Murs47's Casa de Crazy: Marvel Girl [Marvel Legacy] 6/2019

Started by murs47, June 05, 2009, 01:21:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Wow Murs, I finally found a Plug-in for Paint.Net that allowed me to open your Base Skin, and it is just AWESOME, I really love the Colossus base. Thank you again for sharing this.

Helix

Cyber Burn

When you open up the Base Skin, look at the Layers, you will notice that there are 20+ Layers to the Base Skin. The Colossus Base is second from the bottom.

Bloodshadow

These bases are AWESOME! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Is there a chance that you might release a female base as well? Thank you for all your effort,simply amazing skins Murs :D
Also I just did a Green Lantern version of my Avatar using your base and WOW! :blink:
Should have a preview on my thread in a couple hours when I get home,Thank you again for your amazing base :cool:

Helix

Cyber - I don't know how to do that. I went to the Layers menu and clicked "show all" but nothing happened. I can't see the other 19, nor can I find a way to toggle/advance to them.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Helix on February 13, 2014, 04:58:46 PM
Cyber - I don't know how to do that. I went to the Layers menu and clicked "show all" but nothing happened. I can't see the other 19, nor can I find a way to toggle/advance to them.

Conversation taken to PM so as to not threadjack Murs' Skins Thread.

John Jr.

Impressive work with the base, Murs. It got me itching to get back to skinning.

murs47

It's been a while. A long while. Figured I'd wipe the dust off something Windblown and I collaborated on for Marvel Legacy. Well, 1/5th of it at least. The other 4/5ths was just chit-chat...names and ideas.

Introducing: Kanika Farouk, aka Marvel Girl // Illegitimate child of the Shadow King(Amahl Farouk).

I don't have CTool installed to create some preview pics but here is a zip file of the skin and skope.

Windblown blew my mind with this skope. His magic happens on certain animations. Don't recall which ones though. Cheers all!

daglob

Quote from: Cyber Burn on June 23, 2019, 02:39:48 AM
Aargghh!!! I need my laptop, ASAP!!!  :banghead:

Hmm... maybe I should fire mine up and skin with it...

BentonGrey

Wow, that is really cool, and great concept too!   :thumbup:

Yep, now I have to find a way to dragoon you into making some DCUG stuff!  :lol:
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Quote from: BentonGrey on June 23, 2019, 04:11:55 AM
Wow, that is really cool, and great concept too!   :thumbup:

Yep, now I have to find a way to dragoon you into making some DCUG stuff!  :lol:

Make mine Marvel, BG.  :thumbup:

Quote from: Podmark on June 23, 2019, 05:09:48 AM
That is awesome and super creepy.

Mission accomplished. ^_^

Thanks all! I'm actually curious what it looks like now too. Maybe I'll give CTool on the Mac a shot sometime today.

While I was hunting this down I realized everything I've ever made is gone. I thought I backed it all up too. Guess not. (I had to find this skin/skope in emails between Windblown and I.)

Cyber Burn

I'm pretty sure that we could help you get the majority of your work back.

daglob

Between me and CB, anyway. And perhaps with a little help from The Wayback Machine...

deanjo2000

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

daglob

murs47

Thank you all! But, it's not too big of an issue. I think most of everything I've made can still be found on FoP. It was the unfinished/unreleased stuff that's now gone forever. Ah well. If I can't remember exactly what it was, does it really matter?

You guys are fantastic for being so willing to help! I think I've forgotten how swell this place is. *insert blush emoji*

Benton, it's 2019, why aren't we using the latest and greatest in emoji technology with the forums? The current stock isn't enough to convey the complexity of my emotional state.

BentonGrey

Quote from: murs47 on June 23, 2019, 04:17:50 PM
Make mine Marvel, BG.  :thumbup:

Hey, I might wear you out one of these days...or just intrigue you with the awesomeness of my projects!  :lol:

Man, that stinks, Murs!  I'm sorry you lost the unfinished stuff.  The guys are right, though, we can find anything that you DID put out.  I hope you can get CTool working on your Mac!

Haha, sorry man.   :oops:
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

naitvalis

Great to see you back in creating stuff for FF your stuff  is always amazing! Soooo you like 40k stuff I guess why not try your skills on that?  I try to update my 40k stuff while I gain access to my tablet and files again, i have a chaos marine half baked so just send a pm with mail if you want, you could use them as a base or for pieces, I think there aren't any major bugs since I have not received any bad report from the other testers...

murs47

Quote from: naitvalis on June 24, 2019, 01:12:24 PM
Soooo you like 40k stuff I guess why not try your skills on that?

I have been...very, very slowly since last summer. I'm currently building/painting an Alpha Legion army. When those new CSM models dropped a few months back I completely dropped the Space Marines I was working on. I love 'em!

spydermann93

*ears perk up*

What's that? Somebody mention something about 40k?

murs47

Quote from: spydermann93 on June 24, 2019, 10:13:09 PM
*ears perk up*

What's that? Somebody mention something about 40k?

Two somebodies!

What armies are you two running? (I'm fairly new so some things may fly right over my head.)

spydermann93

Man, if I had the money, I'd totally be running Tyranids and Necrons.

Been playing some tabletop on Tabletop Simulator and I love my 'Nids.

I'm super new to the tabletop game (long time love of Warhammer though) so my army probably isn't too great.

My army is 500 pts and I've got:

Hive Fleet Hydra
1x Broodlord
25x Termagants with Spike Rifles
12x Hormagants
12x Hormagants (another unit to split up for flanking)
1x Lictor (to get rid of blasted snipers)
1x [Distraction] Carnifex

daglob

Cyber Burn did me a real nice Necron Soldier scope that I really need to finish and release...

Cyber Burn

Quote from: daglob on June 26, 2019, 02:06:38 AM
Cyber Burn did me a real nice Necron Soldier scope that I really need to finish and release...

And I really need to add some more Skopes to that as well.

naitvalis

Can't wait to see your alpha legion murs! i have started a black legion chaos marine some months ago, now have to wait a temporal window to finish it, warhammer 40k offer certainly a very fascinating universe, wich basically rotate around this fascist pseudo religious "empire of men" , while the tabletop game could like or not, the design of the units and miniatures is extremely fitting for this kind of game, nowadays like in the 90s is still very appreciated, so basically a marriage between  :ff: and warhammer40k with a mod could bring many new players and also fit perfectly cause are two oldies but goodies..well all that i can do now is try to built material when i have the opportunity.

murs47

Quote from: spydermann93 on June 25, 2019, 10:58:56 PM
Man, if I had the money, I'd totally be running Tyranids and Necrons.

Been playing some tabletop on Tabletop Simulator and I love my 'Nids.

I'm super new to the tabletop game (long time love of Warhammer though) so my army probably isn't too great.

My army is 500 pts and I've got:

Hive Fleet Hydra
1x Broodlord
25x Termagants with Spike Rifles
12x Hormagants
12x Hormagants (another unit to split up for flanking)
1x Lictor (to get rid of blasted snipers)
1x [Distraction] Carnifex

It definitely sounds like you know what you're doing. The Carnifex model is so frickin sweet! You honestly have a lot going on for 500 points. How cheap is a Carnifex? And what's this Tabletop Simulator thing?

I'm currently making sure I have a Battalion Attachment for the extra 5 CPs. Other than that, rule of cool all the way.

My 500 point roster:

QuoteHQ
1. Chaos Lord w/ jump pack [Alpha Legion Chainsword Relic + Power Fist]
2. Exalted Champion [Power Axe + Chainsword]

TROOPS
3. 5-Man CSM Squad [Champ: Power Fist / Rest: Chainswords + Bolt Pistols]
4. 5-Man CSM Squad [Champ: Power Sword / Special: Plasma / Rest: Boltguns]
5. 5-Man CSM Squad [Champ: Combi-Bolter / Heavy: Autocannon / Rest: Boltguns]

FAST ATTACK
6. Raptors [Champ: Lightning Claws x2 / Rest: Chainswords + Bolt Pistols]

I probably should go ranged instead of melee due to the Alpha Legion trait, but melee is so much cooler! Less than half are painted as well so I won't be finding out how this roster works for a while.

Quote from: daglob on June 26, 2019, 02:06:38 AM

Oddly enough, one of my models has a decapitated Necron head on its base.

murs47

Quote from: naitvalis on June 26, 2019, 11:42:50 AM
Can't wait to see your alpha legion murs! i have started a black legion chaos marine some months ago, now have to wait a temporal window to finish it, warhammer 40k offer certainly a very fascinating universe, wich basically rotate around this fascist pseudo religious "empire of men" , while the tabletop game could like or not, the design of the units and miniatures is extremely fitting for this kind of game, nowadays like in the 90s is still very appreciated, so basically a marriage between  :ff: and warhammer40k with a mod could bring many new players and also fit perfectly cause are two oldies but goodies..well all that i can do now is try to built material when i have the opportunity.

I will definitely show them off when I finish them. I think painting these things is my new form of skinning. It was a tough choice for me between Black Legion, Alpha Legion, and Night Lords. BL has the coolest relics and strategems for sure.

The Imperium is so ridiculously xenophobic and stagnant, if not down right regressive. It reminds me of the Crusades...except with technology 40,000 years from our own future. So ridiculous.

I can definitely see a Kill Team mod for  :ffvstr: . In fact, that sounds like a perfect match.