Please login or register.

Login with email, password and session length

News:

Seasons Greetings!

Author Topic: DJ's place of preversion  (Read 20618 times)

Offline UnkoMan

• Gummy Hand of Justice
  • Evil is afoot! No, the whole leg!
    • SJHFTAC
Re: DJ's place of preversion
« Reply #390 on: August 18, 2017, 03:46:32 PM »
That hair and jaw are looking super great! The textures, the textures...

I just have to ask (because I can't even remember) but can you work higher than 512 or is that FF's limit? Because there's just that small amount of blur in the face and I think your stuff is so detailed it would totally benefit from going up a size.
Just my opinion! It's looking fantastic though.

Offline Deaths Jester

• Drunken Arse!!
« Reply #391 on: August 18, 2017, 10:04:37 PM »
That hair and jaw are looking super great! The textures, the textures...

I just have to ask (because I can't even remember) but can you work higher than 512 or is that FF's limit? Because there's just that small amount of blur in the face and I think your stuff is so detailed it would totally benefit from going up a size.
Just my opinion! It's looking fantastic though.

You can run up to 1024 x 1024 but I dislike working at that size....512 squared is a happy medium for me and like I said, I could do this in 256 squared and still get similar results. I just prefer 512 because I've never had any problems with it fitting onto any mesh..sometimes when you go smaller or larger you can have either bleed over or blank spots show up on certain meshes.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Offline AfghanAnt

• The Once and Future
  • Incandescent Interstellar Insectoid
    • Freedom Force Universe
Re: DJ's place of preversion - Werid World
« Reply #392 on: August 24, 2017, 09:41:05 PM »
I had previously asked Unko permission to skin a few of his Weird World characters and having just received Painter 2015 (updated my old Painter 11 finally), I decided to tinker around and see what I could do.  So here's Unko's Dorian Grave (original idea here):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Ortho

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Face Up close

I see some problems with it but that's mainly my thing and the fact I'm not 100% comfortable using 2015 yet (they changed the GUI a bit since 11..so having to relearn a little)..still not bad for a tinker piece.

HA! Dorian Graves! I always loved Unko's designs. For the suit, have you consider a different skope? I used a variation of GNI's models plus some skoping of course for my version. I think it adds additional depth to the design that the male_suit lacks due to it's flatness.

Also hi everyone!

Offline Deaths Jester

• Drunken Arse!!
« Reply #393 on: August 25, 2017, 12:05:55 AM »
If I had Gni's mesh, I would've taken a look at it for sure, AA. Unhappily those were some of the meshes I lost when I upgraded my comp. :(

Also, welcome back?

Offline daglob

• Shape-Shifting Silly-Putty Android
  • Da Glob
« Reply #394 on: August 25, 2017, 01:06:44 AM »
If I had Gni's mesh, I would've taken a look at it for sure, AA. Unhappily those were some of the meshes I lost when I upgraded my comp. :(

Also, welcome back?

Hey... hey... If you need anything you know CB and I probably have it. Send us a want list; no one wants you to do without.

And welcome back AA; don't be a stranger.

Offline Deaths Jester

• Drunken Arse!!
« Reply #395 on: August 25, 2017, 01:39:28 AM »
You know I always find a way to make what I've got work for me, DG. Even if I don't have something like Gni's meshes, I just use the meshes I do have...not something I worry about "missing out" on nowadays.

That and I don't like feeling like I'm burdening you guys. Even if I'm not, I still feel like that...yes, I'm crazy...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 02:04:53 AM by Deaths Jester »

Offline spydermann93

« Reply #396 on: August 25, 2017, 02:25:16 AM »
Welcome back, AA! Long time no see :D

Hey... hey... If you need anything you know CB and I probably have it. Send us a want list; no one wants you to do without.

And welcome back AA; don't be a stranger.

HA! :lol:

Offline Cyber Burn

« Reply #397 on: August 25, 2017, 05:45:15 AM »
I never consider a friend a burden, DJ. Crazy or not, definitely don't hesitate to ask.