Marvel's Agent Carter(The Series)

Started by Shogunn2517, May 13, 2014, 08:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shogunn2517

All thanks to Crimsonquill for the break and notification in the MAOS thread.  I thought since it is it's own show, it deserved it's own thread.

Anyway, link to MARVEL'S official release and MTV's article with some additional information:

Quote from: MTV.comHere's Your First Look At Marvel's 'Agent Carter'
How about that dance?
by josh wigler  05/12/14

In "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," former special agent Peggy Carter had seen better days. The superhero sequel saw her in her twilight years, her physical health declining, her memories fading. It was a brutal moment for Steve Rogers and for "Captain America" fans alike, a realization that that long-awaited dance simply wasn't meant to be.

Luckily for Peggy and her loyal fans, she has a different dance to look forward to: "Agent Carter," the upcoming series hitting ABC in the 2014-2015 TV season. Rumored to function as "a bridge show" during next year's "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." hiatus, "Agent Carter" sees Hayley Atwell returning to the role of the hard-nosed, hard-fighting SSR spy who goes on to co-found the Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement and Logistics Division.

In announcing the series, Marvel released the following information about what to expect from the show:

"Marvel's Agent Carter," starring Captain America's Hayley Atwell follows the story of Peggy Carter. It's 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life–Steve Rogers. Inspired by the feature films "Captain America: The First Avenger" and "Captain America: The Winter Soldier," along with the short "Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter."

Marvel also released the following teaser art:

Beyond that, nothing official is known about "Agent Carter." Based on the premise, it feels safe to assume that Dominic Cooper's Howard Stark will have one or two appearances on the show, as a conservative estimate. And perhaps the show opens the door for some of the Howling Commandos, like Neal McDonough's Dum Dum Dugan, to step into the fray as well.

But for now, we know nothing for sure, except that Peggy is about to make a comeback, and she's about to do it on a weekly basis. Nothing wrong with that.

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/5/10/22496/first_details_on_marvels_agent_carter

---------------------------------------------------------------------

At a first view, the series, which they want as a mid-season bridge on MARVEL'S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D.  While it was also leaked that the writers want the series to be approximately 13 episodes or less and focused on a single case, they may look at additional years.  Naturally (with Dominic Cooper's signing on as well) Howard Stark will make an appearance or two(or more).  With Trophy Wife not making the cut, Bradley Whitford could also be available to reprise his role from the One-shot.  As CQ suggested in the other thread, Neal McDonough(also in the One-Shot), Derek Luke and Toby Jones may also be reprising their roles from the Cinematic Universe.  Personally, I'd love to see J.J. Field given a bit of an arch and the show flesh-out Union Jack as well.
http://collider.com/agent-carter-tv-series-christopher-markus-stephen-mcfeely/

Podmark

It was confirmed today that Agents of Shield will be moving to 9pm and will be taking an extended winter break. During this time Agent Carter will take over it's time slot. Not a bad way to play it.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Glitch Girl

[bounces eagerly]  CAN NOT WAIT!

Loved her character, love the era.  Really looking forward to this one.
-Glitch Girl

"Cynicism is not maturity, do not mistake the one for the other. If you truly cannot accept a story where someone does the right thing because it's the right thing to do, that says far more about who you are than these characters." - Greg Rucka

Shogunn2517

Quote from: Glitch Girl on May 14, 2014, 03:12:31 PM
[bounces eagerly]  CAN NOT WAIT!

Loved her character, love the era.  Really looking forward to this one.

It'd odd to say that I'm HAPPY for a particular actress, but I gotta say I am happy for Haley Atwell.  I enjoyed her in Captain America.  Her One-Shot was extremely entertaining.  She's looks like an authentic fit for that era and it seemed like that character was honestly bigger than just one movie.  It's kind of why I feel she was shoe-horned in CA:TWS and also AOA.  Because she performed so well, they didn't just want to use her for that one movie, and I'm glad.

Shogunn2517

Interview with Hayley Atwell about returning to the character and what we could expect:

http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/5/16/22533/hayley_atwell_discusses_her_return_in_marvels_agent_carter?linkId=8281966

XStream

Can't wait for this. This was the best news. Now, I need to get caught up on SHIELD, any word on the Bluray pack? I can't decide if I can wait for the Netflix release....
I am not, nor have I ever been a Rude Naked Hero!

Starman

I really liked the actress in the first Captain America ... she looked great, her character was gutsy, and they downplayed the love interest thing nicely.

Plus, that era has always been a pretty cool one for the Marvel Universe, with the Invaders, the original Human Torch, etc.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Starman on May 22, 2014, 10:35:54 AM
I really liked the actress in the first Captain America ... she looked great, her character was gutsy, and they downplayed the love interest thing nicely.

Plus, that era has always been a pretty cool one for the Marvel Universe, with the Invaders, the original Human Torch, etc.

I've always loved the WWII era characters, both, Marvel's Invaders/Liberty Legion, and DC's Justice Society/All Star Squadron. Definitely some of my favorites growing up, and I still have a soft spot for them.

"Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter" - Just out of curiosity, is this online anywhere? Is there anywhere I can watch it?

crimsonquill

Quote from: Cyber Burn on May 26, 2014, 05:16:57 PM
"Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter" - Just out of curiosity, is this online anywhere? Is there anywhere I can watch it?

Here ya go, Cyber: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1b8lwz_ซ-บไทย-marvel-one-shot-agent-carter_shortfilms
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Cyber Burn

Oh Man, that was friggin' cool! Thanks for the link CQ!

Shogunn2517

Did anyone else see the preview they showed during MNF?

Cyber Burn

I haven't gotten to watch this yet, I'm hoping for this weekend though. Has anyone else watched it? Thoughts?

catwhowalksbyhimself

I did.  It's a fun spy/mystery show.  It has little to nothing to do with superheroes, but if you can get over that, it's plenty of fun.  I like the addition of the original flesh and blood Jarvis as Carter's sidekick.  Makes for plenty of fun moments.

It's definitely a mini-series, not a proper series, but which I mean it's one long serial story, not several separate episodes.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

JeyNyce

It's not a bad show, I've really enjoyed it.  From the way it started, I'm guessing that this takes BEFORE the one shot.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

catwhowalksbyhimself

Yeah, one of the producers said the one-shot is basically the end of the series, or what comes shortly after it anyway.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

Cyber Burn

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on January 10, 2015, 06:12:44 AM
I did.  It's a fun spy/mystery show.  It has little to nothing to do with superheroes, but if you can get over that, it's plenty of fun.  I like the addition of the original flesh and blood Jarvis as Carter's sidekick.  Makes for plenty of fun moments.

It's definitely a mini-series, not a proper series, but which I mean it's one long serial story, not several separate episodes.

Thank you Cat, I'm really looking forward to being able to sit down and watch it.

MJB

Such a fun show! Highly recommended.

Podmark

I watched the première, and I can't say it was a bad show but I didn't really get into it. Might skip the rest for now.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Shogunn2517

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/the-mission-agent-carter-diversity-in-superhero-tv-and-a-colorful-history

On the heels of Agent Carter's renewal for a 2nd season, this would be an interesting way to not only make a show more diverse, but also introduce a character very intrinsic to the integrity of the show and the origins of the character.  Though they may have to finagle the story from Captain America: The First Avenger, but I think it's worth it.

JeyNyce

I'm glad that they are bringing it back, but this throws out that Marvel one shot.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

crimsonquill

Quote from: JeyNyce on May 12, 2015, 06:37:10 PM
I'm glad that they are bringing it back, but this throws out that Marvel one shot.

I'm pretty sure that the first episode of season 2 will be a different version of the One Shot where Tony calls upon Carter to help him establish SHIELD in California (plus it's far cheaper to film the late '40s and early '50s outside of a city that you need to CGI just to make it look from that time period).

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

kkhohoho

So I was talking with some people about how Marvel would choose to handle the Secret Empire storyline from early 70's Captain America, if they ever chose to adapt. The one thing we agreed on was that Agent Carter would be the best place to do it, as you could set it closer to where the original storyline happened, which is important due to, well, let's just say the head of the titular Empire was rather... infamous, to say the least. (He was Richard Nixon; Watergate had just happened, so some people still had rather strong feelings about the issue, to put it lightly.) Anyway, since Carter doesn't quite take place in the 70's or even the late 60's, we were wondering who they'd use as the Secret Empire's head instead. Well...

QuotePEGGY CARTER: GOOD LORD! YOU!! But you— you're—

HARRY S. TRUMAN: Exactly! But high political office didn't satisfy me! My power was too constrained by legalities! I gambled on a coup to gain the power I craved — and it appears that my gamble has finally failed! I'll cash my chips then!

CARTER: No, wait—!

{HARRY S. TRUMAN promptly shoots himself in the noggin, accompanied by a loud 'KRAK! '.}

CARTER: Don't...

Also, someone suggested that this must mean Truman poisoned FDR get the Presidential seat. Just putting that out there.
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203