A Paragon-Rogue Isles switch

Started by spydermann93, August 11, 2009, 09:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

I was thinking of making a mission where you are a villain and you get to go to Paragon to take some revenge on the Heroes. The mission would be as close to Paragon as the game will allow (eg. Generic Heroes everywhere, bad guys walking around, Heroes fighting some bad guys, cops patroling the city etc). What do you guys think of this idea?

After this one, I was going to make a Hero go to the Rogue Isles

BlueBard

Go for it.

There are a few outdoor city maps that might work well.  One in particular is based on Steel Canyon.  What I'm not sure of is how many of those maps have a large number of Boss/Ambush/Patrol and Object placements, because that's what you'll need.

Bear in mind that you'll only have one main group to work with, so you won't get everybody everywhere.  You'd probably get the best mileage out of using Paragon Police as the main group.  They span the whole level range 1-54; not many of the standard groups do.  Other groups that span are Council, 5th Column, and Arachnos.  Longbow does too, if I recall.  Your Generic Heroes could be a custom group and you might want to place them as bosses and patrols.  Likewise with bad guys.  Throw in a battle somewhere.  Lots of destructible objects.

If you're willing to restrict the mission to a specific level range, you can get away with more variation without eating your file size with customs.  You can easily combine standard NPC's in a custom group and this takes up less space.

STO/CO: @bluegeek