News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Kick-Arse

Started by Midnite, November 11, 2009, 07:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BWPS

That looks funny, I don't think I'll be able to parse on this one.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

lugaru

For better or for worse, it REALLY looks like the comic. I'm sure the action and tone will be different but it should be worth a watch. It is also going to confuse the heck out of critics, I mean the comic is half fight club and half spiderman.

bat1987

Love the comic, cant wait for this!

lugaru

Just wanted to say that I found some comic con clips that I'm not going to link to... because they are just like the comic. Swearing, Hit Girl chopping off limbs and the titular character getting his butt handed to him in the expected fashion.

JeyNyce

I want to see this movie!
I also feel bad because I only heard of the comic early this year.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Midnite

murs47

Just watched the new "Redband" trailer at Newsarama.com, which I'm not linking to. At first I was just looking forward to the flick. But now, I'm pretty darn excited for it.

Outcast

I'm pretty much excited about this movie as well. It looks like a lot of fun. :lol:

murs47

Quote from: Outcast on February 20, 2010, 04:16:22 AM
It looks like a lot of fun. :lol:

Mhm. I'm pretty sure it's going to win the "Best Family Film" award.

Outcast

Quote from: murs47 on February 20, 2010, 05:07:59 AM
Mhm. I'm pretty sure it's going to win the "Best Family Film" award.
:huh:  Riiiiiiiiiight.....i know i know....you kid, you joke, you joke, you kid..  ^_^

murs47

Zippo

From what i've heard, once they'd finished the film they couldn't find any companies to distribute it, as it was far too violent. It was only after the film started getting glowing receptions at small screenings that it got picked up. This is just hear-say though.

Ares_God_of_War

I saw it - Loved it - Did not know the source materiel before hand. Doesn't follow the story exactly

*edit* I also saw this at full Theater price and did not regret that and would even be willing to pay full price to see it again
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

GogglesPizanno

I agree, the movie is a blast!

deano_ue

amazes me the uk got it before the us

bloody brilliant film and one that made some changes for the better from the book

JeyNyce

I heard this movie got great reviews!  I have to put this one on my list to see.
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

Failed_Hero

This film was very well done.  Lots of Action, A lot of dimension.  Despite the chatter about the Hit Girl character this film is a must see for any age appropriate comic fan.  I am normally very critical of films like these, for the use of hyper violence and language, but despite that the film is very sweet and sentimental. 
At the end of the day all that matter is that I tried, right?

Cyber Burn

Just got home from watching it. And all I can say is "Wow". Movies drag here and there, scenes last longer than my ADD attention span can handle, but this kept my attention during the entire move. I had no idea that there was a comic for this, until now, when I saw this thread. Definitly something I want to check out now.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

herodad1

yeah, just got back from seeing it also. it did " KICK arse! "  i really liked it. wish we'd got to see more big daddy action.

BWPS

Well damn. I really wanted to see this but Carmike Cinemas (aka every movie theater in Auburn, LaGrange, Columbus) has a dispute with Lionsgate and isn't showing this movie. I'd have to drive an hour to Montgomery (which I do a lot to play cards, but not to see movies) to see it. I guess I'll wait and just rent it.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

thanoson

She really stole the movie. It was pretty awesome.
Long live Slaanesh, Prince of Pain!!!

BentonGrey

I really expected this movie to stink out loud, so I am really surprised at all of these positive reviews.  Color me curious.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: thanoson on April 20, 2010, 05:26:00 AM
She really stole the movie. It was pretty awesome. 

She nearly stole every scene she was in "500 Days of Summer" last year so no surprise she stole the movie here.

detourne_me

Quote from: Cyber Burn on April 18, 2010, 03:59:25 AM
Just got home from watching it. And all I can say is "Wow". Movies drag here and there, scenes last longer than my ADD attention span can handle, but this kept my attention during the entire move. I had no idea that there was a comic for this, until now, when I saw this thread. Definitly something I want to check out now.  :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I gotta say ditto to that.  I was pretty tired, and i didn't feel like drifting off at all...  I kinda did when i watched Solomon Kane last week.

TheMarvell

I just saw this last night. It was really entertaining and funny, but it was spoiled by some a-hole who sat next to me and was basically one of those annoying commentator people.

"Oh man, that's HARD CORE!"
"I. WANT. that ROOM!"
"A bazooka?! Holy ****! LOL!"

and of course, repeating jokes seconds after they were said, thus making the jokes NOT funny to me. It was ****ing ridiculous. The text book definition of a d-bag. For me, the movie is forever tainted by that guy. :(

thalaw2

That sucks Marvell.  but er um...I gotta say watch the censors.  I hope that won't really taint the movie forever though.
革命不会被电视转播

thalaw2

I just finished watching the movie and....WOW!  That was awesome!  Yet disturbing.   Is there going to be a video game related to this movie?  I hope not.  Using kids to kill don't bode well with me, however I really enjoyed the movie. 
革命不会被电视转播

Previsionary

Quote from: thalaw2 on May 13, 2010, 01:37:10 PM
Is there going to be a video game related to this movie?  I hope not.  Using kids to kill don't bode well with me, however I really enjoyed the movie. 

Yes, the movie has a game for Ipod touch/pad and PS3 (network). They came out in April.
Disappear when you least expe--