Characters, Characters, Characters!

Started by BentonGrey, September 07, 2009, 11:49:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alaric

Just in time for December...

Enter: The Walking Snowman!

Fear the "A"!!!

bat1987

Here`s the one I created using the demo, Batman inspired martial artist of course :cool:
http://champions-online.com/rate_my_champion/1928244

bat1987

After playing around with the free trial here are my chars

Black Dragon (my main) regular and armored suit

Lightning Bolt, gotta love the speedsters

And my brother`s character, Uriel

UnkoMan

Black Dragon's looking pretty cool there. I can dig it.

lugaru

The Vocalist

Powers: mostly force, he knocks people around with his voice, flies, has a forcefield.

Origin: a 1980's rocker who found a second life as a superhero when all interest in his band dried up.

Goo

Powers: Goo blast, super jump, body armor, martial arts.

Origin: you might remember him from Liberty Inc, one of the skin/hex'es I'm really proud of.

American Pride

Powers: telekinetic strenght, telekinetic forcefield, munitions (assault rifle)

Origin: Let go from the army due to Dont Ask, Dont Tell, he finds a second life after volunteering for an experiment and joining a private contractor.

BentonGrey

Hey, it's Goo!  Awesome Lu, we've definitely got to get some LB characters together. :D  I like the concept for the Vocalist, but his upper half could use....something else.  I know, I'm very helpful. :P
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Blkcasanova247

Great stuff man...I have to respectfully agree with my man BG about the Vocalist...maybe no shirt...maybe leather vest with body hair and longer boots. :P
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

BentonGrey

Quote from: Blkcasanova247 on January 26, 2010, 10:29:30 PM
Great stuff man...I have to respectfully agree with my man BG about the Vocalist...maybe no shirt...maybe leather vest with body hair and longer boots. :P

Ohh!  A leather vest, that could work.  I suggested leather jacket, but the vest might be even better.

I'm impressed that you actually managed to capture Goo.  I figured he'd be pretty hard to translate, but he was instantly recognizable.  I wish that more of us played this game.  I'd love to put together a Liberty Inc. super group.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

lugaru

I will play around with his Torso. He is a clone of a city of heroes character that I made who I also translated to Freedom Force at some point

I really want to do Jester from Liberty Bay but I could not find a good jester hat, apparently there was one as part of an event so hopefully an OG can recreate her. I might do Ironhyde next, another one of my skin/hexxes from liberty bay.

BentonGrey

Hmm, the short sleeve shirt might actually be better too.  I thought about doing Jester too, but just haven't got around to it.  Iron Hide I did try, but I had a hard time creating a metal-looking guy that was anything close.  Maybe you'll be able to figure it out better than I did.
God Bless

UnkoMan

Ack! You guys are makin' me want to do a Liberty Bay character!

BentonGrey

God Bless

lugaru

The Vocalist in his re-worked costume and in his Liberty INC outfit.

Gray Girl

Origin: Half Human, Half Alien, grown in a lab and hates everyone.

Powers: pretty mean psychic with all sorts of nightmare and rage inducing powers.

Rosario Thorn

Origin: a very sick girl recieves an experiment treatment that gives her regeneration by absorving plant matter. Years latter she is mostly plant, but still very human inside.

Powers: Half Swamp Thing, half She-Hulk. Thorns, Regneration, Vines, Control Animals.

UnkoMan

Well... I went and started a MicroCosm character. It'd be great except nobody's online when I am!
I'll post screenshots later, though. And lug, if you didn't do an Ironhide yet, I'll probably try a take on him.

Valandar

Ahah, I must show off my "Alt 8's" - all of them are 8th level, having done the crisis and little else. :D

Top row, left to right:

Bum Rush - a homeless tinkerer who stumbled across shoes that grant him super-speed. He's also quite handy with duct tape and a wrench!

Wight Knight - What happpens if a Helm of Opposite Alignment is slammed on the head of a Death Knight at the moment of his creation? Well, the Wight Knight, of course!

Das Ant - A mutant ant, born with the intellect of a human supergenius, decided to use his brilliance to make himself grow to colossal size, and take over the world! Too bad that, despite being thousands of times larger than a normal red ant, he's still only about 4' tall. Shrugging, he decided to be a superhero, instead.

Bottom row, left to right:

Brzzzt Ro'Burden - A prototype robot designed for a fantasy version of that robot cowboy thingy in Burning Sands, he had a programming glitch to cause him to believe he IS a Dark Elf - one that was NOT evil, but a lone champion for good and angst.

Capoeiria Caprybara - Even rodents of unusual size can master the martial arts if they try hard enough!

O'Shaughnessy - Just something thrown together for this week, but he's surprised me with how tough he is.
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

No, I am NOT accepting suggestions or requests at this time.

Xenolith

I love Bum Rush and his magic shoes.  I wish I would have thought of that.

bat1987

Wight Knight is awesome!!!!  :thumbup: Excellent job mate.

GhostMachine

I entered a costume contest on Boneyard that Wight Knight was also in, and Wight Knight got ROBBED!!!

Also, I need to update my characters in this thread sometime. I've changed Clint McBride's main costume some, for one thing, and haven't posted most of my characters.

Valandar

Heh, Das Ant is the one that won a costume contest, and in the proccess got enough XP from the wealth perks to level - looking for all the world like he levelled FOR winning the contest. And funniest bit is that, earlier that contest, someone said we should get XP for costume contests. :D
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

GhostMachine

I posted some of my characters a page or two back (and I've changed Clint McBride's costume a bit since then, but am not going to bother changing the pic; the main changes are that he has sunglasses instead of the Blaster eyepiece and has an Uzi on his left leg). Here are some of the others:

Some characters don't have origins or backstories yet, so I'm posting those that do first.

Blue Zombie - Darkness/Might/Single Blade w/ Invulnerability from Power Armor; travel power is Superspeed. Jason Carver fell into a vat of radioactive blueberry juice while watching an Akira Kurosawa film festival and emerged two hours later with superhuman powers. (He doesn't have to eat or breathe but is NOT actually undead) I was in a goofy mood when I came up with his origin, but decided to keep it.

Commander Arkinus - Ice/Electric with Toxic Nanites from Gadgeteering. Has Fire Flight recolored to look like an Ice aura because I don't like Ice Slide due to its lack of hovering on its own. Commander Arkinus is a military commander (On his world `Commander' rank is equivalent to a 1-star General on Earth) on his home planet Aquanus which is 96% water. He came to Earth in pursuit of a criminal who used a sonic weapon to destroy one of the planet's major cities.

The only other Gadgeteering powers I plan on giving him are Bionic Shielding and Orbital Cannon, with it being a beam fired from his spaceship in orbit. Was originally pure Ice, but I respecced and made him Ice/Electric because he needed more punch.

Boneyard - Supernatural/Both Psi powersets/Munitions (only Assault Rifle so far). Recently respecced him and changed his travel power from Earth Flight to Flight. Duncan McBain, aka Nash Sands, was the most successful hitman in Millenium City....until he was betrayed by the Purple Gang and shot in the back. However, for some reason, he didn't die. A voice spoke to him and made him realize he was on the wrong side of the law, and he revived neither alive or dead, becoming the anti-hero Boneyard. (Boneyard generally tries to take criminals prisoner, but shoots to kill when he's fighting the Purple Gang)

Doctor March - Might. Uses Jet Boots to fly. Dr. April March, one of the world's top surgeons, drank a glass of tea without realizing it contained a piece of a meteorite and gained superhuman powers. However, she decided against putting on a mask and doesn't particularly care if people knows she's a crimefighter.

Still to come: Frostforce, Nightarrow, Silverwolf and Thing That Should Not Be.

bat1987

Boneyard looks really, cool. Wish I took the halloween set when I had Cryptic points, u can do some nice stuff with it, but epic samurai is cool as well.

More toons :

Project Greenskin, the most succesfull clone of Grond in terms of strenght and ability  :D escaped from his Viper captors and swore revenge. Uses might powerset of course

My Brother`s character Ying Yang, the ultimate wizard in control of both light and darkness, uses celestial plus darkness

Justice, fomer US marine now government`s super soldier in war against crime, uses power armor

Xenolith

The concept of Project Greenskin is very cool.

Valandar

Had to do it - filled up my last slot with:

Hundred Acre Bear!

Without naming names... his oldest friend, a human, has been put into an insane asylum for believing in Hundred Acre Bear and his other woodland friends. Thus, the Umbling Ursine has decided to become a superhero to prove he exists, and to get his old friend out of the looney bin!

And, yes, if I DO end up playing him to 25 or so, his Oldest Friend will end up having snapped in said bin, and will become his Nemesis. And each time he gets a NEW Nemesis, it'll be said Oldest Friend with an upgrade. :P

UnkoMan

Alright, so, I made him a while ago and have been meaning to show him off.
MicroCosm.

I actually think it's an improvement to his original design.

bat1987

bat1987

Project Greenskin has been changed thanks to my bro who killed 5k irradiates to get the grondling head. Much better now

detourne_me

wow! great stuff!
dang should i switch back to CO?

Val,  Is there a horse head in the game? or is there a pig too?

Xenolith

Valandar

Quote from: detourne_me on March 19, 2010, 12:05:21 AM
wow! great stuff!
dang should i switch back to CO?

Val,  Is there a horse head in the game? or is there a pig too?

No to either one. I had to get... creative... to make the pig form of Barnyard Brawler.

BentonGrey

Quote from: UnkoMan on March 18, 2010, 11:33:44 PM
Alright, so, I made him a while ago and have been meaning to show him off.
MicroCosm.

I actually think it's an improvement to his original design.

I actually like the original design better, Unko, but then I have a real softspot for all of your old LB designs!  I think you should stick with the purple gauntlets with silver accents, rather than the gold.  Of course, the really difficult part is the fact that they don't have that big 'ol helmet design...which was just so awesomely recognizable.  Still, he looks pretty good, and it is totally awesome to see more LB characters in game!

Cool, Bat!  He's awesome looking.  Sorta' scary.... :D
God Bless