News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

HeroForce

Started by AfghanAnt, September 13, 2009, 03:02:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AfghanAnt

Thank you kindly.

Oh redownload Superman Returns if you've downloaded him. I saved the extras file incorrectly.

area34

I did some further investigating and I think it might be Rev's wonder woman fx that is needed to get the wondergirl fx texture files. The fx isn't in Rev's yahoo groups so any chance you or someone could host it or maybe send it to me?

AfghanAnt

Quote from: area34 on December 20, 2009, 07:04:33 PM
I did some further investigating and I think it might be Rev's wonder woman fx that is needed to get the wondergirl fx texture files. The fx isn't in Rev's yahoo groups so any chance you or someone could host it or maybe send it to me?

If you give me a few, I'll update the file.

ElijahSnowFan

Great stuff, and congratulations on the new job!

area34

No problem- and congrats and the job.

AfghanAnt

Podmark

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

detourne_me

"if you want it"?
way to sell yourself short AA.
these are spectacular!

AfghanAnt

Quote from: detourne_me on January 21, 2010, 02:45:20 PM
"if you want it"?
way to sell yourself short AA.
these are spectacular!

I was in a negative nancy mood. Hence the lack of previews or bothering to link the heroforce blog entry I did.

I am better today though. :)

AfghanAnt

Freedom Force Secret Origins Has Been Cancelled. Who didn't see that coming?

When I thought up this project I believe it would be the first mod I actually followed through with. I had community support and modding/plotting help. However due to my lack of interest in Freedom Force (and a refocus on my life and console gaming). The project is cancelled. I am however releasing the skins I've finished.

Notes:
Miss Amazing: Catie Price - A college student who was struck by energy X and granted superman-like powers.
Black Bird: Cassandra Calloway - A single mom who turned to crime to support her adopted daughter (see Swan), Cassandra's life was forever changed when she was struck by Energy X and given avian-powers.  
Iron Ox: Background would be the same - I was toying with implying that he was "pink" due to his choice of fetish gear as his costume. I also wanted to do the reverse of Wonder Woman's Paradise Island for him where his "island" would be men's leather bar. He would have been the comic relief.
Supercollider: Wielder of the Hadron Rod, Supercollider would have been revealed to be the son of Timemaster. I wanted to go Kirby Super-science Thor with him which is odd because Matt Fraction is doing the same thing...Unfinished skin
Macrowave: After the destruction of Microwave (yes, I would going to blow up Microwave), Macrowave was sent back in time to correct a time anomaly. She would join Freedom Force as MW's replacement but she would also be trying to identify and destroy anomaly - she was a double agent!
Swan: Misty Calloway - Abandoned at a young age, Misty was found by Cassandra and raised as her own. Swan-inspired costume and powers.
Sea Urchin: Same character but would be older and using Irrational's 70's design.
Bullet: Same as Sea Urchin.
Deja Tu: Two rogue clones of Deja Vu. Two great criminal minds attempting to pick up where Deja Vu left off.
Bacchus: God of Wine - would appear during Mardi Gras and intoxicate all the civilians into attacking your party. I also wanted to do parade floats that came to life and attack the party.
Cole Fox: Master thief and former lover of Black Bird. Not energy X powered but extremely clever and highly skilled.
Thom Tyson: Super-scientist obsessed with Energy X properties would later become an out of control Energy X powered giant.
Archaniss: College classmate and rival to Cate Price (Miss Amazing), Rine Larchmont was struck by Energy X at exactly the same time as Miss Amazing and seemingly granted spider-like powers. She would later realize she was able to feed off the Energy X from others and expand her abilities. Would develop seemingly magical powers.

Story:
The mod would have revealed that Miss Amazing was the time anomaly that Macrowave was looking for. Miss Amazing was created by Alchemiss' to ensure all the history that happened was still intact. So every event that happened in the original Freedom Force that Alchemiss was involved in Miss Amazing would be in her place. By granting Miss Amazing traditional superhuman powers instead of magical powers - Alchemiss assumed Entropy would never rise again. Unfortunately, Entropy also created a construct, Arachaniss (if you notice their real names are Alchemiss' real name split between the two). During the battle with Thom Tyson in his giant Energy X form, Archaniss would appear and leech all of the energy X he exposed himself too become a Entropy-like being (energy spider arms instead of wings). In the last battle, Entro-Archaniss would reveal that Miss Amazing and Archaniss were two parts of Alchemiss/Entropy's whole. In order to stop time from unraveling, they would need to merge and restore the real timeline. In the end, Alchemiss would be rebirth and be able to rejoin Freedom Force.  

That was the plan. Anywho - enjoy the skins. They are most likely my last.
16 new skins/old skins are now available on Heroforce: AfghanAnt @ HeroForce.

Podmark

That sounds like a great story AA, tis sad you weren't able to put it together.
Sad that these may be your last skins but at least your going out with some great work.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

spydermann93

Very nice Afghan! You always make really nice meshes and skins.

Downloading these now. :)

John Jr.

I'm sad to hear you are cancelling the project, AA. It was very fun to trade ideas with you and Benton and I really wanted to play it. I'm sad about the skins too, you always were one of my favorite artists (and I was really looking forward your  new Superboy and Marvel Boy skins).
Anyway, good luck with your new projects and I hope you will still be active in the forum, it will be good to have you around even without skins/skopes, etc. I like to read your posts in the comic book thread.

Epimethee

Well, too bad you are cancelling this mod and leaving the field, indeed, but thanks a lot for these and all your other great skins. Hope you stay around. :)
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

Tomato

If this is actually the end for you (and based on the number of times I've "quit" I retain some skepticism) let me just say it's been an honor. Regardless though, I wish you well on whatever endeavors you have, and I hope you don't leave the community entirely.

Outcast

The story and characters all sound very cool. I'm sure the mod would have been an absolute blast to play. Thank you for sharing all the work you've done for the game all these years. Should you ever feel the desire to make stuff again,  you know you can always come back to it. Best of luck to you in real life. :)

cryonic2099

*whistles* "it's the end of the world as we know it"

but I've got so much of your great work to soften the blow

be cool, AA

AfghanAnt

Thanks everyone! While I'm no longer going to create content - I'll still be yelling about random comic stuff in the Comic section. In fact, I uninstalled and deleted everything from my computer yesterday. So anything that isn't in my yahoo groups or on Heroforce is gone.

spydermann93

That's very unfortunate to hear. :(

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you are going to be doing :)

AfghanAnt

Quote from: spydermann93 on June 13, 2010, 03:39:51 PM
That's very unfortunate to hear. :(

I wish you the best of luck in whatever you are going to be doing :)

Thanks, I'll be playing Xbox 360 and the 20+ games I've bought and ignored over the last year and a half.

murs47

And when those 20+ games bore you, you'll come back. They always come back.

If not, I'll have to rock your face off when the new Halo comes out.

deano_ue

dude don't do this, i can't be the lone insane skinner still here, it doesn't work as a lone act

Previsionary

Quote from: AfghanAnt on June 13, 2010, 03:25:53 PM
Thanks everyone! While I'm no longer going to create content - I'll still be yelling about random comic stuff in the Comic section. In fact, I installed and deleted everything from my computer yesterday. So anything that isn't in my yahoo groups or on Heroforce is gone.

I think all the creators go through that phase. Just look at me, Gren, Vertex and Murs (every other week). I'm glad you're remaining around though, AA.

Speaking of Murs and me, you should consider being our third "talking head" the next time we do one of our public comic discussions (see: Roundhouse Chat on Secret Avengers. It's the only thing keeping me from doing another one other than time... and effort... and life... and etc.
Disappear when you least expe--

laughing paradox

Great stuff, AA. Your work will certainly be missed as it's one of the best produced, but I'm glad you're still be around for when you decide to start skinning again. ;)

WyldFyre

AA, I am really sorry to see you stop skinning.  You are truly one of the best. Good luck in whatever path your art/life takes. Your works will be missed.
For Freedom!

AfghanAnt

Thanks everyone!

@TUE Whatever there is plenty of crazy left around here.

@Prev I thought that too but I just kept getting less and less interested with having all that stuff on my harddrive. I'd love to be the third talking head!

BentonGrey

I really hope to see you return to this project one day, my friend.  It was a great idea, and it has fantastic potential.  Still, like Prev. said, everybody gets tired eventually, but it does say quite a bit that we also often come back.  Either way, you're a bum, get lost....er....I mean, I'm glad you're staying around. :P 
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

hoss20

I just wanted to say, "Thank you," for all of your wonderful work. You have definitely enriched my mesh/skin collection. I can certainly understand your reasons for taking leave, it's just sad to see such a quality creator go. I wish you well in your future endeavors and hope to see you around now and then.

Tomato

I'm glad to hear you're sticking around, at least. At least we still have the opportunity to suck you back into insan... er... skinning at some point in the future.  :P

Regardless of that however, I should have a surprise for you at some point over the next few months... I had some extra spending money (free housing and food will do that  ^_^) and I went ahead and ordered something you might get a kick out of.

nrozich

unkoman's sharon carter shows an error when you try to download it.

AA good luck on your future pursuits.