News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Syn's other stuff >_>

Started by UnfluffyBunny, October 28, 2009, 06:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Previsionary

Synny Bun Bun! You're still modeling and doing amazing work. I missed seeing your creativity in action. :)
Disappear when you least expe--

UnfluffyBunny

Yeah, this year's been a little busy for me >.>
Spoiler

and for fun, some texture practice I did last night following an example from the substance painter forums, always trying to learn more.
Spoiler

Also my stuff from second life on here is all really old >.> I have been running a youtube channel aimed at using blender for SL but this year being busy I haven't had much chance to update in the past few months

Previsionary

:o You got the marriedzzz?! Congrats, Syn! Also, your daughter has gotten so big.  :thumbup:

Your texture work looks really good, though that guy seems to be really hairy. Always improving, you are, never stopping! BTW, did you do the facial details as well? I'm liking all the finer details one would never usually see in a gaming/non-modeling environment.
Disappear when you least expe--

UnfluffyBunny

Thankyou good sir, and yes, my daughter is rather tall for her age, I have to buy clothes 1/2 years above her age >.> but then I'm taller than both my parents, I expect her to be in the 6ft range...

As for the guy, yeah he's pretty hairy, but the example I was following made him hairy too, mine's toned down from their version >.> in the face, the larger details come from the normal map (again, not my model work) I did the skintones, lip creases, pores, exaggerated some of the muscle lines, some wrinkles (corners of the mouth, cheeks and neck mostly), stubble, moustache, age spots and worked the roughness map to make some areas look "shinier" (tip of the nose, cheekbones, lips)
I've never gotten on great with faces >.> honestly most of the work on this one is the shaping of the normal map, and a good rendering engine.

Deaths Jester

Not bad on the texture...if your having probs with  skin...go here.  Navate has some really great tuts for skin colour and such...worth a try...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Cyber Burn

First and foremost, congrats on the Nuptials. It's one of the most awesome things in life, second only to parenthood.

That said, I would kill to have your Skill level...Seriously, without hesitation. These are some awesome pieces of art.