. I'm sure those files I need will be dumped right where they're needed after I load the mod tools.

spydermann93

Here's the link to get the two files you need to run FFEdit for  :ff:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FQ2G2ST3

Just extract the Standard_e.dll and Sound_e.dll to the same place as the FFEdit.exe

MazenIIIX

Quote from: spydermann93 on August 11, 2009, 07:28:17 PM
Here's the link to get the two files you need to run FFEdit for  :ff:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FQ2G2ST3

Just extract the Standard_e.dll and Sound_e.dll to the same place as the FFEdit.exe

The link is broken.  There's nothing to download it anymore.  Can you upload it again?  Or put the files on an online storage so that others can access it?  I've used Freedom Force on steam and GOG.  Both didn't have the files needed for the ffedit.exe to run.  I want to make a character for the game but I cannot if I don't have the tools for it.

stumpy

Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

satch4684

Quote from: stumpy on September 19, 2016, 08:01:53 PM
This might be helpful. Good luck!

wait what might be helpful? i cant get this to work either

stumpy

The word "this" had a link in it to a search that returned some results for the missing DLLs. The link was https://www.google.com/search?q=%22freedom+force%22+Standard_e.dll+Sound_e.dll

satch4684

ohhh thanks, don't know how I missed that

I think that person just searched for it and posted, the results are not helpful unfortunately :/     
They are just DLLs for FFvs3R,  none of them have the required standard_e.dll and sound_e.dll that errors and doesn't allow us with steam version of the original game to use FFedit

stumpy

Search for those files in your steam folder. On my system, both files are in the C:\Program Files (x86)\games\Steam\steamapps\common\freedom force folder. I suspect they should be in a similar folder on your system, too. If they aren't, then perhaps those files are ones I put there myself or the files in the Steam distribution have changed since I installed.

satch4684

The sound.dll and standard.dll  are there, not the  sound_e.dll or standard_e.dll are that the error says is missing.   don't know

WyldFyre

These files also come packaged with the character tool for  :ff:
If you can't get the mod tools to install them then that is another option. I am not sure about the original ctool, but they are definitely in the ctool update package.
For Freedom!

stumpy

Quote from: WyldFyre on October 08, 2016, 12:54:03 AM
These files also come packaged with the character tool for  :ff:
If you can't get the mod tools to install them then that is another option. I am not sure about the original ctool, but they are definitely in the ctool update package.
Most of which, BTW, are linked in >> the FAQ in the FF General Forum <<.

satch4684

stupid steam I really hate them  :thumbdown:

I think I have to torrent it which is legal because I own the friggin game, probably how I managed it last time. Anyway thanks, turns out I still needed all dll files from stumpy's link could offer, and it STILL doesn't work.  Goes into some other error.

I'll either try re-install or a non-steam version.

spydermann93

You could probably just refund the game and get :ff: on Good old Games.