News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Iceman (gold) Error

Started by area34, October 28, 2009, 08:29:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

area34

After seeing some of Miguel's all in one skoping work I've been trying to do similar things with various meshes but have run into a weird problem with Rev's Iceman(gold). The mesh has a couple of FX's with it (vapor and sparkling) and some of C6's skins don't work with the effect(snowman style, new xmen). I alpha'd out all the tga's for the fx's of the skin (snowman) and only the vapor disappears, it continues to sparkle. If I alpha out the FX of the standard skin then all the FX disappears on everything.
I've never run into a mesh where the standard is locked across the various skins and am wondering how this might have happened or how to fix it.

miguelyanke

ARe you using my aio_iceman as base?!

Blkcasanova247

And instead of "alpha'ing" out the pieces why not simply hide them using nifskope?
I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

area34

Miguel- Yes I'm using the iceman that you sent me with the only tweak I added being the x-factor belt.

Blk- I have six iceman skins on the same mesh so I don't have to have use multiple skopes.

The sparkle thing isn't a huge deal but I was just curious about the FX tga's not carrying over.

detourne_me

Here's what you do.  Make a copy of the standard folder, and call it Revenant or something.  That will retain all of the original FX skins.  Then just alpha out the standard FX skins.   Now most of your skins will not have the FX, except for the former standard skin.

area34

I've done that and whatever sparkle FX tga's are in the standard folder carry over to all other skins. That's why I'm stump, I didn't think it was possible for the tga to be locked to all skins.

BTW- DM since your reading this, Where can I find your Mad Hatter? It's not in your yahoo group anymore.

detourne_me

hmm,  I guess you'e right about Iceman then... personally i leave all of the sparkles on.

Did you check the Secret Six .nif pack for the mad hatter?

JKCarrier

Are all the skins in .TGA format? If anything is in .DDS, those tend to override everything else. Can't think of anything else that would cause it.

area34

I've converted everything to DDS just to remove more variables and no change. I agree it's not a big deal. I just wish I knew why.

DM- My bad, It didn't occur to me to look in the secret six pack. I haven't really kept up with the book even though Nicola Scott is an amazing artist and forgot he was in it.

miguelyanke

Area, i've been revising the skope but i've toke these effect from original IPS skope [made by someone]and i don't really know how to fix it [it was a unreleased 'cause unfinished skope he has]... so if someone now how multiple skins works over one piece alternativetly and if there's some connections with it's situation [i've revised and there's no textured vinculed to standard skin... THERE'S NO EXPLANATION!!!] please HELP!

Area34, he has a X-factor belt... what belt did you include?

area34

You know... Come to think of it I don't think I added anything to the skope you sent me. I know my previous one I did and maybe was confused but I think I'm using the Skope you sent me unchanged.