The Last Airbender Movie ***SPOILERS***

Started by Midnite, June 23, 2009, 06:16:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Midnite

Teaser Trailer

Is that the Star Wars kid?  :D
Still don't agree with the casting.

JeyNyce

Looks good so far, but the fact that it has M.Night in it makes me have doubts.  I hope Nick Network put their foot down and tell him how the movie should be and don't put no twisted endings in it.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

detourne_me

just hope that it's better than dragonball

BWPS

I can't tell if it's going to be good or not from this. But its cool to finally see something.
Either MNS adds his own touches, takes out important things like Appa, Redoes stuff, etc. and the movie sucks or he's faithful to the series AND it has a big enough budget or is made well enough and the movie is awesome (mostly thanks to the source material). On the one hand, this is a movie of a cartoon so I'm thinking terrible, on the other hand, he probably chose to make the movie based on liking the series, so maybe he'll care about it. He's not a bad writer/director. In my opinion, Signs was his worst and none of the movies were as bad as some people think. Of course, 6th Sense and Unbreakable are the only two really great ones and this is completely unlike anything he's done before.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Podmark

Wouldn't it be awesome if this was good?
Trailer didn't look too bad though.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Ajax

Whether this is good or not isn't really the question. Why did they make this? The series is perfect as is. Do we really need a condensed version that will at best tell a skeleton version of the story minus any of the meaning? Color me uninterested.

TheMarvell

Not familiar with the series at all, but this might be the kind of movie M. Night needs to put his name back into a positive spotlight. I just wish they'd stop slapping his name all over everything he touches.

The Happening was, without a doubt, his worst movie to date. I thought Lady in the Water would be his ultimate low point, but he proved me wrong with Happening. I just don't see how someone could go from making fantastic films like Sixth Sense and Unbreakable (two of my all time favorite movies) to ridiculously bad movies like Lady and Happening. Shyamalan used to be my favorite director until his last two movies. :( The guy still has a talent, so I hope this does well.

Sevenforce

Let's just hope he doesn't make the Water Tribe the secret organisation behind all evil in the Avatar world... <_<
I so need booze -_-

Mr. Hamrick

well supposedly

Spoiler
It's the fire nation

according to the summary on IMDB

BWPS

Yeah, but that's no secret. They're such jerks!
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Podmark

He better not screw around with the story. Compact it sure (though 3 movies would probably be the smart way to handle it) but the story itself needs to stay intact.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Sevenforce

Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on June 26, 2009, 02:35:49 AM
well supposedly

Spoiler
It's the fire nation

I was...trying to make a joke...as he makes water a weakness or...baddie of some kind in some of his movies? (See Unbreakable, Sixth Sense) No? :unsure:

I'm not sure that the live action would be better than the cartoon/anime. I mean...the anime already did it spectacularly, is there really a need to remake it into a live action movie with, to be fair, lesser ability (ie itll cost more and look 'hokey') to recreate the fantastic vistas and special effects (i.e. bending techniques)?
I so need booze -_-

BWPS

Quote from: Sevenforce on June 30, 2009, 11:52:43 AM
Quote from: Mr. Hamrick on June 26, 2009, 02:35:49 AM
well supposedly

Spoiler
It's the fire nation

I was...trying to make a joke...as he makes water a weakness or...baddie of some kind in some of his movies? (See Unbreakable, Sixth Sense) No? :unsure:
I got it. MNS is famous for his little bends at the end.

I hope there's some blood bending, maybe in a sequel. That episode was crazy awesome.

Camma

Thanks for the pics Middy.

The guy playing Aang looks so sullen in the shot.  I know there are parts of the story were he becomes depressed but for the most part he is a jolly kid.  The bending shots look pretty cool as well.

While I'm still skeptical on the whole "why do even need to make a live action movie of this" side, if MNS can get solid performances from the actors and seamlessly tie in the visual effects I think this could be good.  Oh and I do hope MNS can get through this movie without "A Twist!" (thank you Robot Chicken).
If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you

Podmark

Can't say I'm too impressed with any of them. They're not necessarily bad, but different, not used to them.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page