News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Need an avatar?

Started by laughing paradox, June 22, 2009, 03:10:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laughing paradox

NOTE: This is only a preliminary step. The actual challenge won't occur for a while.

The next Official Skinning Challenge will be creating avatars for members on the site that do not have them.

The way I envisioned this to work was to have members who do NOT have an avatar to post in this thread with an idea of what you'd like: a description of your character, including backstory and powers, and even some reference pictures. To help with a reference picture, you may want to check out this site: http://fabricadeherois.blogspot.com/ (While originally Portuguese, after clicking the emblem and a character model, make sure you click the American flag to change the words to English!)

Please limit your avatars to only ONE character. I'll see what moves I can make to make certain that all avatars requested will be done, but I cannot make any promises. Skinners are a fickle bunch. ;)

And if any skinners will be interested in contributing to this challenge, let us know so we have a good idea of where everyone stands.

daerdevil

OK, I'm in. 

Unfortunately, I never settled on a look or back story for my forum name.  I was fairly unimaginative when I signed up, way back whenever, and just rearranged some letters for my favorite character Daredevil, which had already been picked.  I envisioned a melee type character, misplaced from another time.  Sort of a vigilante from the past, mystically transported to the future.  The character would be one that reveled in taking chances and beating impossible odds.  But then my lack of imagination kicked in.  Never could decide on which era...but something along the lines of a swashbuckler.  Really, I'm open to any interpretation.  I'd like to keep him as a scrapper, but always toyed with the idea of some supernatural flame type powers.  Maybe a flaming sword or staff. 

As for costumes, flames, demons, and pentagrams would work, and I prefer masks (Cap, Daredevil, or El Aguila style).  Again, not much guidance but it's a start.  I guess I could run some costume ideas on the hero generator and edit the post later. 

I'd be interested in working on someone else's skin (seems easier than doing your own for some reason).

jtharris86

Name: Omegaboy

Power: Enhanced strength, reflexes, and resistance. Energy blast from eyes. Bulletproof shield

The shield matches the uniform  :thumbup: thx

Jakew

Name: JetSam

Power: The gauntlet can project energy beams and is super strong; vest projects a force field; anti-gravity belt allows flight.

Sam Tolliver is the son of armoured technology superhero Aegis. Sam, studying investigative journalism on campus in a NY university, has little interest in superheroics. When the hero is killed in the line of duty, Sam inherits half of his father's power armour. The rest of the armour is inherited by his alien half-brother (and Aegis' sidekick), Garrix. Little does Sam know that Garrix arranged the death of Aegis in order to inherit the hero's mantle. Garrix is shocked that he is only legally entitled to half of the Aegis armour, and schemes to seize the rest from Sam. Sam, for his part, must now work out what he is going to do with his portion of the powerful armour ... to continue to ignore his superheroic legacy or use it as his father intended?

JetSam is a reluctant superhero whose costume is a combination of his Aegis armour and street clothes.

This is the very basic design. It'd be great if someone could jazz up the armour and street clothes ... the program I used to design JetSam was pretty limited in terms of clothing options and colour palette. He'd probably look cooler with a collared shirt and rolled sleeves beneath that vest. But I think it gives you a general idea! I just like the idea of the casual/techno combination.

Gremlin

I actually like Jakew as a superhero handle. You probably mean it as an initial, but I like it as one word.

Zippo

I think that I'd actually really enjoy trying out making a skin for this. Especially seeing as I'm going to be having a week of no work coming up at the beginning of the month.

So, count me in on this one!

Reepicheep

Just wanted to say, thats a pretty neat design there, Jake!

Iris

I dont actually have a skin or a mesh/hex/model/skope of my skin.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Iris on June 23, 2009, 07:38:33 PM
I dont actually have a skin or a mesh/hex/model/skope of my skin.

Is your avatar's name Iris? Every time I hear the name "Iris" I think rainbow, wings, and white.

daglob

Hmmm... in my Champions campaign Iris is a giant walking eyeball.

Iris

No, his name is Oracle Ranger

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Iris on June 24, 2009, 04:43:05 PM
No, his name is Oracle Ranger

Awww. Too bad. I really had a neat design for the name Iris. If you don't object, I would mind taking a shot at it (Iris avatar, not Oracle Ranger).

bat1987

Didnt think of a much backstory for my av but I did something with hero creator

Iris

I understand that That Character "Iris" has come up at hand, Iris is a character of mine but I never made
a costume, It would be appreciated that you make a costume for him, Iris is a guy.

Jakew

Quote from: Reepicheep on June 23, 2009, 08:05:00 AM
Just wanted to say, thats a pretty neat design there, Jake!

Cheers! I just wanted something that looked a bit different from the other avatars.

elhonez

I could use an avatar... here are my loose notes on "El Honez":

Premise: Guitar Playing Pro Wrestler
Powers: uses music to enrage his opponents (and to pump himself up); superhuman strength/stamina; likes to use guitar as a weapon
Costume Notes: black and silver, elements of Heavy Metal and Lucha Libre style, very showy/pro-wrestlery
* luca libre mask over front of face only; long black hair behind it
* mask is black with silver trim, possibly diamond-studded
* "H" motif throughout costume (mask, chest, belt)
* "El Honez" in diamond-studded cursive writing across back
* black tattoos down one arm

Think of a cross between a Mexican wrestler and Nathan Explosion from Metalocalypse

Ideal Hex/Skope/Mesh: would include long hair, a wrestling belt, arm bands and boots, and a guitar with both playing and swinging/chopping animations.

Here's a cheesey rough approximation using the hero tool above:

Sioux City Dynamo

Hi everyone,

I have been out of action for some time due to RL.  I am trying to jumpstart myself again and thought I would help out here.  First up Bat....

http://i520.photobucket.com/albums/w330/Sioux_City_Dynamo/Avatar_bat.jpg

What are your thoughts?

Respectfully,
Io

primus

I also have a post in request but I'll give it a shot here

herodad1

here's my avatar hitman made me.it originally went on gren's male_heavy_cape but i down-sized him to UE's spaceghost skope.i like this much better.still waiting for my side kick HERO DAUGHTER 1.anybody up for it pm me.anyway here's my pic.he has superhuman strength, endurance,near-invulnerable, and can fly.he's a olden age hero still kickin butt.  http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/ww276/herodad1/HERODAD1.jpg

The_Baroness

Umm i may skin my own avatar but would love to see what others may do about it.... if there is anyone interested

docdelorean88

This image is my original drawings of POLTERGEIST, the device to the right is a Screaming Banshee(a concentrated scream grenade):
This picture is just a fabrica de heroes version for color. The hood was part of the original design, but the above pic didn't have it drawn: There are three key factors to this costume. 1 The shape of the Eyes: If possible i would like the eyes as close to the drawings as possible. 2 The Mouth: It is one of the most important details for his costume. 3 The logo: Although there are two logos on the drawing, i would go with the round one(this is directly related to details 1-2).
If anyone is interested in the origin of Poltergeist, here it is)please forgive lack of spacing. When I pasted it, all of the spaces dissapeared):
Spoiler
Alan Braddock, attorney at law has lived a very pitiful life. The life its self was very good, he however did not realize how good until it was gone. He grew up in a small home in City, State and lived a normal life dreaming of having his own law firm. He started studying law as quickly as possible. In his senior year of high school he met and fell in love with Susan McCann. He asked her to prom and they had been dating since. And in their sophomore year of college, Alan proposed.     
Alan and Susan had three children two daughters Jane (eldest), and Sunny (youngest) and a son Christopher (mid). Alan began spending lots of time at his firm as time passed. He had started his firm to protect the innocent, but recently his perspective had been altered severely and he started to lose focus on what was really important in his life. He missed his children?s birthdays, recitals, and soccer games, and once, just once, he worked Christmas morning.     
On Alan and Susan?s anniversary, they would get a baby sitter and go Ice Skating, which had been their first date after prom. As they glided on the frozen pond, Alan?s pager went off,     
'Work,' He said with a grim appearance, 'Sue, I'm needed at the office. We have a district hearing tomorrow and we need all the researchers we can get.? 
'No,' Susan said clutching his arm, 'You own the company, can't you get anyone else to go in for you?'     
'I'm sorry Sue,' He said ripping his arm from her grip, 'I have everyone working, I?m the only one not there!'     
'Alan, it's our anniversary!!!'   
'What am I supposed to do?!?! Let my company fall under just because you want me to stay and slide around on a stupid sheet of ice!' He had started shouting, 'I built that company from the ground up, and I'll be darned if I let you, or anyone else stop me from doing what is necessary to keep it afloat!!!'   Susan slid back a few inches, as tears roll down her delicate cheeks.   
'Alan, what?s happened to you? You used to spit at heartless lawyers like the one your becoming! What happened to the man who used to defend the underdog, rather than the scum of the city?! Better yet, what happened to the man that would give up all of his previous plans to spend hours in front of the television, eating soggy cereal, watching Saturday morning cartoons with his children?! Hmm? What happened to him? What happened to the man who I fell in love with?'   
?He opened the biggest law firm this side of Blank County!!! That?s what happened! Call your sister for a ride home.? He stormed off the ice. He got into the car and drove to the firm. They worked until 2:00 AM. And the entire time, Alan regretted the decision he had made; that very first time he decided work was more important. He would buy her favorite flowers and apologize when he got home, and they would all go on a long vacation together and make things good again. The drive home had seemed extremely long for some reason. And when he turned on to their street, he could sense something was wrong. There were sirens and lights coming from down the street, and as he drove farther, he realized, they were coming from his house.   
He got out of the car and ran into his house. There had been a break in his wife had been shot and his children missing. Susan died on the way to the hospital, just after she had said to Alan ?Make things right with your children. I know you feel bad about the life you have lead, so change it for your children. And be sure to tell them I will always love them, as I will always love you.?   
He panicked, the police force in this city hadn?t been known for promptly ness, so he hired the best P.I?s he could find, he had spent up all of his funds and all of his company?s money trying to possibly track down the remainder of his broken family. He found himself with nothing left to his name but a rented hotel room. One night, as he prepared for bed, he kneeled beside his bed and prayed,   
?God, I ask you to please save my children from the horrors of this world. Please, help me to fight injustice on such a cruel earth.? He lay down, and as he slept, he started to dream of a small ally in which he walked along slowly and approached a man in long black robes.   
?It?s time for the wicked to pay!? the man said as he walked towards Alan. ?I?ve changed, I swear to you, I?m a different man!? But it was to late the man in black had subtly pulled out a small dagger and stabbed him, and repeated, ?It?s time for the wicked to pay.? And walked away.   
Alan awoke in his room as paramedics put his body into a thick black bag, but he was not in the bag, he was watching. He had had a heart attack in his sleep.   
?No!? He thought. ?My children need me they are still alive, I can ? feel it?? He knew they were alive. The paramedics wheeled him away and hadn?t noticed he had been standing there the whole time! He was invisible, but he could control that, because as he walked down the street, needing someone to talk to, a man put his hand out and said,   
?Excuse me Sir, but you look like you?ve just seen a ghost!? and suddenly Alan realized he had been seen, so he thought about being translucent once again, and, plink! It was as if the other man had seen a ghost.   
He wandered around all night and the next day Alan went to his wife?s grave. He rested his hand on the tombstone sitting next to it, saying ?Here lies Alan Braddock, Husband, Father, Businessman? The stone had been there for some time, but the finishing date had been inscribed in light of his recent passing. As he passed his fingers through the letters spelling his last name, a white light surrounded him, and suddenly all he could see is white.   
?Alan, You seek the means to fight injustice every where. Correct??
?Yes,? Alan said, looking around seeing no one.
?You have been given such means, starting with the ability to interact with the mortal world as you choose. You will be given the powers others in your position have been given. And you will take over the mantle.?
?The mantle?? Alan asked, covering his eyes.
?Yes, you will take over the mantle of the Poltergeist. This is an honor given to someone who wishes to better the world, in honor of a life unjustly taken. So, Do you Alan Braddock, wish to bring justice to the world?? He stood still for a moment.
?I do.? He vowed.
?Then go, spare the innocent, the horrors of the mortal world. And apprehend those who inflict the horrors on the innocent.?
?I will, but first, why me??
?You were a misguided man, who sought to change his ways, and make things better for those around him. You deserve the chance to do that, and now you do. Now, go. There is much work to be done.? A door appeared in front of him. Alan walked through it, and said with a tear running down his face,
?Thank you.?
And i know your all thinking it so i'll just come out and say it. Yes, he is extremely similar to tombstone. But, then again aren't all new super heroes resemble 60% of an already existing one in some way? Thanks to whoever wants to do this.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Gremlin

Poltergeist is kinda cool, although I think making the eyes on his chest bigger and getting rid of the eyes on his head would be really cool.

Iris

I think im going through some sort of enlightenment, so im going to make a skin of thois character if its the last thing i do.

Ares_God_of_War

Basically the Olympian Wargod Ares. Powers would be something similar to how he has been potrayed by Marvel, DC and the Hercules/Xena TV shows.
Immortal
energy projection
flight
very resistant to physical damage
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

UnkoMan

Man, I love characters whose logos are their own faces. Poltergeist is cool looking. Do you only want those details 100%? Is there a bit of wiggle room for the rest?

docdelorean88

I guess there is some wiggle room... what do you have in mind?
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Sioux City Dynamo

Io

jtharris86

TERRIFIC JOB!
Thank you Sioux  :thumbup:

I LOVE IT

herodad1

Green Hornet

This is my request for a skin for my avatar 2 varations using Grenadier Beetle mesh:  :rickbm thanks