News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

victory

Started by bearded, August 21, 2009, 01:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

i finally got the mod level working.  there is a main boss, and several minions.  if you beat all the minions, you get to level your guy up and another minion is added to the total and you get a different boss, ad infinity.  if you beat the main boss, you get to advance to the next level, where the boss is a monster (hulk level) and the number of minions is kept from the last level!

BentonGrey

Awesome Beraded!  Congrats!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

bearded

let me tell you what i've got working so far.
level 1:  you play as only one hero.  you beat a minion level guy, thug, doc oc, captain cold, and advance to the next stage, and you get exp to level up.  every stage you play adds another minion.  as many stages as you want to level up.  when you are ready, step into the giant hourglass.
level 2:  maintains the level of stages, and you get that many minions +1 boss level, like kang or cyborg superman.  if you avoid the boss and defeat all the minions, advance a stage.  if you beat the boss, go to next level.
level 3:  all the minions equaling the number of total stages + a rampaging monster, like hulk or bizarro.  same rules as level 2, but you have to keep the monster from destroying 3 buildings.  i wonder if there is a way to 'repair' buildings?  maybe spawn a repairman that you have to keep safe from the minions.
level 4:  (not finished yet)  all the minions equal the number of stages, but they are all heroes being mind controlled by a purple man or ringmaster.  all bad guys so far have arrows, red for minions and yellow for bosses.  the controller has no arrow, you have to seek him out.
level 5:  cosmic threat.  galactus or darksied level.  plus bosses, monsters, and controllers.  maybe even some heroes.

Epimethee

Sounds fun. :)

AFAIK, you can't repair buildings, but you could destroy them and respawn a new copy on the same spot and orientation.
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

bearded

Quote from: Epimethee on August 22, 2009, 01:32:14 PM
Sounds fun. :)

AFAIK, you can't repair buildings, but you could destroy them and respawn a new copy on the same spot and orientation.
that's pretty much what i meant.  the problem, i wonder if there would be a way to detect if a building is damaged?  if so, ai direct a 'repairman' to it, have him custom animate with a hammer over it a while, and then destroy and respawn.  lot of code work for something not very important.
have any ideas for levels following the main theme as presented above?

spydermann93

Maybe instead of svaing the buildings, evacuate civilians to a SHIELD transport or something like that.

bearded

hmm, not bad.  have civilians follow hero 1 when in close proximity.  keep civilians from being ko'ed.  when certain location reached civilians 'unloaded'.  mission win when a certain number are rescued.
anybody want to alpha test for me?

wickerman

This will detect building damage...

***Event_RegisterSink(event, function, objFilter, [strFilter, fltFilter,fUserData,fPersist])

event:      the event code we wish to receive notification for.
function:   name of script function to call.
objFilter:   if given, only tell us about events involving this source.
strFilter:   (optional) string filter.
fltFilter:   (optional) float filter.
fUserData:   (optional) user data.
fPersist:   (optional) if 1, the event is persistent (see below)

with:

EVENT_BLD_SEGMENT_COLLAPSED

objFilter:   level name of the building

This event is generated when a segment of a building collapses. It can be set again, and will be called when the next segment collapses in multi segment buildings.

or this

regDamage(object, fn, user = 0)
Call the fn when object is damaged (persistent). User data is optional.  Depends on whether you want your repairman when the building takes damage at all or when it starts to collapse.
The Wickerman - creator of the Metal Storm Mod -
[img]http://webzoom.freewebs.com/wickermanim/cw.jpg[/img]

spydermann93

Quote from: bearded on August 22, 2009, 03:31:08 PM
hmm, not bad.  have civilians follow hero 1 when in close proximity.  keep civilians from being ko'ed.  when certain location reached civilians 'unloaded'.  mission win when a certain number are rescued.
anybody want to alpha test for me?

By alpha test, do you mean to test the missions? If so, I will! :)