News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Halo ODST

Started by murs47, September 25, 2009, 04:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

murs47

I got this today and Bungie had the brilliant idea of not putting Firefight in matchmaking.  *enters sad panda mode*

Anyways, if anyone else has it and wants to do some firefight, send me a request: Ark047 (the '0' is a zero)

TheMarvell

curious if you thought this was worth $60. From what I've read, it sounds like a well made title, but not worth the full price tag. I love all things Halo, but I can't justify spending $60 for a 5 hour campaign, a new mode (of which we've already seen in other games) and a bunch of maps, especially since I don't really have much desire to play multiplayer online. I just don't get how they can charge the same price for this as Fallout 3 Game of the Year edition, which is due out in just a few weeks. ODST sounds like a great $30, $40 tops title.

murs47

Worth $60 bucks? No. Especially not for someone who only wants to play the campaign. My real problem with it is that it's new multiplayer mode isn't put in matchmaking. That really hurts it most. I can't justify the price tag because of that. It is incredibly fun from the few matches I was able to play in. But having to scrum together matches through message boards is annoying.

While short, the campaign is the best of the bunch so far. The voice acting is superb. I believe Bungie brought in the entire Firefly cast for it. Never seen it myself, but quite a few members here praise the show.

Quote..a new mode (of which we've already seen in other games)...
True, but IMO, Bungie has improved on that idea substantially. But, if it doesn't interest you than it's not worth the price tag. I'd say rent it or get it used for half the price or something.