News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DJ's Den

Started by Deaths Jester, November 14, 2009, 04:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnkoMan

That hair and jaw are looking super great! The textures, the textures...

I just have to ask (because I can't even remember) but can you work higher than 512 or is that FF's limit? Because there's just that small amount of blur in the face and I think your stuff is so detailed it would totally benefit from going up a size.
Just my opinion! It's looking fantastic though.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: UnkoMan on August 18, 2017, 03:46:32 PM
That hair and jaw are looking super great! The textures, the textures...

I just have to ask (because I can't even remember) but can you work higher than 512 or is that FF's limit? Because there's just that small amount of blur in the face and I think your stuff is so detailed it would totally benefit from going up a size.
Just my opinion! It's looking fantastic though.

You can run up to 1024 x 1024 but I dislike working at that size....512 squared is a happy medium for me and like I said, I could do this in 256 squared and still get similar results. I just prefer 512 because I've never had any problems with it fitting onto any mesh..sometimes when you go smaller or larger you can have either bleed over or blank spots show up on certain meshes.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

AfghanAnt

Quote from: Deaths Jester on July 31, 2017, 08:45:50 PM
I had previously asked Unko permission to skin a few of his Weird World characters and having just received Painter 2015 (updated my old Painter 11 finally), I decided to tinker around and see what I could do.  So here's Unko's Dorian Grave (original idea here):

Spoiler

Ortho

Spoiler

Face Up close

I see some problems with it but that's mainly my thing and the fact I'm not 100% comfortable using 2015 yet (they changed the GUI a bit since 11..so having to relearn a little)..still not bad for a tinker piece.

HA! Dorian Graves! I always loved Unko's designs. For the suit, have you consider a different skope? I used a variation of GNI's models plus some skoping of course for my version. I think it adds additional depth to the design that the male_suit lacks due to it's flatness.

Also hi everyone!

Deaths Jester

If I had Gni's mesh, I would've taken a look at it for sure, AA. Unhappily those were some of the meshes I lost when I upgraded my comp. :(

Also, welcome back?

daglob

Quote from: Deaths Jester on August 25, 2017, 12:05:55 AM
If I had Gni's mesh, I would've taken a look at it for sure, AA. Unhappily those were some of the meshes I lost when I upgraded my comp. :(

Also, welcome back?

Hey... hey... If you need anything you know CB and I probably have it. Send us a want list; no one wants you to do without.

And welcome back AA; don't be a stranger.

Deaths Jester

You know I always find a way to make what I've got work for me, DG. Even if I don't have something like Gni's meshes, I just use the meshes I do have...not something I worry about "missing out" on nowadays.

That and I don't like feeling like I'm burdening you guys. Even if I'm not, I still feel like that...yes, I'm crazy...

spydermann93

Welcome back, AA! Long time no see :D

Quote from: daglob on August 25, 2017, 01:06:44 AMHey... hey... If you need anything you know CB and I probably have it. Send us a want list; no one wants you to do without.

And welcome back AA; don't be a stranger.

HA! :lol:

Cyber Burn

I never consider a friend a burden, DJ. Crazy or not, definitely don't hesitate to ask.

Deaths Jester

...tinkering with a few things to knock off some rust...no pics yet but I might have something post holidaying...

daglob

Deaths Jester

What is this?!?!  DJ doing a skin?!?!  No, you must be dreaming!!  Just lay your head back down and go back to sleep....

Some of you might remember seeing a WIP kinda like this some time back before I rebuild my computer...the time in which I lost the work face work that I had shown earlier and such.  SO yeah, back to recreating this one...still a WIP and still am rusty.  Got to get the face in, which could take some time..and I bet most of you STILL don't know who this character is....

daglob

bearded

Deaths Jester

Quote from: bearded on April 27, 2018, 09:56:32 PM
I do. What mesh is that?

That's Gren's Bride of the Nine Spiders with hair from his Black_Canary.  See Force of Paradox for them...

bearded

I'm going to guess Mariko Yoshida.

Deaths Jester

While it could fit for her with a tad work, it's not Mariko. Like before, this character fits into my Marvel Villians Alphabet run and fills the Y spot.

detourne_me

Hmm. I was going to guess Tyger Tiger, but that doesn't fit with the Y.
Doesn't look like Yukio, either. Im stumped!

Deaths Jester

Well, you folks are right to think she has something to do with Wolvie. She's faced him before - actually made her official "comeback" against him after not being used for quite a long time - but he's not the one she was originally known to enjoy tormenting...

Also, you've got to remember...I skin obscure characters...esp concerning the alphabet list.  Tyger Tiger, Mariko, and Yukio aren't exactly obscure enough.

Ain't I a stinker? :P

Cyber Burn

Spoiler

Interesting character, great work on the Skope/Skin so far. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Deaths Jester

Ah, CB, finally found who she is. Course, I would've expected someone would find her on the Marvel Appendix - seeing as I've mentioned I use that site for these - instead of Comicvine but ce la vest.

BentonGrey

Hey!  Awesome to see something new from you, DJ! 

She looks great!  That bow looks really nice.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Deaths Jester

The face for Yi Yang is coming along:

I still have a few things I want to touch up and I make sure about...but she's almost done...

Deaths Jester

Here's how Yi Yang looks finished:

Spoiler

Note: In Wolverine: The Best There Is (which is where I took this costume/outfit from), Yi Yang wears water sleeves reach to the floor.

Picture of said sleeves:
Spoiler

As we don't have the graphics engine nor skopable parts to recreate those correctly (we'd need something that allowed me to make the fabric after the red band to flow like water and move about with her movements - including falling backwards down her arm like the water sleeve on her left arm - the one on her hip - is doing), I instead change it slightly and made those water sleeves just normal arm sleeves.  While it's not a perfect substitute, it's better than the clean arm look and closer to how Yi Yang appeared.

The face isn't great - it lacks the emotion that I normally try for - but that's a combination of rust and this being the first time I've actually skinned a female_versatile-esque head created by  Grenadier - I'm more used to the skinning the female_versatile heads that Ren uses or the regular female_basic setup.  Bit of a learning curve there...

BentonGrey

Great work, DJ!  Yeah, the face doesn't have your usual emotion and character, but she still looks quite good.  I love your work on the fabric.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

detourne_me

I think its fantastic! I understand how frustating it is for long fabrics in the game (been trying to skope a workable imperial guard from star wars for a while), but i think your decision with the sleeves was a great one.

Deaths Jester

Another WIP, another one that fills in missing Alphabet Villain List (for those wondering, the letters missing are D, G, I, L, N, U, and Z..so that might give you an idea on who this is).  Still got the "bustier", hair, shades, belt, and face to finish - that and I might darken the green a bit on her (am unsure at the moment). Anyways, let's see if anyone can guess this one:

Spoiler

One single hint (aside from the missing letters in the alphabet): This character was part of a over-arching story in one of Marvel comics that was dropped abruptly when Marvel - out of the blue - changed writer and artist mid-story.  She wasn't used by the new creative group and has languished in comic limbo ever since...

Deaths Jester

Okay, aside from DaGlob who guessed Commanda (it's not Commanda), no one has tired to posit who this character is.  SO, maybe a few more WIP pics of her will help you blokes out...

Spoiler

Body

Spoiler

Hair up-close

Spoiler
Unfinished face up-close

Now I still have some work to do - add in eyes, eyebrows, work the neck a bit, textures, ect - but I'm close to finishing her.

BentonGrey

Hmm, I don't recognize her, but that's a neat design and one you're doing a great job with!
God Bless

Deaths Jester

Well, because no one knows who she is...here's Insomnia (go look at her Marvel Appendix profile here!!)

Spoiler
Up-close finished face (even though she never appears without her glasses, I removed them on the left one so everyone could see the face work)

Spoiler
Completed - I picked this pose cause it seems to fit her pretty well

Alright...now you blokes need to start brushing up on your obscure Marvel characters...I only have the following letters left in the alphabet and I don't want to end up being the only one who knows the characters I'm doing.  :P

Letters left: D, G, L, N, U, and Z

BentonGrey

Haha, sorry DJ, but I'd have a better chance if it were DC.  You're out of my bailiwick! 

She looks great!  Great work man!  :D
God Bless