DC Animated: Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths

Started by Midnite, September 15, 2009, 04:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeyNyce

I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Silver Shocker

Sounds like it could be cool. Can't wait to find out who's doing the voices.  Hate the way J'onn J'onnz looks though - they chose THAT costume, and I don't like his face.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Trelau

I think I just had a nerd-gasm  ^_^
the arts looks pretty good, except the face of some characters looks a little...different from what i'm used to

Mystik

if they throw aquaman on that lineup, I'll be real happy (big 7)

JeyNyce

Quote from: Mystik on September 15, 2009, 07:24:56 PM

Was Aquaman ever part of the crime syndicate?
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

kkhohoho

Quote from: JeyNyce on September 16, 2009, 12:11:29 AM

Not in the comic's versions of this story, that I know for sure. Who knows what they'll change in this adaption though. Doesn't mean this won't be, as others here seem to be saying, awesome. :D
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

docdelorean88

Nerdgasm is an understatement. Owlman looks super evil and AWESOME! I hope voice cast is good though. It usually is, but after the cast of JLU everyone seems second rate!
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

stumpy

This could be pretty cool. I already chomping at the bit for Public Enemies to arrive, but it's great to hear there is more already heading our way.

It looks like they have some new voice talent lined up for this one. I must admit I was amused to see (from the press release)
Quote[...] James Woods (Shark, Family Guy) as Owlman, [...]
Although my usual expectation is that Owlman should sound kind of like Batman, I actually think James Woods could do a very good Owlman. But, the choice of credits for him was odd. James Woods must have like a hundred roles to his name - some of them pretty memorable (The Virgin Suicides, Contact, Citizen Cohn, etc.) - but the PR lists him for... Family Guy. Family Guy?? :blink: I'm sure it was chosen as an example of voice work, but still... 

Just kidding. Mostly.  :unsure:
Courage is knowing it might hurt, and doing it anyway. Stupidity is the same. And that's why life is hard. - Jeremy Goldberg

Silver Shocker

I don't think it's odd they'd mention Family Guy. It's animated, it's aimed at the young adults crowd, it likely got the same fans this would have. Plus James Woods' appearances on Family Guy are relatively recent, so the newer generation will know him from that (just like the people who only know Adam West from the same show)

I actually don't like Owlman's design. The eyes on the mask look kinda dopey.
"Now you know what you're worth? Then go out and get what you're worth, but you gotta be willing to take the hits. And not pointing fingers, saying you're not where you want to be because of him, or her, or anybody. Cowards do that, and THAT AIN'T YOU. YOU'RE BETTER THAN THAT!"
~Rocky Balboa

Podmark

Quiet Benton will hear you! :P

This could be cool. I'm a little disappointed that the usual suspects aren't playing Supes, Bats, Luthor etc. But I suppose I should give new guys a try.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

herodad1

Glitch Girl

Looks cool.  I haven't read the graphic novel beyond a few scenes that got posted online, but I hear it's good.  They seem to be going with new looks to separate the continuity of the JLU series from this, and to connect it to the more current movies. 

If Andrea Romono is voice director, I have NO worries about voice casting.  That woman has a golden ear. 
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Midnite

Quote from: JeyNyce on September 16, 2009, 12:11:29 AM

The counter part of Aquaman was never part of the CSA.

Mystik

but aquaman himself has been involved some of the csa stories, I could care less about barracuda (csa counterpart).

Martian manhunter's counterpart got very little panel time but he's in it so hopefully we'll get aquaman also

BentonGrey

Ha, yeah, I would really like that too....a classic, animated Aquaman kicking butt on the screen?  That would make my freakin' year. 

Anyway, this looks pretty awesome.  There is such great potential in these stories that it shouldn't be hard for it to be all kinds of great.  I am, of course, bummed that Kevin Conroy isn't playing Batman.  Anyone else is simply NOT going to be as good, since he IS Batman.  Why screw with perfection?  Still, that doesn't take too much away from it.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Midnite

Apparently its not based from JLA: Earth 2

QuoteYes. We took the element of a "good" Luthor from "Crisis on Earth Three" and just ran from there.
~Dwayne Mcduffie

kkhohoho

Quote from: Midnite on September 18, 2009, 08:49:59 PM
Apparently its not based from JLA: Earth 2

QuoteYes. We took the element of a "good" Luthor from "Crisis on Earth Three" and just ran from there.
~Dwayne Mcduffie

Then explain Owlman. ;)
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

catwhowalksbyhimself

That quote just means the overall story does not necessarily come straight from JLA: Earth 2.  I'm sure the general concepts are intact.  We see some different alternate version of minor characters, though, which is fine by me.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Mystik

"September 18, 2009 by James Harvey

A new featurette looking at the upcoming Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths direct-to-video animated feature confirms production details and plot information.

According to the "A First Look at Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths" featurette, featured the upcoming Superman/Batman: Public Enemies direct-to-video animated feature home video release, the upcoming Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths animated feature has origins spinning out of the classic Justice League Unlimited animated series.

During the "A First Look at Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths" featurette, Gregory Noveck, SVP Creative Affairs for DC Comics, discusses the production history of the upcoming Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths direct-to-video animated feature, including how the story for the upcoming feature came to be.

"We had a script from Dwayne McDuffie called 'World's Collide' that was originally intended to be the next chapter in the Justice League Unlimited television series," says Noveck in the featurette, "but that series was canceled and wasn't going to come back."

Continuing in the "A First Look at Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths" featurette, Noveck reveals that he went to writer Dwayne McDuffie, of Justice League and Justice League Unlimited, and asked him to adapt the script to be part of the DC Universe Animated Original Movie line.

"Dwayne had written this terrific script, so we went to Dwayne and said 'Hey, want to look at your old script and see if you want to just morph it a little more so it's closer to just really addressing the DC continuity and not addressing the Justice League Unlimited continuity?'" says Noveck, "and he said 'Yes' and we ended up with this terrific script."

More production details for the upcoming Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths direct-to-video animated feature are revealed on the "A First Look at Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths" featurette, available on both the Blu-ray and Two-Disc Special Edition DVD release of Superman/Batman: Public Enemies, hitting shelves on September 29th, 2009. Stay tuned for a full review and further coverage of Superman/Batman: Public Enemies here at The World's Finest.

Commenting in the official forum for The World's Finest, located here, Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths executive producer Bruce Timm states that despite what Noveck says in the "A First Look at Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths" featurette, it was actually his idea to adapt the Justice League Unlimited 'Worlds Collide' script for the upcoming direct-to-video animated feature. Timm says he saw it as opportunity to get the 'Worlds Collide' story produced and on screens.

A co-production of Warner Premiere, DC Comics and Warner Bros. Animation, the direct-to-video Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths animated feature is scheduled to premiere on DVD and Blu-ray in Spring 2010. Click here for initial plot and casting details."

worldsfinestonline.com

Midnite

First Look

Love all the VAs expect Baldwin.  :thumbdown:
James Woods is going to steal the show. The animation looks really good.

murs47

BentonGrey

This does look really awesome.  The animation looks especially nice.  More the pity that JLU didn't look like this!  However, it REALLY annoys me that they've got all of the Big Seven....except Aquaman.  I mean, COME ON!  If they were just leaving out he and MM because they weren't in the story they were basing it on, or because the CSA doesn't have analogs for them, that'd be one thing, but they are including the Martian.....
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Midnite

Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths - Fight Clip 1:02

Some bad news for you Benton, its been confirmed Aquaman isn't in the movie. There's a review up at AICN.

BentonGrey

God Bless

BWPS

Yeah that is weird...oh! You know what? I bet it's because he can't breathe outside of water for more than an hour. Yeah, that's probably it.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.