News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Laaaaaaaaaaaame.

Started by captainspud, September 27, 2009, 10:07:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

captainspud

I'm 30.85 and out of missions.

This has instantly and utterly sapped my desire to continue playing, even with my lower dudes.

;_;
I do not hold grudges against those who argue with me. If you disagree with me, it can only be because I have not made the correct understanding clear to you. Thus, your ignorance is my fault, not yours.

Let us work together to correct it.

Alaric

According to various things I've read from the forums and official site, they're hard at work on new content to close any existing holes.

As much fun as I'm having with this game, I think it's pretty obvious that it wasn't actually ready for release when it was released. It could have definitely used at least a couple more months, maybe more... And, judging from this, I'm not the only one who thinks so;

Quote from: lead designer Randy MosiondzBy the time Champions Online launched we made some considerable revisions to the game based on beta feedback. We couldn't get in every change every player wanted (or every change we wanted for that matter), as that would have required MUCH more development time than our schedule and budget allowed. Personally I would have loved a much broader development window, but I think what we built is still an awful lot of fun - especially for two year's work!
Fear the "A"!!!

Xenolith

The exp "fix" right before launch was a real head scratcher for me.  By the time I was done with my level 21 missions I was level 22, and by the time I was done with my level 22 missions I was level 23.  Then the devs realized that people were advancing too quickly and they slowed everything down, but didn't add more missions.  I'm really frustrated with that.

Reepicheep

I'm struggling to find missions now. I've just done the monster island crisis and am only lvl 27. I don't really wish to start over there until I hit 28 and have no other choice. I have Teleios Tower and Search and Destroyer in my mission tray - and its a gamble as to whether or not I can reach 28 with just those two... I doubt it.

I feel as though I've missed some content earlier on. I've always been fighting mission that are two or three above my level and seem to be a level or two less than the people around me. Kinda tough.

Valandar

Just remember... they don't have five or six years of content like CoX had...
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

No, I am NOT accepting suggestions or requests at this time.

GhostMachine

The game definitely was launched too early - I think the fact they do maintenance way too often (seriously; there's no reason whatsoever any game should need maintenance 4-6 days a week) and that the bug that made maintained damage by enemies do outrageous damage which was known to exist on Test actually made it through to the live server and took almost a day to fix shows that Cryptic launched too early. They obviously need more people to deal with problems caught on Test - or to replace whoever is charge of that, since they're not doing their job. That bug making it to live - when it had been known about for at least 4 days according to some reports - was unexcusable.

And my lvl 19 hero has missions that are either a level or two higher, several levels lower, or require a team to do, which I'm not too thrilled about. (I can generally handle a missions that's one level higher if there's no super villain in it, but two levels higher is usually a problem)

BentonGrey

I'm moving slowly enough that the content gap hasn't really affected me too much, but having to go from Canada to the desert and do low level quests is a little silly.  What is really bothering me is the instability of the game.  I have had three hard freezes in two days.  That's just completely ridiculous.  I could understand if the game crashed in a civilized manner, but why does it have to take my whole system with it! :angry:

Also, Ulysses is have a hard time with the taser arrow nerf.  He's basically got three powers now instead of four. :P

The new content (other than Blood Moon) is due it in late October, right?  If so, then it should be in place before I even get to it, so I'm alright with that.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

UnfluffyBunny

well i'm half a bar from 30 and I still have loads of missions @_@ havent started monster island yet either

GhostMachine

Forgot to mention:

Spud, you could always stand around in MC and hope some NPC offers you some timed door missions.

I've been playing CO a lot despite it being a holiday in World of Warcraft (Brewfest; ends Oct 3) and wanting to get my DK to lvl 80 by the start of Hallow's End so he can get the Headless Horseman's helmet (ain't gonna happen; he's lvl 74 and I don't feel like doing some epic grinding). I just wish Cryptic gave us more character slots....

Reepicheep

Those door missions are worth squat at higher levels, sadly. :( 3k experience or so, when you can do justiciar's repeatable mish for 11k.

Alaric

Quote from: BentonGrey on September 28, 2009, 03:47:07 PM
The new content (other than Blood Moon) is due it in late October, right?  If so, then it should be in place before I even get to it, so I'm alright with that.

Actually, I think they intend to release some new content before then.
Fear the "A"!!!

BentonGrey

Quote from: Alaric on September 28, 2009, 04:27:00 PM
Quote from: BentonGrey on September 28, 2009, 03:47:07 PM

Actually, I think they intend to release some new content before then.

Very cool.  Whatever their sins in releasing this game in the state they did, I have to give this team credit for working hard to improve and expand it.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

detourne_me

umm what's blood moon?
I just got a tell from someone asking me to join, i thought it was a super group so i said no thanks...

Alaric

Quote from: detourne_me on September 28, 2009, 04:39:31 PM
umm what's blood moon?
I just got a tell from someone asking me to join, i thought it was a super group so i said no thanks...

Blood Moon is this.

It's not live yet, so I have no idea what the tell you received was about.
Fear the "A"!!!

BentonGrey

It's a Halloween type event!

http://www.champions-online.com/promo/bloodmoon/bloodmoon.html

:EDIT: Ninjaed!  I'm actually pretty excited about this event.  The zombie-fication bit is one of the neatest ideas I've heard about.
God Bless

UnkoMan

Yeah, I am pretty darn excited about this. One of the reasons I've been playing The Corpse more than my other characters.

Does anybody have any idea what level content will be and whatnot? I assume a wide range, since it seems ever area is pretty big on the level scope.

BentonGrey

Ha, yeah, I've got the same question.  I'd like to see The Rogue get up to the higher levels in time for this event...but I doubt it is going to happen. :P
God Bless

Alaric

I think it's supposed to take place across all the non-crisis zones except for Lemuria, and to be available to all characters in the level ranges for such zones. At least, that's what I remember one of the devs posting at some point.
Fear the "A"!!!

BentonGrey

God Bless

detourne_me

Sweet! It's like we get to live out our own blackest night or marvel zombies... I have a feeling Lord Congo might fall to the dark side!

captainspud

My time runs out today. I'm going to take a few months off to let Cryptic fill in some of the gaps... I'll probably be back in the new year.

*waves*
I do not hold grudges against those who argue with me. If you disagree with me, it can only be because I have not made the correct understanding clear to you. Thus, your ignorance is my fault, not yours.

Xenolith

Bwah-ha-ha!  Now Mister Green will be the mightiest super-hero in the Freedom Society!  Now we all must wear green pants and suit jackets! 

You know they added Monster Island missions, right?

captainspud

Yep, and those extra missions got me one extra level. This dropped me high enough to do the Lemuria Crisis, which I failed three times because it's glitched. So, my only remaining mission is a glitched Crisis.

Yay?

UnfluffyBunny

Quote from: Xenolith on October 04, 2009, 04:09:44 AM
Bwah-ha-ha!  Now Mister Green will be the mightiest super-hero in the Freedom Society!  Now we all must wear green pants and suit jackets! 

you gotto get past Kth'Lar first boyo ;)
(not that i've had much chance to play him this week)

Tortuga

Can't people gain xp by teaming up and doing each other's missions?  Or is that not how it works in CO?

captainspud

CO isn't based on instances like CoH is. Missions take place on the open world... go kill X of this dude, go click Y glowies in a certain spot, collect Z drops from people in another spot, kill a boss who spawns in the open, etc. There are some instances, and you can go on your teammates' versions of them, but there's very little XP in doing so, as 90% of the XP gains in CO are for turning in your missions (and you can't turn in someone else's mission). The actual kills on the mission are chump change (and intentionally so, as the devs wanted to avoid grind gameplay).

So while I can help other people, it won't really help me much with gaining XP. :(

UnfluffyBunny

they're putting in an assist system, which in short gives you assist points and xp every time you help someone you're in a team with comlete a mission you dont have.

BentonGrey

Quote from: UnfluffyBunny on October 04, 2009, 06:42:46 PM
they're putting in an assist system, which in short gives you assist points and xp every time you help someone you're in a team with comlete a mission you dont have.

Which is a very necessary idea.  I like it.
God Bless

Xenolith

That is a good idea. 

Mister Green is nearly level 30 but it appears that I have plenty to do for a while.  Who knows about level 31 + though.

UnfluffyBunny

i'm about to ding 31 and I still have loads on monster island, plus some 5 man missions in canada, so by the time I get those done i'll have access to lemuria