News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

skoping question

Started by bearded, August 14, 2009, 05:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

if i make a mesh regular size and export to nif, can nifskope be used to shrink everything in the nif 50 percent?

GogglesPizanno

Ive done it for various things, so yeah.

I think the only issue that i ever ran into was a mesh that had multiple independent objects that weren't parented to a single block. Rather than shrink/edit each one individually I just added a block, made it the parent of all the mesh objects and then did all the scaling to that one object, and the change applied to all child elements as whole.

Tomato

If the mesh has a handle node, that'll typically do it... though, for some meshes, it's a bit more difficult because there are actually several bipeds (TJ's Plastic Man and it's derivatives are a decent example of this.)

bearded

do you think there might be a way to do it in max?  i know i can change the height in body mode, but that scrunches up the pysique.  i could rephysique, but there are so many other small parts.

Tomato

you could change the handle node manually... but from what I've heard from V, doing so screws up any animations you might do later on. It's much easier to do it after the fact.

bearded

thanks.  handle question;  if i leave handle in, does that mean the mesh won't work with other keyframes?  say, i want a mesh to work with all male basic compatibles?

Tomato

No MB keys specifically reference the handle node at all, because the handle never changes position... only the biped does. So yeah, whether it's there or not is irrelevant. It's like having a cape in a mesh and then using MB keys... they work, they just don't alter the cape bones.