News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Never say never again

Started by DrMike2000, October 31, 2009, 12:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrMike2000

It's Hallowe'en, when things rise from the dead....

It's my pleasure to announce that I have joined forces with the also "retired" Afghan Ant (well, he was retired for all of two seconds) to come back from the grave and start modding again.

I've posted some details on www.fundamentzero.com. More will be revealed over the coming weeks.

Stranger Than Fiction:
The Strangers, Tales of the Navigator and Freedom Force X
www.fundamentzero.com

yell0w_lantern

Dr. Mike 2000 of Sector 2814, RISE!
Yellow Lantern smash!

catwhowalksbyhimself

Exciting news.  And yes another reminder that I should hurry up and get LB ready for another release.  Well, I guess I'd better get back to work, after procrastinating with some more Sacred 2, that is!

Seriously, though, there isn't much that could make my day more.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

JKCarrier

The Doc and The Ant? Sounds like a World's Finest team if ever I saw one!  :D

tommyboy

Good news!
I like good news...

BentonGrey

Is...is it Christmas?  Doc, I've been hoping that your increased presence around the forums might herald something like this, but I have to say that the reality is just about too cool to be believed.  That is simply AWESOME!

AA.....so THIS is what you were talking about....I think this is definitely a project worth doing! :D
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

detourne_me

Science Gods!
Superhuman Feminine Wiles!
Speaking in Techno-tongues of Babble!

Wow, I can't wait and I can barely understand it already! :P

Gremlin

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Outcast

Exciting news. :pk:

Really love those background drawings too! Awesome. :kommandorox

laughing paradox

I already love the concept and the name. Looking forward to this.

AfghanAnt

Cat's out of the bag and I'm glad - it was such an amazing secret to keep!

I have to say this is one of the best things I've been involved in and I hope you guys love the final product as much as Doc and I have enjoyed making it.

kkhohoho

Welcome back to modding, Mike. I enjoyed the Strangers, and it seems like I may enjoy this too. ^_^
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

daglob

It's a renaissance or something.

Blitzgott

That's awesome!

Your Strangers mod rocked. Good to know you're back into modding.

Looking forward to it.

John Jr.

Looks I'll have to install  :ff: again.
Congrats guys!

Epimethee

Who? with who?  :huh:

Wonderful news, guys! I'm very curious to learn more about the concept. :thumbup:
FFX add-on for FFvsTTR at ffx.freedomforceforever.com

C4

This is good news. Glad to see you back Dr Mike

Xenolith

Any chance the mod will include M25's AI so that we can watch heroes fight in  :ff:?

DrMike2000

Yeah, it does include M25's awesome AI module - I've based all code on FFX 2.6, the last version that appeared on my site.
I've used it a few times already where the standard AI just isnt cutting it for what I want it to do, so I know the module is working correctly.

I havent set up any AI data for the seven main characters as of yet, but even so, the Danger Room modes should be there to allow you to set up watch AI battles and so on, just giving them Generic Minion AI with maybe even standard FFX abilities. Is that what you meant, the Danger Room Watch modes?

I havent been looking too much outside of Amazanaut's core experience this time - not like the Strangers where I crossed every T and made sure there was not a single stringtable entry undefined. So I havent looked at the Danger Room too much so far, beyond its intended use.

Edit: Ive added another character to the Amazanauts page.
Stranger Than Fiction:
www.fundamentzero.com

Podmark

This is what I get for never checking mods. Very cool news guys!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Xenolith

Quote from: DrMike2000 on November 14, 2009, 10:56:27 AMI havent set up any AI data for the seven main characters as of yet, but even so, the Danger Room modes should be there to allow you to set up watch AI battles and so on, just giving them Generic Minion AI with maybe even standard FFX abilities. Is that what you meant, the Danger Room Watch modes?

I have a habit of speaking imprecisely at times, so my apologies.  Yes, you answered my question, but I also meant to inquire if it will have M25s AI generator?

Good luck, and I look forward to playing your mod.

AfghanAnt

murs47

Quote from: AfghanAnt on February 23, 2010, 05:49:17 PM
BUMP.  ;)

I feel like you're hinting at some near future reveal.

*plays the waiting game*

DrMike2000

BUMP indeed!

Go to the website... www.fundamentzero.com

No actual mod there yet, but some new info, and some very cool character images by Ant. Won't be long now...
Stranger Than Fiction:
www.fundamentzero.com

Gremlin

"It has yet to be established if the universe is amazing enough for her outlandish claims to be true."

Oh my god I love you guys so much.

BentonGrey

Amen. :D  There is something abosolutely wonderful, in the old sense, about your work.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

DrMike2000

Thanks, guys!

And thanks to Ant's tireless efforts, the final crew-member is up on the website - Omegazon!

Stranger Than Fiction:
www.fundamentzero.com