48HR Film Showdown (reposted from Film/TV thread)

Started by Mr. Hamrick, November 11, 2009, 03:49:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Hamrick

tomorrow night on the cable network Halogen, catch the pilot for The 48 HR Film Showdown. 
http://www.halogentv.com/index.php/48hour/?awesm=fbshare.me_DTgv

I worked as a Production Assistant on the project.  One of my colleagues was on the Atlanta team.  Several other colleagues worked on the crew as well.

So please tune in and catch it if your cable company carries Halogen. 

Thanks.

GH

Tawodi Osdi

That sounds cool, Hammy, but I don't have cable TV at all.  Will it be airing over the Internet anywhere?

Mr. Hamrick

No idea.  I do know that I don't even think I have that station on my cable box.  So don't feel bad.

I imagine it might be on the net at some point, though.  I know very little about the network Halogen.  I'd guess from their site that it might be streamed on there after it aired.  But who knows!  I just hope the thing does well and is picked up.  Then I would have a regular gig for a few week that would be a pretty decent paycheck even though I was just a PA on the thing.

Tawodi Osdi

I know how hard regular gigs are.  I have two technical diplomas; Electronics Repair and Computer Repair and Networking, and I am A+ Certified, but I recently returned to college, because I couldn't find any work.  By the way, I am an English major with an interest in technical writing, but I am taking some creative writing course just for fun.  Maybe, when you become a big Hollywood producer, you could throw me a bone.  Anyway, you have my best wishes on the pilot.

Tawodi Osdi

I'm not the reality show kind of guy, but I found that interesting.

Zippo

Haha, those are some egos there. As a film student myself, it'd be awesome to do something like this, but man, some of those guys just take themselves entirely too seriously for the level of professionalism they display.

But it's good stuff Hamrick, here's hoping you can make a regular gig out of it.

Tawodi Osdi

I was wondering if that level of egotism was common among artistic types, but I didn't want to say anything in case there were other artistic types who'd take offense.

Mr. Hamrick

First off, the show was edited in such a way that it looked worse than it was with regards to one team and not as bad with the other.  I'll let you debate which was which.   :D :P

However, it's been my experience that there is a high level of egotism amongst many in this business.  Especially in the Atlanta area.  The less I say on that the better, though.  Let's just say that egos often get in the way of quality on some level.  And let's just say that sometimes the people causing the worst of the conflicts are hypocrites by claiming they have no ego.