Freedom Society SG Costume Contest

Started by Reepicheep, September 07, 2009, 07:23:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reepicheep

As mentioned in the big thread, the Freedom Society has been set up but - Oh No! We lack a costume!

Joining the SG unlocks a new costume slot. In order to enforce unity and lose all sense of personal identity, it would be pretty neat if we could use that slot for a SG uniform. So, who wants to design it? Syn and C6 have posted two example entries each in the big thread and hopefully will repost them here.

For guidelines, the logo at this point in time is the bird wings and the colors are blue and gold to match the FR logo, though I'm happy for that to change if the costume demands it.

Theres no reward for this, I'm afraid, since none of us are at all rich yet. Just be very proud that we all like your costume.

Unless people say otherwise, I personally don't think its essential to keep exactly to the costume suggested. After all, there should be leverage on hair, masks and capes in the very least. The actual design of the costume too should be adaptable - think of this design as more of a guideline. After all, what mainstream supergroup ever actually wore the exact same thing?

UnfluffyBunny

UnkoMan

One based on C6's and Syn's:

One loosely based on a uniform we came up with at Mesh Matters:

Core

i went with something pretty basic. it has a classic feel that i think is fitting for a group with society in the name. here is a sort of template:

here is how i applied it to one of my characters:
Spoiler
I'm a street-walking cheetah with a heart of napalm!

Reepicheep

I'm gonna keep this going until Friday some time, then post a weekend-long poll wih the entries. So get your ideas in before then!!

UnfluffyBunny

did an inverted version of an earlier design, and another playing with the white gloves + boots and the logo C6 had on the belt

[edit]
helps to include a pic >_>

[edit 2]
is it ust me or am I slowly moving towards starlord's costume @_@

BentonGrey

Man, some nice designs here.  Core, I really like yours.  It's very pulpish.  I like both of your efforts on the right, UB.  Unko, your second design is interesting.  It reminds me of something I can't quite place.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

UnkoMan

Whoa, I really like that second one, Syn.

Xenolith

The second one reminds me of the Guardians of the Galaxy comic...which is a good thing.  I'm not sure how my toon, Mister Green, will look wearing a BLUE uniform though.

Epimethee

Quote from: Xenolith on September 08, 2009, 05:10:20 PM
I'm not sure how my toon, Mister Green, will look wearing a BLUE uniform though.
Yellow to the rescue: http://lh6.ggpht.com/Hubscamera/SL-TeipQMGI/AAAAAAAAATk/-z_r0Vpq1y4/%5BUNSET%5D.png

;)

(For those not familiar with the printing process, green is usually reproduced by using blue (cyan) and yellow dots. Cf. also Seurat and Signac.)
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

detourne_me

Really hard to choose between all of these!!
Starlord FTW!
Rocketeer FTW2!

Well, I imagine it like this, The group is called Freedom Society, so would the SG Uniforms be more like training gear (think Jim Lee's X-men) or more like military/corps affiliation (Guardians of the galaxy, Nova Corps, lesser extant GL corps)?

Regardless I'm pretty excited about it (i'm just hoping my scheduling allows me to play with you guys...)

BentonGrey

Well, I thought I'd try my hand at this.  Here is an attempt at a uniform.  Of course, the symbols on chest and belt are pretty much an either-or kind of thing.

And here are some adaptations of the uniform to fit my two main characters:

Rogue

Air Ace
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Zapow

[img width=145 height=45]http://home.cogeco.ca/~gdaybloke/HB/hbanim.gif[/img]

"I hold to a simple philosophy: Just assume everyone's a piece of crap and then be pleasantly surprised if you find anyone who ain't." - Luke Cage

Reepicheep

oops - this was meant to be over two days ago. Boy am I organised!

Ok, this finishes in 11 hours, after I get back from my course.

Courtnall6

Here are my first 2 plus a bunch more :cool:

Spoiler
Clothes make the man and colourful tights make the Super-Hero.

Reepicheep

Okey, here be the place to chose your favourite design. I was going to poll them all but thanks to C6's wealth of designs that might be more trouble than its worth.

So rummage through the thread, pick a fave design, post the creator's name (And describe i, if there are more than one entry by this person) and lets see who's comes out trumps!

Now, there are no prizes for the winners for two reasons: one to give the creators less reason to vote for themselves and also because nobody in game actually has much money. Besides, its not about the winning. Its about giving the community extra choices.

If we come to a tie-breaker (Which, counting how many entries compared to members there are, is likely) then I will decide at random one of the winners.

BentonGrey

For purely selfish reasons (I.E., it would be easy to adapt my characters to) I am tempted to pick my own design, or C6's similar version, but aesthetically, I have to say UB's classic chevron design looks best to me.
God Bless

Carravaggio

My vote is for C6's last costume. Its not that heavy on the yellow, but its classic and strong.

Brutus

Hi guys you all wont know me but I am a friend of Carravaggios. For what its worth my choice would be UnfluffyBunnys 2nd Costume in his first post. I like it because its a mix of old school(Fantastic four) but has new elements at the same time. Im looking forward to running around in game with you all with us all wearing the same/similar costumes. Kind of unified feel.
See you in game and if anyone ever needs help in game please just message me :)

Brutus.

UnkoMan

I still like Syn's second costume on his second post. Yellow lines on blue, I guess I could describe it as?

I wonder if the votes will be too varied to pick a winner? If we'll have to narrow them down some?

Rick Battlemage

Quote from: UnkoMan on September 15, 2009, 06:47:04 AM
I still like Syn's second costume on his second post. Yellow lines on blue, I guess I could describe it as?

What he said.

Figure Fan

I'm pretty sure I like Zapow's the best..whoa.

P.S. How do I get the black "comic book" lines to show up in-game? My game doesn't do that..

BentonGrey

All you have to do is click the box in the video options section.
God Bless

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Reepicheep

Hard to make a decision with so few votes, so I've taken this to the THUNDERDOME!

UnfluffyBunny

we've had 18 votes (at my last count) and we only have 20 acknowledge players AND it's been a week so I think it should be time to announce the winner

Reepicheep

We have a winner! Since the scores were tied I had an external voter choose between the two.

Congratulations, UFB. Your costume was voted #1 with Zapow's a very close 2nd.

Thanks to all who participated. I'm sorry this took a week longer than I had hoped - been away all week and barely had a chance to mentally process whats going on here.

Now remember this is just an example costume and can be adapted to suit your character. The most important thing is the colour scheme.

Thanks, folks.

UnfluffyBunny

looks more like a tie to me... tho zaps was ahead when I posted

Carravaggio

Congrats UFB, now its time to go and 'Freedomise' my look.

UnkoMan

I wonder if we could get all the specifics for this costume easily laid out for everybody?