News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Syn's other stuff >_>

Started by UnfluffyBunny, October 28, 2009, 06:39:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnfluffyBunny

thought i'd start showing some stuff off as I remember the last time I mentioned secondlife there were questions over the ability to create anything well with the building physics.
here's my current project, a Star Wars E-Web (minus the power generator, still working on that)

this is built in parts using hexagon and imported as a "sculpt" TGA, it's made of 8 seperate objects (4 for the gun and 4 for the tripod) each object is constructed from 1 16x64 cylinder

murs47

looks like the real movie prop, nice job.

UnfluffyBunny

more star wars stuff, the star wars legacy comics recently revealed the "futuristic" mandalorian armor, so I got nudged into building a set:

without arms or helmet here

female chestplate variants

for some reason I dont have a pic of the full set in "base" textures, but this was the first "alternate" paint job I did which I distributed about for about a week

and a few custom paint jobs (using some traditional mandalorian parts, most noticibly the helmets, sometimes the gauntlets, jetpacks too but not pictured)
Spoiler

Deaths Jester

All I casn say is..ye love of Star Wars is making me sick!  :P
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

UnfluffyBunny

>.>

<.<

just a quick word on the process of modelling for secondlife, using an external program, ie. blender, the secondlife "sculpt" format if usually a 64x64 pixel image, representing a 32x32 polygon object, usually a cylinder, or a plane, sometimes a cube or torus thos the construction of those is obviously more difficult.
a process called oblong tesselation will allow you to go from 32x32 to 16x64/64x16, the hitch being you still need to do all your modelling from the 1 object, shrings and stretching, turning and stragtegicly placing parts to try and get the effect or more parts, the lightsaber in this image consists of 1 "sculpt" for the "blade" and 3 for the hilt.

murs47

Well damn, that is really nice!

Blkcasanova247

Now...if only "SOMEBODY" would come outta retirement.... :rolleyes:
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

UnfluffyBunny

meh, my 3dsmax was so old I couldn't get it working on vista, no chance on windows 7, and I can't quite get my head around nifskope, i've offered individual people from time to time to build things they can nifskope into meshes but can't do it myself, I have considered trying my hand at skinning again, maybe i'll give it some more thought when i've settled into my new apartment a bit better

Previsionary

YOu couldn't get 3ds max 4/5 working on Win 7? You might wanna talk to Tomato, as I know he had it working at one point. He posted about it a few times.
Disappear when you least expe--

UnfluffyBunny

my version is older than that, R3 >.> lol

Outcast

Well, i'm excited that you're thinking of skinning again. :cool:

I wonder who you'll decide to skin though. Do you have any particular character/s in mind already? If ever you do decide to skin again? :)

UnfluffyBunny

spent some time somewhere i'd rather not had been this last week, so I did some doodling, and now i'm bored and posting my mess here :P

2 ispretty meh even by my standards, but got included to show early stages of designs I build in secondlife, i've recently started making models for a medieval / gorean weapon producer which has been upping my personal income a fair wad, the hammer in the second image turned into this:

murs47

UnfluffyBunny

blarg image dump :P

some pics from a roleplay environment i'm working on

example of props i've been working on

some pics of my roleplay character

and my current WIP

UnkoMan

The stuff you make for that is pretty darn neat. And I read you get paid quite a deal? That is awesome. Glad to see talent making money.

I am totally digging diners.

UnfluffyBunny

well, might aswell throw some stuff in here >.>
i'll do this first as a link, because it's an animated GIF, incase anyone wondered what the bike looked like once I was finished modelling it:
starhawk rotating

some "real life" items from a post apocalyptic project

(did this as a favour for a friend)

wish I had more pictures of this, but it was life sized:

had full interior and even a fully decked out engine room, the front end is missing because it was lodged into a mountain...
some props:

TOR design lightsabers:

(details on the animated lightning one)

TOR design pazaak table (I fully scripted it for the working game too >.>)

part of a gladiator costume:

skyrim inspired house:

random "sculpting" bits from high poly bake demonstrations:

and slightly different (links because i'm unsure of the image sizes >.>
2 maille bracelets, the top is a european 4 in 1 weave, the bottom a 6 in 1, completely hand made from galvonised steel wire
http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx264/synthos84/photo1.jpg

and a much smaller bracelet I made my daughter out of gold and silver plater rings
http://i762.photobucket.com/albums/xx264/synthos84/photo.jpg

kk, that should keep for a few more months XD

Kommando

Do want the Hello Kitty rifle. I should go back in world but no one is ever around.

PreRaphaelite

Syn, you came back to me! I knew you couldn't resist me for long.

I must admit, I have zero knowledge of modelling, so this all looks very impressive to me. The lightsaber designs are especially eye-opening, and I quite like the griminess of the bathroom... very... erm... authentic. ;)
Yours sincerely, Judi Dench.

Cyber Burn

Some amazing stuff Syn, definitely digging the guns.

TonmaFan

I have a Yahoo group now, click here!

UnfluffyBunny

thanks for the comments guys :)

back onto the "chainmail", I was waiting to find my camera cable to take some pics of this piece but I found these on my ipod so I figured "eh", so blurry pics incoming

this is a wip from a bracelet I made for the misses, it's a japanese "stepping stone" weave in silver plated rings with gold filled connections, I have since finished this and changed the clasp to a more ornate one

each section (compromising of the main silver ring, the 6 smaller silver rings, and 14 gold ones) took about half an hour to put together, the chain in final had 8 sets (1 more than pictured)
this image just gives a better idea of proportion on this piece:

when I find my camera cable i'll get a proper picture, aswell as take pics of thing's i've worked on since then (working on a steel coif, maybe i'll get it finished first >.>)

PreRaphaelite

Wow, I never realised you were a man of so many talents.

The bracelet is beautiful. Even in a blurry photo it comes across as delicate, well crafted, and in no ways overdesigned. I'm quite impressed.
Yours sincerely, Judi Dench.

UnfluffyBunny

some SL environmental work for a post apocalyptic build:

warehouse based on an old explosives storage warehouse:

(for those that understand building in SL, the building is a mere 11 prims, with full correct bounding box work, in ye olde days, I would have used more than that just for one of the side walls)

and an abandoned / caved in mine:

the base build is 49 prims, again full bounding box work so it all reacts as it should, 4 prims for the 4 doors, 1 prim for the 2 lockers and 6 prims for the reloading bench I should take a better picture of >.>

UnfluffyBunny

Well, it's been a while since I came around >.>
Pretty much, last week I binge-watched every episode of Arrow, and decided yesterday I wanted to do some fan art, this was the result, not as "finished" as I'd like but I thought this would be the best place to share anyway :)
(and no, I didn't leave myself enough UV spce for the teeth on the low poly, hence why they're so un-detailed, my mistake D:)

SickAlice

That's awesome. What program did you use? Looks like elements of Zbrush in there (just got that wonderful toy last week, cannot stop playing around with it).

UnfluffyBunny

I haven't been able to get my hands on Z-Brush >.> I did a simple box model base in blender, built up the large forms and silhouette shapes in sculptris (still a pixelogic product so kinda Z-Brush light I guess) retopo in blender again, low poly then UV'd in blender, normals, curvature, AO, position map and world space normals baked in substance designer, then low poly and bakes taken into substance painter to do both the detailed normal work (mask materials, stitching, etc) and the actual texturing.
images are screencapped from PBR rendering in substance painter with some pretty minimal lighting and a little AA in the display. :)

[edit]
the high poly and the retopo:

and a look at the textures:
(gloss>normal>colour>height>metallic>AO>curvature)

Cyber Burn

There is some really impressive stuff here Syn, thank you for sharing.

Deaths Jester

Must...see...with...textures.....
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

UnfluffyBunny

I totally posted the textured version >.> like, 2 posts before :P

SickAlice

Doesn't matter what program your using, your skill level more than compensates. Like I said I only got the program recently and well...I really suck at it right now. I only hope to do this level of modelling some day. Minus it has a " bake " feature like you showed off here (the skull in the random bake session) though it's pretty much does all the work on it's own. No complaints, I got some wonderful spider webs and a Doom 2099 mask that way I plan to make use of. Anyways thank you again for sharing and continue to do so. I'm also enjoying the bits about Second Life as I've been invited to model for that and need the pointers. Keep up the magnificent work.