Artemis' Skins: Let's pretend it's on a model... 26/06/2010

Started by Artemis, August 08, 2009, 04:21:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

docdelorean88

"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

Ewzzy

Wow! I'm not sure if I deserve all that praise. I'm sure you could have done it yourself in Nifskope now.
I have to go with S?ance as the name. Phantomess keeps looking like phanto-mess in my head.
That's a cool design for the character. Be sure to take you time skinning this one to make it pop.

Core

I'm a street-walking cheetah with a heart of napalm!

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

Xenolith

I have to go with S?ance as the name.

I agree.  Awesome skin and skope.

docdelorean88

Is the cloak going to match the bonice? It looks great either way!

herodad1

are they all going to be female?not knockin the ladies just wondered.what if man-bot was just a being of energy with say a mechanical vest to regulate his energy?gren has a male_heavy_fx that would work.give it a purple energy fx.

Artemis

Quote from: herodad1 on September 04, 2009, 06:28:57 PM
are they all going to be female?not knockin the ladies just wondered.what if man-bot was just a being of energy with say a mechanical vest to regulate his energy?gren has a male_heavy_fx that would work.give it a purple energy fx.

I had an idea similar to this for my el-diablo counterpart - instead of fire he's cold based. He'd be unable to control his abilities and would require some kind of device to regulate them. He'd be constantly cold to the touch - to the point where contact would cause freeze-burn. He'd be like man-bot in his melancholy ways/. However - my Eve character would be immune to cold- leading to a relationship; and his cold heart would melt....awwww.....

So yeah - there's going to be men, Invader is the first of at least 6. I just enjoy skinning females because they're my specialty. I've chosen the womenswear pathway at University and working with Freedom Force skins is helping me to visualise dress-makers patterns. (well i feel like it is helping me, anyway.)

Quote from: docdelorean88 on September 04, 2009, 06:10:01 PM
Is the cloak going to match the bonice? It looks great either way!

I'm actually wanting keeping the cloak black - does it look odd?

Artemis

Woo! 500 Posts!

Quote from: Ewzzy on September 04, 2009, 01:42:01 AM
Wow! I'm not sure if I deserve all that praise. I'm sure you could have done it yourself in Nifskope now.
I have to go with S?ance as the name. Phantomess keeps looking like phanto-mess in my head.
That's a cool design for the character. Be sure to take you time skinning this one to make it pop.

Lol - phanto-mess. I guess S?ance is her name now. I'm taking my time for sure. I'm currently working on my x-men skins so originals will be put on the backburner for a lil' while.

laughing paradox

Artemis

Thanks LP.

Okay, since I'm most likely going to have to stop skinning for a while after this week - I'm going to push and try and get a start on my X-men resdesign. Heres' a WIP of Phoenix.
Spoiler

I'm adding a headpiece like her 90's costume which will have another, smaller phoenix logo emblem (if re-sizing keeps the clarity). Still undecided on a mesh, hence female_longhair. whatever i do decide, I will need to skope a X symbol and belt onto it. Gloves and boots are going to be added, with hopefully wing details skoped on to them (similar to batman's gloves, but a bit more rounded - like the emblem wings).

Black and gold - Not sure If it's going to be team colours or just for phoenix, but I think it works on Jean for sure.

Blkcasanova247

Nice one Artemis. :thumbup: Two things...you might wanna try blending torso and lower body parts of the skin a little more unless your giving her a sash and maybe put this great skin on Inks Phoenix mesh....I think the results will be much better IMO. ;)

EDIT: Saw the part where you said you were adding belt. :doh: Sorry man...was at work and couldn't stay on for long therefore didn't read properly. :P
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

docdelorean88

miguelyanke

I'm with Blkcasanova, using a more... "comic" mesh like ink's ones should better the creation.

Another thing (i suggest) is to change the final part of the wings. Usually Phoenix logo is creating a (not exactly correct) triangle.

I like the final work over "leather" what about some boots?

Good work and i'll be waiting for your work ^.~

Cyber Burn

S?anceis really cool, great design. also suggesting Ink's female meshes. i think that hteyd do more justice to the character.

Outcast

I agree with the other guys. If it's an X-men redesign, i think it would help a lot to use meshes that are dedicated to these characters. :)

And of course, your original character Seance looks really good. Nice design.  :cool:

Artemis

Looks like FF skinning is going to be a little less frequent. I've got to start on my mind-numbingly boring University research brief before I go back, honestly fashion trends make me zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

So A preview of what's quite likely to be an un-finished project . I'm pretty uninspired by it...when I get back to skinning I'm probably going to focus on my originals again.

Phoenix is the only one I'm happy with costume wise...maybe I should give up on the team-look and go for individual colour schemes - I like the balck and gold for phoenix but without any accents Ororo, Betsy and Alison look rather bleh. I do like Psylocke's face though, I think it's probably the best of the four - and Dazzler looks pretty PO'd. Not sure why that happened :S

And I did pay attention to everyone's suggestion of Ink meshes. I even skoped a headpiece onto his Warbird mesh for phoenix - But try as i might I could not get the belt to skope properly - it always came out tilted no matter how many times I rotated it and altered it. I wanted to break something so I gave up. When I can be bothered I will Upload a photo - I just forgot to right now and PS takes a while to load for me....time to remove some pointless stuff from harddrive methinks.

Artemis

Here are some of the first attempts at skopes, Phoenix still needs a belt, goves and boots. Storm needs her classic headpiece and some jewels and a choker. (The wing capes are C6 standards.)

Podmark

Hmm cool designs. I look forward to seeing all the finished products.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

laughing paradox

Ewzzy

Excellent work on the skin tones, you've got them just right. I can tell you aren't as inspired by these. They don't look as interesting as your original characters.

miguelyanke

I like your Storm idea ^_^ (but, why only one shoe?)

You could add some hair in front of Jeany's hair ^_^ she'll look beter

Outcast

Looking good so far for WIPs.  The costume designs are nice. I'm sure they will look a lot better when you're finished with them. :)

Artemis

Thanks everyone. I'm putting my skinning on the backburner now that Uni has started again. Really exciting project coming up with Topshop - possible internship placements are rewards I'm thinking...so it's time to really buckle down and see if I can get to where I want to be.

Tbh, I'm not totally sure I'll be able to get back into skinning for a while. But I have to thank everyone at FR who made creating for FF a pleasurable experience and to Ewzzy especially as he's been a great help with nifskope and the amazing S?ance skope.

@miguelyanke: I didnt even realise storm only had one shoe. lol. Obviously that will be fixed when (if?) i get back onto the skins. Thanks for pointing it out.
@Ewzzy: I am really ahppy with the skintones. If that's all I take away from the skins then I'm quite happy - I've always struggled with non- caucasian skins not looking 'right' to me.
@murs: Thanks alot mister Murs.
@podmark: I do hope i get back to skinning them. If not maybe I can work on a mini 'superheroine' collection for my portfolio; some garment flats and fashion illustrations of the above could look quite interesting - body-con is in right now and you don;t get more body-concious than spandex and leather ;)

Again thanks for taking the time to comment on my work guys, I truly appreaciate it.

Ewzzy

Allow me to be the first to say farewell.

The Hitman

Quote from: Ewzzy on September 23, 2009, 05:10:53 AM
Allow me to be the first to say farewell.

Allow me to be the first to say "She sells seas shells by the sea shore."  :thumbup:

It's a bummer to see you go, Artemis. I usually don't post much in the way of critiques, but I have to say that I've really enjoyed your skins. There's something about them that makes them stand out, and I like it. Good luck at Univeristy!

murs47

daglob