News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Alpha Problems with Male_Alpha

Started by triad4evr, June 24, 2009, 04:44:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

triad4evr

I have run into the Male_Alpha problem where the alpha channel does not appear to be working on the _extras.tga file specifically with the old Suicide Squad mod specifically with the Steam install of Freedom Force I. What's the fix for that? I tried opening up the TGA files for the extras in GIMP and the alpha texture is definitely there, but in the Suicide Squad mod, the capes are still showing up as pasty white. Any help would be appreciated. Is it perhaps a .nif issue rather than an issue with the TGA file? Thanks!

Tomato

which game is this, FF1? Because if so, it's actually a video card issue... FF1 has many alpha issues with different video cards which were, for the most part, fixed in FFv3R.

daglob

There exists a Male Alpha Nocape, also.

triad4evr

Any idea who makes that one? I might try slipping that in and editing it so it points to that for the model for the three meshes that are having the problem... I don't have that one in my collection. Thanks for the reply! I'm not that surprised that it could be a graphics card issue since I had an ATI back then but have since changed to NVidia.

daglob

Ummm... My NVidia hates FF1; it's why I've been doing FFv3R stuff lately.

Let me look thorugh my CDs and I'll see if I can find MANC. Although, if you know how to use Nifscope, you might be able to make your own.

triad4evr

I don't know much about editing stuff really. I'm hoping I can just copy over the skins in question to Male Alpha No Cape and get them to work right within the mod.