New Power INC... update 11/18/09

Started by House Quake, June 28, 2009, 03:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

House Quake

New Power INC is back online with a new look, some new friends and my old butt.  :P

NPI host both original and mainstream skins,skopes and meshes from:
- House Quake
- Tomato
- Billdamn22
- Souix City Dynamo
- Cascurudo (own site coming in a few days)

... and a few more new peeps who are just around the corner.
- Death's Jester
- Carravaggio
- Failed Hero
- Voltimax
- Zivon23

Subsites
Meshworks
meshes and other FF addons
- Valandar
- Vertex (general vx meshes only)
- Texas Jack (select meshes)
Keyframe Central (dipository for many universal KF sets)

The Archives
Original chars from past NPI greats(skins, hexes, meshes)
- Paradox
- Matrix
- Zuludelta
- Titan136

NPI'Pedia

Reference guide to the New Power INC Universe(s).

The Insider
(currently down... will be back soon)
A fictious news blog from the world of NPI

Downloadable content is a tad on the lite side right now, as RL obligations have gotten a few people way behind in thier ability to make available some great skins/skopes... but more updates are coming soon.

murs47

Outcast

Sure looks good.  :pk:

I got an early sneak peak of the site yesterday when i tried clicking on a NPI link. :P

Can't wait for those archive files too. :thumbup:

detourne_me

Tomato

Grah, you moved the link! Now I have to actually look at what I'm doing when I'm typing in urls. *shakes fist*

In all seriousness, great to see it finally semi-completed... I've really missed keyframe central.

Ash4fire

:D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D    Yippie

Alaric

Fear the "A"!!!

Epimethee

FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

House Quake

06/30/09
The Insider is online.  In blog format, the Insider is a mixture of fiction and role playing.   It will keep you up to date on what's going in the NPI Universe through articles ranging from the latest news headlines to character spot lights and one on one interviews.

Reepicheep

AfghanAnt

Good to see that you guys are up and running.

laughing paradox

Great revamp of the site, HQ. I'm really digging it.

I was curious, those skins that you mentioned by Zulu and Paradox and Matrix and the rest, are those both original and mainstream?

style

Quote from: AfghanAnt on June 30, 2009, 05:44:52 PM
Good to see that you guys are up and running.

If only we can get our butts going!!!! :P
The Ultimate Fan!

House Quake

Quote from: laughing paradox on June 30, 2009, 07:18:45 PM
Great revamp of the site, HQ. I'm really digging it.

I was curious, those skins that you mentioned by Zulu and Paradox and Matrix and the rest, are those both original and mainstream?
original definately

the mainstream stuff will take awhille. 

House Quake

No major updates right now... but I'll just say that my peeps keep me busy.

In the coming weeks, I'm hoping to feature the work of a skinning newbie or two.  I love seeing the development of the new guys.

Also a couple older members have said, "don't archive me just yet!"  I'm looking forward to seeing what FF's resident drunken dead guy and the sexiest cat to ever grace these boards  have in store for the community.

BentonGrey

Hey HQ, just want to say that I am really enjoying the renaissance of NPI!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Gremlin

Quote from: House Quake on July 10, 2009, 11:20:04 PM
In the coming weeks, I'm hoping to feature the work of a skinning newbie or two.  I love seeing the development of the new guys.

Also a couple older members have said, "don't archive me just yet!"  I'm looking forward to seeing what FF's resident drunken dead guy and the sexiest cat to ever grace these boards  have in store for the community.

Both of these statements make me happy.

primus

Anyone seen or heard from Damnage lately?  I know he had computer issues, wasn't sure if they were cured

House Quake

Quote from: primus on July 12, 2009, 03:51:00 AM
Anyone seen or heard from Damnage lately?  I know he had computer issues, wasn't sure if they were cured
Last word was PC issues.

Outcast

Quote from: House Quake on July 10, 2009, 11:20:04 PM
In the coming weeks, I'm hoping to feature the work of a skinning newbie or two.  I love seeing the development of the new guys.

Also a couple older members have said, "don't archive me just yet!"  I'm looking forward to seeing what FF's resident drunken dead guy and the sexiest cat to ever grace these boards  have in store for the community.

Definitely something to look forward to.  :cool:

How about Carravaggio? When will his work be uploaded? :)

cmdrkoenig67

The new NPI is looking very nice, House.

Dana

House Quake

07/15/09
NPI welcomes one of our newest members, Sioux City Dynamo.  he's a good talent who has been making avatars and renditions of some of the more off beat characters from DC, marvel and other comic publishers which are available on 'Main Street'.  Of course... some original stuffage will be coming down the line from him as well.

detourne_me

Wow! SC Dynamo has quite a roster!  I got em all!

Just a question here,  but I can't download some of Tomato's influx characters.  For example Red Ant V2 and Darek Barrie (highly anticipated in my opinion)

House Quake

Quote from: detourne_me on July 17, 2009, 07:28:14 AM
Wow! SC Dynamo has quite a roster!  I got em all!

Just a question here,  but I can't download some of Tomato's influx characters.  For example Red Ant V2 and Darek Barrie (highly anticipated in my opinion)
Fixed  :cool:

GGiant

Weird, I downloaded some of the files in Tomato's Influx, but i get only a damaged archive. (Darek Barrie, Classic Tomato)

EDIT: Red Ant works, weird  :blink:

Tomato

Ah, I know what happened. Give me 20 minutes, I'll fix it... the zips are renamed ".rar" files, instead of actual zips. The server wasn't letting you DL rars at the time I put them up, so I just renamed them to zips (I know the compression is different, but any program capable of using rars could still open them even with the different name). After I realized the issue with rars, all further zips were just encoded as actual zips... thus why Lina, Red Ant, and a few others wouldn't be affected.

Edit:Ok, I think everything is fixed now (I just rearchived everything), at least the stuff on my personal page. I have re-uploaded the newer zips for the mainstream stuff into alternate folders until HQ can move stuff around though, so in case those are broken (and they may not be) just post here and I'll link it for the time being.

detourne_me

Excellent Tomato.  I really love all of your latest meshes and skins!
...sorry I just have one more problem.. which keyframes should we use with Lina?  there's no readme in the zip.

Tomato

Quote from: detourne_me on July 17, 2009, 07:02:58 PM
Excellent Tomato.  I really love all of your latest meshes and skins!
...sorry I just have one more problem.. which keyframes should we use with Lina?  there's no readme in the zip.

I believe I set her up to use female_basic_cape keys or female_basic keys, depending on which you want to use. If you're looking for specific sets of cape keys, Gren has a few on Meshworks and I think some of Tommy's keys are set up for cape movement also.

Edit: Going through them again, I'd suggest Gren's Vision-type keys.

GGiant

I wandered around NPI and found out that vx meshes are there again, yay :thumbup:, Of course, the new stuff will be on the Champions' site. ^_^

Tomato

not exactly GG... V's GENERIC meshes are up, but his MAINSTREAM meshes are still going over to Champions.