News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DJ's Den

Started by Deaths Jester, November 14, 2009, 04:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deaths Jester

Just a little wip work on der Zauberer...

Spoiler

1938 Uniform Ortho

Spoiler

1938 Awards up-close

Spoiler

1943 Uniform Ortho

Spoiler

1943 Awards up-close

Just a short work over on what everything is historically with the uniforms:

Uniform - dated around August 1938, the Allgemeine-SS (General SS) were still wearing the black uniforms and Nazi Party arm badge, they would change to the field grey the next year.  The white officer belt was issued only to those who served in the Liebstrande Adolf Hitler division

Ribbon Bar (left to right) - 1913-1918 Iron Cross, Honour Cross of World War I (aside from the WW I Iron Cross this was the only official service decoration from WWI the Nazi's allowed WWI vets to wear), SS 12-year long service medal, Anschluss Medal (entry into Austria), Sudenteland Medal (Entry into the Sudetenland)

Awards - Golden Party Badge of Honour (center of breast pocket; awarded by Hitler to the first 100,000 NSDAP members as well as those who performed outstanding services for the NSDAP); WWI Black Wound Badge (bottom left side of breast pocket; wounded once or twice);1914-1918 Iron Cross First Class (WWI Iron Cross); Veteran in Service with the Army or Police Chevron (left sleeve; mostly awarded to those who served in WWI)

Rank - Obersturmbanfurher (Lt Colonel equivalent) in the Liebstandarte Adolf Hitler Division (Adofl Hitler cuff title - right sleeve cuff; the Liebstandarte division started out as Hitler's bodyguard division under the command of Sepp Deitrich. Later on they would form one of the first and one of the more successful divisions of the Waffen-SS)

Uniform- dated around January 1943, by this time all SS member (whether originally Allgemeine-SS or Waffen-SS) wore the field grey uniform of the Waffen-SS.  Those that were not members of the Waffen-SS beforehand also ended up receiving ranks within the organization as well. By this time, everyone was also issued the black leather belt (officer's received the one shown).

Ribbon bar (left to right) - 1913-1918 Iron Cross, WWII Iron Cross First Class, Honour Cross of WWI, SS 12-year Long Service Medal, Anschulss Medal, Sudenteland Medal, Memel Medal (Entry into Memel Territory of Lithuania), Eastern Front 1941 to 1942 medal (Russian Front participation medal)

Awards - Knight's Cross with Silver Oakleaves (collar; the Knight's Cross came in five grades, this is the second which is above the regular Knight's Cross); Golden Party Badge of Honour (middle of breast pocket), Silver Wound Badge (lower left side of breast pocket; WWI wounds were counted as previous service wounds under the Nazi empire once war broke out); 1914 and 1939 Iron Cross Bar Set (awarded tot hose who had received the Iron Cross First Class in WWI and again in WWII); Golden Assault Badge (awarded to those who participated in 6 separate infantry or tank assaults); 2 Black Tank Destruction Strips (one atop the other on left sleeve; Black badges meant the recipient had destroyed a single tank without any help from armoured units, they'd stack them one over the other until they reached five tank destruction and then award a single gold strip); Veteran in Service with the Army or Police Chevron (lower left sleeve)

Rank - Brigadefuhrer/Generalmajor der Waffen-SS (Brigadier General equivalent) serving as a staff member to the SS High Command (the Reichfuhrung-SS cuff title - right sleeve cuff; those who served as staff members to Himmler and other SS High Command members wore this cuff title.  By this time, der Zauberer has moved away from serving in the field and taken over Karl Maria Wiligut's position as Himmler's personal magus (moving into more of a support role, as previously alluded to). Wiligut held the position until 1939 when "health problems" and the fact that the previously confidentially sealed papers showing Wiligut had previous spent time in a psychiatric ward after being deemed insane were released to the public in 1938 by Karl Wolff forced him to retire.  Himmler knew Wiligut's history but had kept the papers sealed from the public to avoid humiliation.)

Still got a ton of work to do on it...got two faces and two set of hands to do and a try out on some new skin colours..maybe...
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

Deaths Jester

Still got a long way to go before I deem this done but thought I'd let you blokes take a look at what I've got done on der Zauberer's 1938 face...

Spoiler

Face

Podmark

Creepy looking guy. Good job.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Deaths Jester

Alright,. finally got done with der Zauberer...

Originally he looked like this back when Car and I did the Nazi group:

Spoiler

And now he appears like such:

Spoiler
1938 Ortho

Spoiler
1943 Ortho

Spoiler
Both Faces Up-close

Spoiler
[/
In Action/Effects

Yes, you folks noticed correctly, the 1943 face is older/more drained looking...those dark arts take it out of you....

detourne_me

Deaths Jester

Well, he wouldn't be as awesome if not for the port of Doc Strange you did, DM. If not for the fx work you did, I wouldn't have been able to crib/study that work for these fxs.

detourne_me

Sweet! I'm glad people get more use of my skopes.  The work on those mystic FX look so crisp.  great job.

MikeB7

Hi there!  My name's Mike and I'm new to this thread.  Very cool detail work on your skins!  Such talent - I was wondering, do you have an avatar that you use in the Character Tool?  You have an interesting name and I would like to learn more about you and what you look like.
Sincerely,
-Mike

Deaths Jester

O_o

Mikey, what are you up too?!? We both know you know who I am and that you aren't new to this...

Are you trying to confuse me?!? And without vodka?!?

MikeB7

Advanced Interrogation Techniques.

I just wanna see your dang avatar skin, man!!!!  lol

Deaths Jester

Lol! You need a few more hours of torture training...

I'll see if I can find a pic of the last one I did (seven plus years ago) and post it...

UnkoMan

Oh man, the FX sell it so much.
They look dope.

Deaths Jester

Alright, on to the bruiser of the team, die Faust. Originally he appeared like this:

Spoiler

He hasn't changed too much in design since then but he now looks like this:

Spoiler
Ortho

Spoiler
Face up-close

Spoiler
Action

Only thing historical to mention on die Faust is the shirt/vest.  Each branch of the German Armed Forces has what they called "Sports Uniforms" - they came in three categories: track suits, workout wear, and swim wear -  that they used for sports events and PT that had the forces emblem plastered on it - Luftwaffe had their flying eagle; SS had the SS runes; the SA had a fancy SA emblem; The Wehrmacht/army (which die Faust wears) had the steel eagle.  So, what you see die Faust wearing is the sports vest from the workout wear of the Wehrmacht instead of the Wehrmacht coat - with those muscles, he'd be really constricted in a uniform coat.

Podmark

Looks great.
What sticks out the most to me is the improved cut of the shirt. Might seem like a small detail but just looks so much more realistic.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

MikeB7

I agree.  Your clothing and uniform work is quite pleasing, objective of the subject matter.  ;P   :)

Deaths Jester

...always about the cloth work, never a mention on the hair, eyes, face, or such. Oh well...

:P

MikeB7

To me you are only a seamstress.  I tell people you have rockin' clothes and a good personality.

Spoiler
I did admire your expression work, that ain't easy

daglob

WyldFyre

Got a few minutes to scan the forums and had to comment on these.

I agree that your uniforms and clothing are great. But the face work is incredible. I especially like der Zauberer. He looks like he is slowly turning into a drained husk from using his awful powers. Fantastic work there.
Die Faust looks like he is perpetually angry/depressed to me. His frown is very deep.
I forgot about Nebal. I like her unmasked. But either way would work.
For Freedom!

Cyber Burn

Quote from: Deaths Jester on October 24, 2018, 05:19:48 PM
Alright, on to the bruiser of the team, die Faust. Originally he appeared like this:

Spoiler

He hasn't changed too much in design since then but he now looks like this:

Spoiler
Ortho

Spoiler
Face up-close

Spoiler
Action

Only thing historical to mention on die Faust is the shirt/vest.  Each branch of the German Armed Forces has what they called "Sports Uniforms" - they came in three categories: track suits, workout wear, and swim wear -  that they used for sports events and PT that had the forces emblem plastered on it - Luftwaffe had their flying eagle; SS had the SS runes; the SA had a fancy SA emblem; The Wehrmacht/army (which die Faust wears) had the steel eagle.  So, what you see die Faust wearing is the sports vest from the workout wear of the Wehrmacht instead of the Wehrmacht coat - with those muscles, he'd be really constricted in a uniform coat.

While the updated version is fantastic, I have to admit, I kind of like the aged look of the original.

Deaths Jester

Alright, I need folks to be honest and tell me what colour they see this hair as: red head or blonde?  There is no wrong answer...well, unless you see something other than red head or blonde and then I want to know why you aren't sharing those pharmaceuticals.....but I just want you blokes input on it...

MikeB7

I see a redhead.  It *could* be a dirty blonde.  I see a redhead - sun-kissed or dye-returning-to-natural.

Incredible Bulk

Ahh how do you download those Nazis?
Sith Prime

Helix

daglob

Cyber Burn

Depends on where my screen is angled, but I'd still have to go more with a dirty blonde.

Deaths Jester

Quote from: Incredible Bulk on November 12, 2018, 10:42:48 PM
Ahh how do you download those Nazis?

Currently you can't as everything from Yi Yang forward (including the German bastads) has yet to be released.

MikeB7

So did I win?  Is there a prize?  *crosses fingers* :thumbup:

Deaths Jester

Quote from: MikeB7 on November 14, 2018, 05:26:29 PM
So did I win?  Is there a prize?  *crosses fingers* :thumbup:

No...no prize....wasn't a competition....  :P