News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

rumble partner: mod kitbashing?

Started by bearded, October 04, 2009, 11:23:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bearded

anyone willing to help out.  i need someone, or several team players, to gather meshes and skins, use ffedit to set up the characters and fx.
i have an advanced rumble mod that i will never finish without help.  the python is 90 percent done, for the mission levels.  it's the character creation process that's draining me.
the volunteer(s) would have a say in the setting, a large say.  it could be set up for mainstream heroes, fighting game characters would really work, say, mortal kombat vs street fighter vs soul calibur vs etc.
or it could be set up with the forum avatars and original characters like unkoman's.  i tried to do this, but got way overwhelmed.
i'd be willing to try and set it up for  :ffvstr: with a good coder, although it is set up for  :ff: .

electro

To bad it's not for  :ffvstr:  - It sounds cool :blink:

bearded

it occurred to me, i could feasibly take an existing mod and replace the python coded missions with my own.  using the characters, fx, powers, voices, etc, already in place.  the end user would simply copy their copy of the mod and replace the missions with my own.
are there any modmakers that wouldn't mind me doing this?  dr mike's strangers would be fun for me, as i've meshed several of his characters with my vision of what they might look like.  but it would work with any existing mod as an add on, shadoesword's great hunt comes to mind.
or maybe i could make a version using only the ff characters.

rmt

If you need a  :ff: mod to try that with, you'll be getting one soon with 1739 characters, mostly Marvel and DC but also some Tower, AC, Dynamite, Public Domain, Forum, etc.

I just finished the AI and will begin playtesting tomorrow or more likely next weekend as I have Falcons tickets.  But in theory everything is done except those Patrol levels I wanted, other than the millions of bugs the play testing will reveal.   :P

Remind me when I return to E2 at Thanksgiving and I'll mail you a copy.  Right now it takes the form of a basic engine with 35 mods of about 8 levels each, so you really would just need the datafiles from the basic mod and then you could go to town, right?