Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Ultimate DC needs you!

Started by murs47, September 01, 2009, 06:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

murs47

It's true, UDCU needs you!

But why you say? :huh:

It's simple. Its original creator(moi) no longer has the juice to redesign costumes and I need some assistance. I'm pretty much looking for anyone that would like to do some costume designing via any method. Micros, sketches, character designers(i.e. CoH character creator) etc. I'd still do the skinning for the sake of consistency.

I would appreciate any help at all. This is a project I've really been wanting to finish but I seem to always get up in work or other art projects which usually use up my creativity.

laughing paradox

What characters did you have in mind? I'd be interested in seeing what I can come up with.

docdelorean88

As would i. I only need to know what characters you have in mind and i will start some designs.
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

murs47

alrighty, cool. i'll shoot you two a PM later tonight :)

Podmark

Oooh I got an idea! For Atom do a guy who wears a full blue suit with red letters that say 'Atom' on his chest.

Yeah not even remotely serious about that. If I come up something I'll send it your way.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

murs47

Quote from: Podmark on September 02, 2009, 12:45:45 AM
Oooh I got an idea! For Atom do a guy who wears a full blue suit with red letters that say 'Atom' on his chest.

I think you're on to something Pod.

miguelyanke

Spoiler

And What about legion of superheroes?... if smallville has its own, why not udcu? (i'm trying to desing some costume, when i get them i'll send you ^.~

murs47

I actually don't have any plans for legion. I wanted to strongly mimic Millar's Ultimates so I put some basic guidelines down for myself:

1. no time travel
2. no magic
3. no mythological creatures

With that said, Legion doesn't really fit. But you know, you could design some other costumes if you wanted :D

Quote from: Mystik on September 02, 2009, 01:49:49 PM
have you seen cassanova's ult sketches?

Ya, I did. Unfortunately I don't have any immediate plans for any of those characters atm. Otherwise, I'd be all over those. ;)

miguelyanke

I've thought on changing a little bit (a lot) the history... All the powers taken by Justice Leage were taken by a genetic-altering drug injected by a tatoo in theirs skins; tis original group were yonkies with "fantastic ideas" tanken by someone from the streets and used as "rabbits" in the lab.

Now they are punks, dangerous and addicts; they don't wanna work with anybodies 'cause nobody understand them but they need money to survive so they usually works together in front or over the justice.

I still don't know if you like the idea, i thought like you (I'm a MArvel Ult fan) and i wanted to do it without extraterrestrial powers or something like these.

murs47

That's actually a pretty good idea and I can see it fitting right in. Reminds me a lot of DV8 which was a very cool series. Could just simplify their origins by making them Meta-Human Gene positive. Pretty much my direct rip-off of Marvel's mutant x-gene.:D tee-hee

I don't think the Justice League would have any affiliation with a group like Legion for the sake of their public image. But my universe does contain many shady corporations and organizations with deep pockets that could find uses for a super powered group of selfish "punks."

Right now I'm trying to finish my initial plans and get the web page set-up properly, but I definitely want to include your idea once I start expanding. We'll talk more. ;)

docdelorean88

alright. Your three rules kinda set me back, but i think i know where to start. I'll let you know when i have anything to present.
EDIT: Also, how would you feel about a Green Lantern (and which one) or is he in the JSA?

miguelyanke

Murs if you want to give me your messenger/skype i can show you the initial sketches i have done (Saturn girl and Lighting Mad). If not, in the moment i've scanned them i'll publish here.

I know the history shoud have a better drawback but... i don't feel confident talking in english, so i prefer you to complete the story.

murs47

Quote from: docdelorean88 on September 03, 2009, 01:51:12 AM
EDIT: Also, how would you feel about a Green Lantern (and which one) or is he in the JSA?

Green Lantern is something I'll be expanding upon further down the road.

Quote from: miguelyanke on September 03, 2009, 01:52:22 AM
Murs if you want to give me your messenger/skype i can show you the initial sketches i have done (Saturn girl and Lighting Mad).

Just click on the yellow smiley face below my avatar ;)

<-----------------------------------

Green Hornet

I have designed a couple Weather Wizard and Captain Cold  :rickbm

miguelyanke

Saturn girl

Cosmic Men

Lighting  Mad

The image have been sent by my friend right now and it's not retouched, what abouut it?

jtharris86

Hey, I like those designs Miguel especially that Lightning "Mad"

murs47

yep, those are indeed cool. saturn girl is my favorite.

hornet, i like that ultimate wizard. ultimate rogues has been something that's crossed my mind a few times too

miguelyanke

Quote from: jtharris86 on September 06, 2009, 09:51:48 PM
Hey, I like those designs Miguel especially that Lightning "Mad"
Thx, i really don't have any idea of doing tatoos, and i worked with a lot of desighns although right now i'd desinghn another circle form for Cosmic man, something like this:

But i finally let the decision into Murs47 hands ^_^ if i have something new i'd love to inform you ^_^

docdelorean88

I think i will try a few ultimate rogues, just to see what i can come up with.

Green Hornet

Here are a couple more Mirror Master and Heat Wave  :rickbm

herodad1

cool designs hornet.what would a solomon grundy look like?

docdelorean88

I've been working on Grundy, i wanted a really modern looking zombie type deal. I was also thinking about doing designs for Ultimate Watchmen, just for the heck of it.

miguelyanke

Ultimate Mongul Edition (He's a huge cosmetic company boss, with what he controls people that uses it (soft yellow tone in theirs skin; he first fought versus JL (taking the soft-yellowish skintone, but now he has a new finallity in his life, destroy 'em ^~^U)

Green Hornet

Here are a couple more Ultimate:Grundy, Captain Boomerang, Trickester  :rickbm

murs47

Green Hornet

Here is Hawkman and Terra Man  :rickbm

miguelyanke

Green Hornet

Here is Prof Zoom, Wild Cat and JSA Flash & Green Latern  :rickbm

docdelorean88

Is there still a version of the timm heromachine up? or is that one of your older designs?