Warehouse 13

Started by afterburn, July 15, 2009, 03:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afterburn

I was skeptical of this show thinking it would be an X-files remake that will fail as poorly as their Flash Gordon show.  But it was actually surprisingly good.  It's light and not anything amazing, but it's got some good humor, some good actors, and you can tell the show isn't trying to be something that it's not.  It knows that its derivative of many shows and pulls it off well.  What do you guys think?
sasha eats boogers

catwhowalksbyhimself

I like it so far.  I thought the pilot was okay, but had potential.  The second episode, though, is better so far (haven't finished it) and the characters are coming out better defined and more interesting.  I think we have a potentially good show here.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Tomato

I like it, so far. Nice amount of fun here, which is always a plus for me. Love some of the gadgets.

marhawkman

Hey... I liked their Flash Gordon show.

thanoson

GF and I watched both episodes last night. Liked it. X-files meets Ghostbusters is what we saw. Fun stuff.
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

marhawkman

thanoson

Correction on assessment. X-Files  meets Ghostbusters meets Friday the 13th, the Series.
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

Glitch Girl

That about sums it up, thanoson.

So far, I'm liking it.  They've just introduced the recurring nemesis (played by a guy who's good at playing recurring nemesies) and hints they've dropped about Artie are intriguing.  The two leads didn't initially impress me, but as the series progresses, I like how they're developing. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

marhawkman

Hahah!!! Oh yeah, that really hit the nail on the head. :)

catwhowalksbyhimself

You should also note that Mrs. Frederick is played by the same lady who voiced Amanda Waller on JLU, which is appropriate seeing how similar the two characters are.

Glitch Girl

No kidding.  I saw her name in the opening credits and was wondering who she was going to be.  Apropo casting. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

bredon7777

This is a great show, the best Sci-fi has done in a while.
"I can't wait to hear this guy's monologue. 'I am the Palindrome! Feel my power! Power my feel! Palindrome the am I!' Peter Piping weirdos." - The Middleman

Camma

We are really getting into this show.  It's kind of X-file lite with more comedy and not as dark themes.  However:

Quote from: Glitch Girl on August 19, 2009, 11:26:27 PM
The two leads didn't initially impress me, but as the series progresses, I like how they're developing. 

Personally, I think they are getting worse as the plot progresses.  If you've watched Bones, they seem very similar but i would think the W13 actors were Bones casting rejects.
If for any reason you're not satisfied with our service, I hate you

catwhowalksbyhimself

The latest news is that they have officially been renewed for a second season.

They also look like they will set the record for highest rated first season of any show in ScFi, with an average of 4 million per episode.  To compare, Battlestar Galactica averaged slightly under 3.  Also unusual is that half the viewers are female.  SciFi (I refuse to call it by the ridiculous name of Syfy) usually skews heavily male.

Tomato

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on August 19, 2009, 11:43:01 PM
You should also note that Mrs. Frederick is played by the same lady who voiced Amanda Waller on JLU, which is appropriate seeing how similar the two characters are.

Heh, as soon as she showed up my dad turned to me and was like "I think that's Amanda Waller" (he's almost as big a comic geek as I am, heh)

marhawkman

Hehehe..... Maybe you inherited his geekness?

Tomato

Quote from: marhawkman on August 23, 2009, 12:22:10 AM
Hehehe..... Maybe you inherited his geekness?

More like he brainwashed me... we have a picture of him reading me a comic book

marhawkman

Aww... that sounds cute. :)