News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DJ's Den

Started by Deaths Jester, November 14, 2009, 04:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spydermann93

Great work so far, DJ!

As always, the face is top-notch and I love the Spider. Can't wait to see the Zambo and the Shark :thumbup:

WyldFyre

Only thing I can think of on the face is maybe the nose to mouth ratio? Her nose seems a bit large, but I haven't seen drawings of her in quite some time.

Otherwise she looks good. And I may be wrong about the nose.
For Freedom!

Deaths Jester

This is the pic that I based it off of, Wildfyre:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/File:M1.jpg

I think the problem is the eyes actually....something about them feels off to me but am unsure what.  I'm still tinkering with different styles for female skins so that might be part of the off feeling I'm having..not comfortable with this style/haven't found a style that fits me yet.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

murs47

That Dani skin/skope is an absolute treat. Really looking forward to the end result.

windblown

I love it! :wub: :wub: Can't wait to see the zombie and shark projections!

Quote from: murs47 on March 21, 2017, 08:51:23 PM
That Dani skin/skope is an absolute treat. Really looking forward to the end result.

Hey murs! It's nice to see you again on the forums :)

detourne_me

murs47

Deaths Jester

Alright, no loving on each other allowed here. You guys want to do that, get a room or something. Jeez...can't leave you blokes unsupervised for a second...

WyldFyre

Quote from: Deaths Jester on March 21, 2017, 07:44:11 PM
This is the pic that I based it off of, Wildfyre:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/File:M1.jpg

I think the problem is the eyes actually....something about them feels off to me but am unsure what.  I'm still tinkering with different styles for female skins so that might be part of the off feeling I'm having..not comfortable with this style/haven't found a style that fits me yet.

Maybe that's it. Looking at your reference the nose seems fine. Maybe the eye spacing? Or maybe I've just been looking at the screen too long.
For Freedom!

Deaths Jester

The spacing is right to match up with the mesh...I think I'm just not comfortable with this style for females...got to keep looking.

Deaths Jester

Here's how the shark and zombie projections came out.

Shark

Zombie

Now, I've got to give WB credit on the zombie.  I had planned on doing something more than this with it but unhappily everything I tried came out looking wrong.  I instead ended up going back to the standard that WB sent with the skope, blurred it, painted gore and grunge on top of it, and added multiple layers of textures (nine or ten different textures, ranging from bark to scratched metal to grungy book covers) before finally running a pink colour layer over it. I wish I could've gotten the other idea I had working but alas no luck.

Podmark

Looks great! Awesome job on this one guys!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

Man, fantastic work, DJ!  I really love the projections.  They're particularly impressive.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

You know, if you ever get in a fight with somebody who throws sharks, projections or not, at you, then you've picked a bad fight.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

spydermann93

daglob

Yeah, I know; too many people say "Aquaman is lame, all he can do is talk to fish". But actually he commands fish.

spydermann93

Very BIG fish.

With sharp teef!

John Jr.

Amazing work with the projections, DJ. Very creative and well done.

laughing paradox

Wow. Your X-Force skins are gorgeous. My jaw dropped at Feral and Moonstar.

Fantastic work.

Deaths Jester

Hey, LP, good to see you're still about!

Deaths Jester

I little WIP, still got some work to do on the outfit and of course the face and hair:

Spoiler

Edit: Still getting used to this new mouse of mine....would work wonderfully for me if my fingers weren't so long. I like that I can switch between dpi modes (low, medium, high, even higher, extreme type routine) and the extra buttons are wonderful but because of the length of my fingers (it's a claw grip mouse, which is how I grasp a mouse for those wondering), I have no room hold it with my pinkie finger.  Most mice I have that problem with but I don't use them a lot nor do I do fine detail graphics work with them so there's no trouble there.  This one...my pinkie is getting a work out being dragged around free....I probably just need to get used to it.  Okay..that's just me rambling..so meh.  Will say I love everything else about the new comp build...except win7....got to relearn my shortcuts....

laughing paradox

This is stellar and gorgeous already. I'm so very impressed by your work, DJ. The cape-wings are insane. I love it.

Podmark

That's coming along great. Looking forward to Siryn.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

windblown

The costume is looking great, those capes are awesome. Looking forward to the finished skin!

Deaths Jester

Quote from: laughing paradox on May 19, 2017, 07:50:56 PM
This is stellar and gorgeous already. I'm so very impressed by your work, DJ. The cape-wings are insane. I love it.

Part of the credit on the cape-wings goes to AA and his Classic Banshee skin.  I spent some time studying what he'd done on that skin's cape-wings and combined what I learned from said studying with what I know about painting drapery to get what you see.

And now, Siryn finished:

Ortho

Screaming

I'm still tinkering with different styles for my female faces and while this one isn't that bad, something about the eyes still bothers me....they fit the wireframes perfectly but they just seem "off" to me still.  Going to have to go back and do some more studying, I guess. (Forgot to include a close up pic of the face....eh....might post it Tuesday...we'll see how folks respond to this...)

SickAlice

John Jr.

The colors and highlights are nothing short than amazing. Great work, as usual.

spydermann93

That looks great, DJ! I really love the sleek texture of the costume, and the face, as usual, is really well done!