Warning about the hunters/werewolves pvp event

Started by GhostMachine, October 28, 2009, 08:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostMachine

Unfortunately Gadgeteering bots and drones can be used by Hunters who summon them before going into Hunter mode during the event. This makes the event even more in favor of the Hunters in the desert, since they have that hill they can defend. I lost out on at least 5 kills trying to do the event as a werewolf because I kept getting chewed up by munitions bots in turret mode. And the bots kills do count.

I think Gadgeteers who go werewolf can use the field drones, but I don't know about the munitions bots.

The mods need to nerf that bigtime.

*edit* After playing the event on both sides, what they really need to do is switch it so the werewolves have knockback and the hunters have knockdown. Doesn't make sense that characters who have better ranged attacks get the attack that stops melee attacks. And I kind of see why people are using bots; its kind of hard to get any kills when you're outnumbered and keep getting ganged up on before you can get any kills.

UnfluffyBunny

why would you want a knockback on a character that needs to be in melee range? knockback is fine for the werewolves, unfortunately it's so unbalanced it's not even funny, yes the werewolves do more damage but when you can be knocked back, held, or your opponent can just stealth, then what's the point in being able to hit harder.
and all it takes is 1 person to bring some bots along and everyone's screwed.