Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

DJ's Den

Started by Deaths Jester, November 14, 2009, 04:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyber Burn

Best thing about this is, is that the whole community benefits.   :thumbup:

Deaths Jester

Because Benton doesnm't understand I hate skinning the colour orange, and because he can badger folks intot hings...Blackfire:

Ortho

Face

Now, yes, I'm bloody rusty and some of this is meh.....bound to happen.  You want it, go annoy Benton for it.  Me? I'm returning  top my dark corner and my vodka.
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

deanjo2000

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

daglob

SickAlice

You're not as rusty as you think you are. You were one of the skinners who originally inspired me to try harder on that end which isn't really otherwise my thing and I can see your skills are still present in the work. And yeah he's pretty persuasive. I have to learn that learn that trick. I could use someone with more experience to come by and fix my toilet.

Podmark

I think it looks great!
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

naitvalis

You don't look rusted at all, so get out of that dark corner and skin some 40k stuff :D!

OrWolvie1

Quote from: Deaths Jester on April 13, 2020, 05:21:04 PM
Because Benton doesnm't understand I hate skinning the colour orange, and because he can badger folks intot hings...Blackfire:

Ortho

Face

Now, yes, I'm bloody rusty and some of this is meh.....bound to happen.  You want it, go annoy Benton for it.  Me? I'm returning  top my dark corner and my vodka.

:eek2: DAMN! She's perfect! Awesome job, DJ!!  :thumbup:

windblown

That's not rusty! she looks fantastic :thumbup: I hope Benton keeps using his persuasion powers in you because we want more DJ skins  :P

Cyber Burn

A lot faster than I work, with much better results, too!

BentonGrey

Hahaha!  I'm not one in any position to condemn someone for taking their time producing something awesome.  How long have I been saying I'm going to revisit the DCUG?  :unsure:  Heck, it took me three or four years the first time around!

That's right, y'all don't let him off easy!  He's produced this gorgeous skin, and he's clearly still awesome! 

You hear that, DJ?  The people have spoken.  :D

Amazing work, DJ!  Like I said in my message, I really love the face.  It's just perfect for her arrogance and selfishness.  You can really capture character with amazing subtlety.  I'm always impressed!  Also, I didn't know you hate skinning orange. You wouldn't be interested in skinning some Orange Lanterns for me, huh?  :P

Also, DJ asked me to finish up a last detail, the reflections for some of the mesh pieces.  Can anyone point me to a tutorial about how to enable those?
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Cyber Burn

Quote from: BentonGrey on April 14, 2020, 06:34:54 PM

Also, DJ asked me to finish up a last detail, the reflections for some of the mesh pieces.  Can anyone point me to a tutorial about how to enable those?

Did I send you the tutorial on how to get rid of the "Shine" on imported Mesh Pieces? If so, that also works to add the Reflection and the Glow.

deanjo2000

Can I grab that too please :D
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/da3a3y1ac4uqp/FreedoForce

"sorry she couldn`t wait" superman to wonderman jla/avengers.

SickAlice

Quote from: Deaths Jester on April 13, 2020, 10:17:14 PM
You guys do know that that took me almost a month to get done with everything else I have going on, right? That's rust...super duper rust!!!

"with everything else going on" minding that though and that's all of us. That's actually a short time period and you know it. Most of that TMNT stuff I've been releasing has taken me over a year to put together with everything else going on. Give yourself credit where it's due mate.

Cyber Burn

Just slip him a bottle of Vodka, and he'll agree to anything.

BentonGrey

God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman

SickAlice

Always takes time DJ especially when it's a hobby we allocate in our real lives and all the drudgery. Everything has a Chapter 22. Likewise you take time because you try and do it the right way and you mind the details, that's all. Like a painting on canvas or a sculpture also takes time, a month easy as well. Just saying, don't diss yourself. You do fine work and you're an inspiration here as one of the classic members goes. You were one that inspired me to try and do more than just flat colored textures on my stuff, I'm otherwise just a modeler. And animations...yeah, got me there. Manually doing those is time consuming. Though when I say a year mostly it was because life had demands as does yours is all. Had a lot of family issues going on in short and I was on the road for months helping them out. So the time put in comes out to less. I just don't like seeing people down on themselves is all mind you. I wouldn't tolerate someone else talking down about any of you so it's hard to get with you coming down on yourself, you know? Anyways fantastic stuff as always and I always look forward to seeing more.

Sioux City Dynamo

DJ your faces are amazing!  Have you ever done a tutorial?
Io

Deaths Jester

Been skinning a few things (mainly old school Golden Age heroes that DaGlob and Cyberburn never did...kind of a nod to them/remembrance to them in a way) and posting them over at the Discord channel.  Here's what has been put up there:

NOTE: Pics are kind of large!

The Brazilian hero Aguila Negra (is a compilation of the cover images that he appears on mainly):

Spoiler
Ortho

Spoiler
Face

(If you read Portuguese go here here to read Aguila Negra comics)

And Brad Spencer aka Wonderman (as he appears in Wonder Comics):

Spoiler
Ortho

Spoiler
Face Ortho

(To read his comics, hit the Digital Comic book Museum and search the Better/Nedor/Standard/Pines Publications archines for: Mystery Comics #1-4 and Wonder Comics #9-20)

Podmark

Great stuff, and a fitting tribute.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

BentonGrey

I love that you're doing this, DJ.  It's an awesome memorial to our friends.

These guys both look great!  I like the rather odd colorscheme of Wonderman, but I imagine it wouldn't look as good if it weren't for the spark you've given it.
God Bless

naitvalis

Nice work Dj, i like the attention to the textures in the first one.

Deaths Jester

Two more Golden Agers in a continuation of the tribute. Up first is Harvey Comics' Red Blazer (he appeared as a second story in the short lived Pocket Comics). As per the previous ones, these are large pictures....

Spoiler
Ortho

Spoiler
Face Ortho

Spoiler
In Game w/ FX

Next up is MLJ Comics' Black Jack (he appeared as a second or third story in Zip Comics #20-35).

Spoiler
Ortho

That makes four which means they will be released at some point over at HeroForce.  Unsure if I'm going to continue this or not because there isn't a lot of interest it seems in them.  I've got four villains and two more heroes I know I can do but...<shrugs> 

You folks want to see more obscure Golden Agers speak up....

spydermann93

Freakin sweet, DJ!

Randomdays

Speaking up... more please.

WyldFyre

<raises hand> Color me interested. One of my favorite things about DaGlob was his bringing to light the previously unknown characters from the publishing houses of the early days. I for one am glad to see you keeping these characters coming. It is a fitting homage to his legacy.
For Freedom!

Deaths Jester

Crosspost from Discord:

QuoteSo my current plan is to try and do ten GA characters (five heroes, five villains) for this whole thing and then probably return to retirement.  There are those interested but not a lot.  That and the fact I'm running into the same problem that DaGlob ran into with certain characters I'd like to do but can't - missing pieces to skope to make them work, lack of teen/kid meshes, ect.  So this puts me at trying to find stuff that I can do - luckily I only got five more to do (four villains and one hero).

I also got two MLJ/Archie Comics villains done. First up is Baron Gestapo who faced off against Steel Sterling in Zip and Jackpot comics. And as usual, large pics follow:

Spoiler
Ortho

Spoiler
Face Ortho

After him we get The Hun who faced off against the Shield.

Spoiler
Ortho

Spoiler
Face Ortho

WyldFyre

Anything you do is appreciated DJ. And if i ever get time to finish setting up the website, I want to have a place for all those forgotten characters to live.

I really love the face work on Baron Gestapo. He just screams evil nazi! Thanks showing these off.
For Freedom!

Randomdays

Excellent skins. Unknown villains are just as good as unknown heroes.

cmdrkoenig67

Hey DJ,

These are some really great skins. Bravo on your work!

Dana