DJ's Den

Started by Deaths Jester, November 14, 2009, 04:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Alrighty...here's how Bull's Eye appeared in the comics:

Spoiler

and how he looks as a skin:

Spoiler

Pretty good for an old rusty guy like me...oh and here's the sotry on Bull's Eye too.  That way you guys can understand him...maybe...or not!

Spoiler
HYDRA hired Bull's Eye to kill Nick Fury, but it was critical that this
occurred at a specific time, because they wanted to coincide Fury's death with HYDRA's
all-out assault on SHIELD. So Bull's Eye tailed Fury all day until they were ready. As
soon as he was given the order, he pulled out his special rifle and shot Fury in the back
of the head, killing him while he was at a concert with Laura Brown.

Then the HYDRA leader changed his mind, and decided not to attack SHIELD at that time,
because that was just what they would expect. HYDRA left Bull's Eye high and dry as
SHIELD agents began to swarm the area. Bull's Eye fired at the SHIELD agents who were
chasing him and succeeded in taking out quite a few, but then Dum Dum Dugan managed
to nail him. A bullet to the chest took him out for good.

Later it was revealed that the Nick Fury Bull's Eye killed was a LMD Fury and not the
real Fury.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

cascarudo

looks great  :thumbup: is a perfect adaptation

Podmark

Looks pretty good to me. I'd never seen that character before.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

naitvalis

amazing job DJ! you have captured all the "old school fashion" of the character.

Sioux City Dynamo

Io

AfghanAnt

I've never seen this design before but you did it justice.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Podmark on November 06, 2012, 01:53:18 AM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on November 07, 2012, 12:18:43 AM

Yeah, I doubted to many of you guys would've seen this character before, he lasted only one or two issues of the 1969 Nick Fury:Agent of SHIELD run.  I'm contemplating doing more obscure characters like this one, actually, just not sure if it's what I want to do or not.  But thanks everyone for the praise.

BentonGrey

Hey, neat!  Yeah, I've never seen that version of the character before.  That's cool, DJ.  I agree with the others, you definitely captured the character quiet well, especially in the subtle differences in his color scheme.

Well, anything that gives us more DJ skins is a good thing, in my opinion.  Which obscure characters do you have in mind?

For my part, I like seeing these types of guys I've never heard of get created.  I'm always learning about the history of comics and ideas, and I enjoy that.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Previsionary

Quote from: Deaths Jester on November 07, 2012, 04:07:59 PM
Quote from: Podmark on November 06, 2012, 01:53:18 AM
Quote from: AfghanAnt on November 07, 2012, 12:18:43 AM

Yeah, I doubted to many of you guys would've seen this character before, he lasted only one or two issues of the 1969 Nick Fury:Agent of SHIELD run.  I'm contemplating doing more obscure characters like this one, actually, just not sure if it's what I want to do or not.  But thanks everyone for the praise.

Actually, when I first saw the preview image, my first thoughts went to Nick Fury. Unfortunately, I don't have a great grasp of the characters/villains surrounding him, so I wouldn't have guessed Bullseye.

Very nice skin though, you scumbucket.
Disappear when you least expe--

President Raygun

That's a sweet looking skin man, great job

Cyber Burn

Loving the obscure character choice DJ, hope you decide to do more of the type.

daglob

Quote from: Deaths Jester on November 05, 2012, 04:12:00 PM
Alrighty...here's how Bull's Eye appeared in the comics:

Spoiler

and how he looks as a skin:

Spoiler

Pretty good for an old rusty guy like me...oh and here's the sotry on Bull's Eye too.  That way you guys can understand him...maybe...or not!

Spoiler
HYDRA hired Bull's Eye to kill Nick Fury, but it was critical that this
occurred at a specific time, because they wanted to coincide Fury's death with HYDRA's
all-out assault on SHIELD. So Bull's Eye tailed Fury all day until they were ready. As
soon as he was given the order, he pulled out his special rifle and shot Fury in the back
of the head, killing him while he was at a concert with Laura Brown.

Then the HYDRA leader changed his mind, and decided not to attack SHIELD at that time,
because that was just what they would expect. HYDRA left Bull's Eye high and dry as
SHIELD agents began to swarm the area. Bull's Eye fired at the SHIELD agents who were
chasing him and succeeded in taking out quite a few, but then Dum Dum Dugan managed
to nail him. A bullet to the chest took him out for good.

Later it was revealed that the Nick Fury Bull's Eye killed was a LMD Fury and not the
real Fury.

I'd forgotten he's ever looked like this! Great work, and great fun!

murs47

Excellent skin DJ...clearly you were sober when creating this :P

Deaths Jester

Quote from: murs47 on December 11, 2012, 04:59:30 PM
Excellent skin DJ...clearly you were sober when creating this :P

No...actually I was stone drunk..I work better that way!

daglob

So... When is Bullseye getting posted?

Yes, I'm a greedy so-and-so.

Deaths Jester

I'm working with Prev to have a place to host stuff and then I'll need to get a few more skins together so everything will be worth getting...probably be sometime in January but I'll make an announcement when all is ready!

Deaths Jester

Becuase nobody asked for him and becuase I felt like going more insane (it took forever to get the lines lined up), here's Chesire Cat:

Helix

That. Is. Suh-weeeeet!!! Nice job, DJ!

Previsionary

You did a really nice job, DJ. I'm especially fond of the face work you did.

*nice spell wears off*

Hate you later, jerk.
Disappear when you least expe--

Cyber Burn

The line work is really impressive DJ, nice skin.

President Raygun

:thumbup: Beautiful work on Chesire DJ, between him and Bulls-Eye I'm in obscure character heaven.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: President Raygun on January 04, 2013, 10:02:44 PM
:thumbup: Beautiful work on Chesire DJ, between him and Bulls-Eye I'm in obscure character heaven.

Just wait...there are more obscure characters to come!

Deaths Jester

For those that didn't know or those that hadn't noticed that Prem actually did something for once...you can get my stuff (or at least some of it) over at FRP

Does this mean Prem and I have put our hatred for each other aside?  IS the world coming to an end? 

Nope, I'm justing keeping a closer eye on Prem this way!  :P

Tomato

Quote from: Deaths Jester on January 30, 2013, 05:03:25 PM
For those that didn't know or those that hadn't noticed that Prem actually did something for once...you can get my stuff (or at least some of it) over at FRP

Does this mean Prem and I have put our hatred for each other aside?  IS the world coming to an end? 

Nope, I'm justing keeping a closer eye on Prem this way!  :P

He's right where you want him... within face stabbing range.

Deaths Jester

What the finished skin that I did for Windblown's Chamber skope looks like:

Face and ear close up

Now understand folks, I haven't skinned in ages and am extremely rusty, so there are quite a few places that could really use some work...or at least I think so.  Once I work out where to release this at with Windblown I'll let you blokes know.

Will there be more skins from me? Who knows...

-DJ

Amazo Version 2.2

seriously sweet deaths jester. i'm glad to see you making skins and really hope to se more.

kind of off subject, but I got a hold of your aoa infinites skin a while back and it is really one of my favorite skins.

back to your chamber skin, I think it looks great, and i'm glad to see more skinners tackling windblown's skopes, they are to great not to see finished
For anyone, and everyone, who has ever done anything to improve the FF/FFvs3R gaming experience, I want to say thank you. Life is so short, and you have all brought me so much joy. I hope that one day, I am somehow able to return the kindness and generosity that all of you have shown.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Amazo Version 2.2 on September 18, 2013, 02:27:05 PM

kind of off subject, but I got a hold of your aoa infinites skin a while back and it is really one of my favorite skins.

Gah...that was back when Freedom Force Center first started up...soooo bloody old and had so many flaws because I had just started skinning when I did that skin...man, I'm amazed you found it cause I don't even have that one.

Outcast

I'm not familiar with the character but he looks pretty cool.

It's nice to you skinning again DJ. Looking good so far.  :thumbup:

The only thing i can see that seems a bit unfinished is the back side of the jacket maybe? The front side texture just looks more complete when compared to it.  :unsure:

windblown

I seriously love the face on this skin. Great work!!

Podmark

That looks totally awesome! The face in particular is very impressive.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page