FF Historical Preservation and Chowder & Marching Society Living List-7/12/21

Started by daglob, July 17, 2016, 04:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperPoweredYank

Great job Ewzzy! A lot of stuff to look through later... :thumbup:

Skindex seems to have the most archived, probably because of the cease and desists it received in the past.

It's too bad so little of Electric Freedom was archived though, so many old FF read-mes mention meshes that were only on it and the defunct Yahoo groups. I hope someone still has that on a drive somewhere.

I see the Transformers mod amongst that stuff too. Anybody got the old Matrix mod?

WyldFyre

I *think* i have all of the old mods. I am currently working on building the Museum site, and plan to have them available. If RL didn't interfere with my free time, I would have it up by now. Rest assured, I am working on it though.
For Freedom!

SuperPoweredYank

mal19uk

eluvium

Panther_Gunn

Quote from: eluvium on September 28, 2022, 04:42:49 AM
Quote from: mal19uk on March 14, 2022, 03:21:49 PM
Hi,

I have just found a bunch of meshes/skins that were originally on a few of the yahoo groups.

https://chomikuj.pl/Draken422/Gry+-+Dodatki/Freedom+Force/Modele

Looks like this guy is charging for them?

I downloaded one as a test, and wasn't prompted for payment of any kind.  However, it looks like either he, or the site he's using, is trying to bundle other things with the downloads.  You can opt to not get the extra stuff, but it's not a great look.

Of all of the content he's got on there, I think Tomato is the only regularly active creator.  Not sure if 'mato wants to ask him to stop hosting his stuff or not.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

eluvium

Panther_Gunn

That looks more like his site host charging for the bandwidth, not the person that uploaded everything.  Note the portion on the bottom encouraging people to start their own account & link to others.
The Best There Is At What I Do......when I have the time.

eluvium

Quote from: Panther_Gunn on October 01, 2022, 07:48:24 AM
That looks more like his site host charging for the bandwidth, not the person that uploaded everything.  Note the portion on the bottom encouraging people to start their own account & link to others.
kk thx