News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DJ's Den

Started by Deaths Jester, November 14, 2009, 04:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

A skin of Mandrin's Death Squad I did for Benton's mod.

I will say that it's not my best but I haven't skinned in forever so I'm bound to have a little rust!
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

BentonGrey

Perhaps it's not your best, but your best is pretty darn awesome.  Even so, this is pretty darn awesome as well!  I love the look of this guy, and you captured the cool design from the comics really well!  Thanks so much for doing these guys DJ!
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Outcast

Can't say that i'm familiar with the character DJ. But I like it! I say....what rust are you talking about. The only rust i see is in that sword of his. Nice work! Speaking of rust, or something just related to it like metal. I think the metal parts of the armor might look even better with perhaps a shiny reflect file? But you know maybe it might not fit well, if you're going for an ancient armor kinda look. So..not sure.

I like the rope textures i see on his arm and leg bands and all the other small details you've put on his armor. Not to mention the skull face of course.

Anyways, it's great to see ya back with a new skin. I do hope to see some more.  :)

Cyber Burn

That is one heck of an awesome skin, great job DJ.

Podmark

That looks really cool, I approve.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Outcast on October 04, 2012, 03:56:06 PM
Can't say that i'm familiar with the character DJ. But I like it! I say....what rust are you talking about. The only rust i see is in that sword of his. Nice work! Speaking of rust, or something just related to it like metal. I think the metal parts of the armor might look even better with perhaps a shiny reflect file? But you know maybe it might not fit well, if you're going for an ancient armor kinda look. So..not sure.

I like the rope textures i see on his arm and leg bands and all the other small details you've put on his armor. Not to mention the skull face of course.

Anyways, it's great to see ya back with a new skin. I do hope to see some more.  :)

The character, or acutally group of characters, appeared in the original Iron Man # 99 and 100 (first edition run) so it's understandable that you might not know them so well.  As for the shiny refl, i avoided that becuase it looked a bit too gaudy when put on the metal section (metal is only acutally just the helmet and I think the torso, the comic doesn't exactly expound on it).

And yes, that's me rusty..I could've done a better job of this skin...really belive me...the face needs work.

naitvalis

congratulation DJ! this are all good jobs, i like especially that red tornado!!

Tomato

Skin might be rusty, but I agree with the consensus- it looks decent to me. About the only issues I see are that it maybe looks a bit blurry in spots, but overall it's a decent skin for something you just did for Benton.

Outcast

Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 06, 2012, 03:34:07 PM
The character, or acutally group of characters, appeared in the original Iron Man # 99 and 100 (first edition run) so it's understandable that you might not know them so well.  As for the shiny refl, i avoided that becuase it looked a bit too gaudy when put on the metal section (metal is only acutally just the helmet and I think the torso, the comic doesn't exactly expound on it).

And yes, that's me rusty..I could've done a better job of this skin...really belive me...the face needs work.

Yes i guess there will always be room for improvement as the saying goes.
Does that mean you will still be working on improving this skin, particulary the face area? If not, how about another skin to shake off that rust you're talking about. :)

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Outcast on October 07, 2012, 04:36:52 PM
Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 06, 2012, 03:34:07 PM

Yes i guess there will always be room for improvement as the saying goes.
Does that mean you will still be working on improving this skin, particulary the face area? If not, how about another skin to shake off that rust you're talking about. :)

Don't you blokes go tempting me with anything...am not sure if I'll be skinning again for awhile or not.

Cyber Burn

Someone tempt the man...Skin, skin, skin!!!

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

Tomato

I have a bottle of hand sanitizer from my bmt days that people apparently found it necessary to drink (enough that they were actually confiscated for a few days).

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Tomato on October 17, 2012, 09:46:35 PM
I have a bottle of hand sanitizer from my bmt days that people apparently found it necessary to drink (enough that they were actually confiscated for a few days).

I am not drinking that, 'Mato, I have taste!

Tomato

not after you drink hand sanitizer.

Deaths Jester

BentonGrey

God Bless

Cyber Burn

Nice. I had wanted to use that gun for my Avatar, but it does not look fun to skin.

Sioux City Dynamo

I love it!  It looks awesome!
Io

Deaths Jester

Quote from: BentonGrey on October 22, 2012, 07:05:52 PM
Ohh, he looks to be deadly!

He would be inf he weren't dead already...and no that is not a mention towards myself becuase this character is an old 1960s era Marvel character that nobody will get.

President Raygun

Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 24, 2012, 03:08:53 PM

He would be inf he weren't dead already...and no that is not a mention towards myself becuase this character is an old 1960s era Marvel character that nobody will get.

If I guess who it is do I get a No-Prize?

cmdrkoenig67

Oooh DJ, I love that Mandarin Death Squad dude!

Dana

Tomato

Really, he's from the 60s? With that ZOMG gun and those pouches, I'd have guessed 90s

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Tomato on October 26, 2012, 02:42:58 AM

Really, he's from the 60s? With that ZOMG gun and those pouches, I'd have guessed 90s

Well, yeah..I know..it's weird but he's a 60s character...remember some of the artists were a bit ahead of their times....at least that's what I'm sticking too.

Quote from: President Raygun on October 24, 2012, 06:23:54 PM

Maybe...but probably not..but go right ahead.

BentonGrey

Interesting...you've certainly piqued my curiosity!
God Bless

President Raygun

Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 29, 2012, 03:12:15 PM

Well, now I don't wanna, but if I did I bet I'd hit a bull's eye.

Edit: spelling

Deaths Jester

Quote from: President Raygun on October 29, 2012, 10:14:06 PM

You my man are good!

President Raygun

Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 30, 2012, 11:53:54 PM

You my man are good!

Nah, I'm just a kooky kid with a fondness for obscure characters from the Silver and Bronze Age, but great choice, the gun looks great and you even got the rope on the hip(that's actually what gave it away for me), can't wait to see it finished.

Tomato

Quote from: President Raygun on October 31, 2012, 10:53:30 PM
Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 30, 2012, 11:53:54 PM

You my man are good!

Nah, I'm just a kooky kid with a fondness for obscure characters from the Silver and Bronze Age, but great choice, the gun looks great and you even got the rope on the hip(that's actually what gave it away for me), can't wait to see it finished.

Guys, you're starting to overdo it with the quotes. For serious.