News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Graphics Settings?

Started by Figure Fan, September 13, 2009, 11:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Figure Fan

I'm just wondering how everyone else is running their game. I have mine pretty low, but I've been seeing some pretty high quality screen shots. I think I might need to do a processor and video card upgrade soon :-/

Also, does anyone have any suggestions for making this game run better with:

Intel Pentium Duo Core E2180 2.0 GHz processor
NVIDIA GeForce 7100 graphics card

Tortuga

The graphics card is a definite bottleneck there.  I have a GeForce 8500GT and it's still not enough to get the game looking decent.  I've held off on upgrading though because I'd also need a power supply upgrade at the same time.  Maybe when SW: Old Republic MMO comes out I'll look into it.

Figure Fan

Well, it looks like I'll be able to upgrade to an NVIDIA GeForce 9600 graphics card for only $50, which is quite a bit higher than the recommended graphics card specs. Now I just need a processor that isn't totally terrible..

captainspud

I've got everything cranked up pretty high on a not-really-that-new-anymore computer.

Dual 3GHz AMD CPU
Radeon X1600
8gb of RAM (I do graphics stuff)

Resolution's 1680xsomething, all the drop-down settings to maximum, and the slider settings to at least 80%.
I do not hold grudges against those who argue with me. If you disagree with me, it can only be because I have not made the correct understanding clear to you. Thus, your ignorance is my fault, not yours.

Let us work together to correct it.

Randomsense

I'm currently running on a GeForce 9600 GT (C2D 2.4GB, 4GB RAM). Runs pretty well.
Your proc is a little lower than mine with less cache and I'm guessing I've got more RAM.

Haven't tried it recently on my work system which is better but with a lower end video card to compare. Though I'm guessing the video card upgrade will make a difference for you.
Vector (Gravity/Kinetics) - Freedom
Howitzer Howard (Blaster) - AFBL: Skyway City Towers
Althea Haven (Illusion/Force Field) - Freedom (The New Assembly)