"The Walking Dead" TV series

Started by Midnite, August 19, 2009, 04:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B A D

The camp scene was Awesome.

I think the whole point of the Vatos was to lend credence to the Woodbury scenario in the future. Rick and the gang will be a bit more trusting based on that, and when the #@$@#$ up governor shows up, makes out with his undead daughter, and starts cuttin off vitals and a rapin, its going to catch most viewers by that much more surprise.
PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.

captmorgan72

Quote from: B A D on November 24, 2010, 05:47:26 PM
The camp scene was Awesome.

I think the whole point of the Vatos was to lend credence to the Woodbury scenario in the future. Rick and the gang will be a bit more trusting based on that, and when the #@$@#$ up governor shows up, makes out with his undead daughter, and starts cuttin off vitals and a rapin, its going to catch most viewers by that much more surprise.

:unsure: Haven't read the comic series but did you just spoil something?

MJB

Quote from: captmorgan72 on November 24, 2010, 07:18:33 PM:unsure: Haven't read the comic series but did you just spoil something?

If you were talking about the comic then, ya he spoiled the heck out of that part. With the series though who knows where they will go. So far they have added a bunch that wasn't in the comic. I expect that trend to continue.

As for last week's episode, I felt the last one was "different" than the others. Read the credits & it was written by Robert Kirkman. That explains the pile of dead bodies at the end of the issue. Most of which were not in the comics. :D

B A D

Don't worry about the comic matching the series. It just took a HUUUUUGE detour. And I'm not happy about it. This had better be a one and done, because this is starting to look like the plot of every living dead movie. Soldiers,nutty scientists?  WTF? Kirkman gave these guys 5 years of material, and THIS is  where  they take us? feh.

PROTIP: If you?re going to build a robot that can think for itself and then make it do menial labor, don?t make it twice your size, indestructible, and strong enough to pick you up and use your body to beat your friends to death. Alas, such is ever the folly of man.

Midnite

ow_tiobe_sb

Quote from: B A D on November 29, 2010, 03:23:50 PM
[T]his is starting to look like the plot of every living dead movie. Soldiers,nutty scientists?  WTF?

This is an accurate expression of the disappointment I voiced earlier in the thread.  'Tis a shame for the show.  :(

Unfortunately, all of these trite elements may be precisely what holds the attention of much of the series' audience.

ow_tiobe_sb
Phantom Bunburyist and Whirled Braker
Two words: Moog.

lugaru

Obviosly I'm mixed... on one hand I want detours from the script so that the show is for me too, not just people who have not read the comic. On the other hand, the detours keep getting larger and larger, which is risky given how good the source material is.

laughing paradox

I hate that they reached the CDC, or that some semblance of an answer to the zombie infestation is being shown. I enjoy that the survivors had no idea where it started; it's an aspect of the book that I respect. The first half of the fifth episode was fine, but the part with the CDC guy was a bit jarring.

I just hope Season 2 shows us Herchel's farm, then the prison.. and then maybe the governor. It can add and detract from the comic, as long as it has those three key elements. Oh, and Michonne. And I kind of would like to see Dwayne show up, too.

And I really hope the last episode ends in someone's death.

Podmark

I was reading an interview with Kirkman today and he stated that the trip to the CDC was due to the fact that it is really located in Atlanta, something that Kirkman wasn't aware of when he wrote the comic. He said it's a temporary detour and the show will continue to follow the comic with detours when they feel they are worth it.

He was coy about whether the show will explain where the zombies came from.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

lugaru

I like how somebody called these things "side quests" because that is what it feels like. The mission goes to a farm, a prison, etc... but side quests include a nursing home, the cdc, etc. Anyway I wated to share a website that I use to keep track of the characters in the comic and well it will be useful in the show. That said a warning: it points out who is alive and who is dead, so that might spoil a surprise or two for you.

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/Characters_(Pictorial_List)

GhostMachine

Quote from: laughing paradox on November 30, 2010, 06:45:22 PM
I hate that they reached the CDC, or that some semblance of an answer to the zombie infestation is being shown. I enjoy that the survivors had no idea where it started; it's an aspect of the book that I respect. The first half of the fifth episode was fine, but the part with the CDC guy was a bit jarring.

I just hope Season 2 shows us Herchel's farm, then the prison.. and then maybe the governor. It can add and detract from the comic, as long as it has those three key elements. Oh, and Michonne. And I kind of would like to see Dwayne show up, too.

And I really hope the last episode ends in someone's death.

No word on Michonne, but word is the prison and the Governor are planned for late season 2 or possibly season 3.

(If you mean Duane, Morgan's son from the pilot, I assume they're show up again in season 2. I don't read the comics so if there's a character named Dwayne, I have no idea who that is.)

Oh, and there's a rumor going around that
Spoiler
Merle may be the Governor in the series rather than Phillip!

B A D

That would be the worst thing ever. Merle was a good throwaway character. The Governor was a maniacal Mother @#$@#4 that was also smarter and far more evil than Merle could ever hope to be. The gov should be his own man, not some retread of a first season loser.

Midnite

Podmark

Quote from: Midnite on December 01, 2010, 09:06:49 PM
Frank Darabont fires The Walking Dead's entire writing staff

Was Kirkman part of the writing staff or was he freelancing?

I'm not sure but from what I've seen people saying he will still be involved. He does own the property.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

B A D

Freelancing. The  "vatos" episode and one other was written by Kirkman. He's going to be involved no matter what.

Midnite

Anyone watched Season 2 Premiere tonight?

lugaru

Quote from: Midnite on October 17, 2011, 03:14:49 AM
Anyone watched Season 2 Premiere tonight?

Kind of... I was at a friends house for a dinner party where we got a bit drunk so there was a lot of talking over the episode. That said it LOOKED really cool, very tense, the makeup continues to be great. The little bits of acting I cought where still a bit iffy but overal I'm glad it is back.

JeyNyce

Saw it.  Not a bad way to start the second season.  Are they going to do 6 episodes again or are they doing a full season?
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

lugaru

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1520211/episodes#season-2

13 according to IMDB, which is the number of episodes that most of the "cable" tv shows run. I was ok with 6 if all 6 are good but obviosly 13 is better, more to love.

B A D

The first episode broke all kinds of cable watch records.

My thoughts on episode 1:

Spoiler
1) Lori is an idiot. From her robbing the graveyard comment, to yelling at Carl for wanting a gun, to Making Shane  into an actual sympathetic character, she was a tour de force of " I hope she dies soon.
2) The show should be renamed "The Adventures of super Daryl and the idiots who follow him.
3) T-Dog. Why?
4) I Don't like whiny Andrea. Give my my sharp shooting bad arse woman from the comic.
5) More Glen, plz.
6) Less Rick monologing , please.
7) The zombies appear to be smarter than  they were last season, and move a bit better.

All that being said, I enjoyed the show a lot. I love watching me comic coming to life.

Magnificent

While the plot seemed to move a little slow (I guess I've gotten used to the speed of American Horror Story already), the only real complaint I have are the additions of the horrendously bad country accents by the two cops. :banghead:

Podmark

I quite enjoyed it. Seemed to pick up right where it left off.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

JeyNyce

I have a question, that was also brought up on the Talking dead show:

Why are there dead people just laying around?  No indication of how they died, but they are just there dead.

laughing paradox

Great first episode of the new season. The 'herd' scene was tense and it played out well. I loved how the episode ended with a cliffhanger, and I hope every episode ends with a cliffhanger, to stay true to the comic book in spirit.

Mr. Hamrick

Thought you guys would be interested

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/amc-renews-walking-dead-season-3-249366

Walking Dead renewed for 3rd season.

Oh and to a few other questions.

Definitely 13 episodes.  If I hadn't signed an NDA on something I could give another spoiler about something that was mentioned by Ghost Machine.  I'm not officially involved with the show but I did do something for it in a very unofficially official capacity a few weeks ago.  I also have two friends who I have mentioned here (Chris and Miracole Burns) who I believe are still working on the show.  So... yeah. 

B A D

Ugh. I knew they would go that route.

Too much soap opera in my Zombie show.

Whats next? They insert a twin brother for shane once he's dead ?

captmorgan72

So what did you guys think of "Save the Last One"?
Spoiler
I absolutely loved it. I thought Shane made an incredible choice that will have an effect on him forever. I see tons of people on other forums, talking about how evil he is for doing what he did, but remember, he tried to sacrifice himself first. The mission was to get those medical supplies and deliver them, and he did exactly that. Somebody on another forum said this, and it had me laughing my butt off. "I think he did what he had to to survive and keep Carl alive.
But I hate him for his abs. I will never ever look like that and it makes me hate him". 

B A D

While I enjoyed Shane's actions in episode 3, in my opinion episode 4 was a humongous waste of TV time. NOTHING happened. At all. Was the budget cut so much that they can only have x amount of zombies per episode? And for Chrissake, FIND THE KID ALREADY. What a horrific subplot.

I'm one of the biggest fans of the comic going, but this show has gone waaaaaaaay downhill since the season opener.

pick. up. the . pace.

JeyNyce

The whole zombie in the well thing made me mad.  That was a waste of time.

captmorgan72

I fear that this show is moving towards a soap opera with the prego thng and less of the horrors of a zombie apocalypse.