Note about a couple of messed up/bugged Nemesis missions

Started by GhostMachine, November 26, 2009, 03:53:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostMachine

Just thought I'd drop some info about a couple of Nemesis missions that have some problems, for anyone who doesn't read the Champions Online forum much. Because both of them drove me nuts:

1. Breaking Point: The mission description doesn't say it, but you need 3 people to finish the mission, because the end of the mission requires you to do something that won't happen unless you actually have 3 people along. No 3 people, the mission can't be finished, though you could probably have 3 people start the mission then let 1 or 2 of them leave. (Basically, you need 3 people to make something spawn that you need to end the mission)

2. Deathray Demolition: According to what I've read, this one has a lot of potential bugs. I personally ran into two: 1. The first time I did the mission, my Nemesis got frozen and couldn't be attacked. They get a mental force field around them that's supposed to drop after you defeat something else, but something went wrong and the Nemesis was frozen in place with the ff still up and they became untargettable; I had to reset the mission and do it over. 2. A henchman ghosted into part of the walls and only got defeated because there are two heroes you rescue that assist you on the mission and one of them went in after him, plus I got close and used Mini Mines. Spoiler, which I only recommend reading if you have trouble soloing:
Spoiler
This mission is the one where you arrest your current Nemesis for good, and due to something the Nemesis does it may be a tough fight, so consider bringing some help, unless you can manage to keep the two heroes you rescue alive for the fight.

Xenolith

I played the Bunker Buster mission the other day.  I think that is what it's called.  You end up with a team of heroes and fight against your Nemesis and a bunch of villains.  Well, all of the villains targted me for some reason...insta-death.  Probably not a bug, but I wish, in classic comic book fashion, the extra heroes and villains would have fought each other leaving me and my nemesis to square off against each other. 

Valandar

Just as an FYI about the Breaking Point mish, this has been fixed - it is now soloable.
"I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy. ...All right, hand me the bomb."  - Ultra Magnus

No, I am NOT accepting suggestions or requests at this time.

GhostMachine

Yes. They changed Breaking Point by making it soloable, getting rid of the second robot.

I think Deathray Demolition has been fixed as well, because it went fine the last two times I've run it.

All of the villians targeting you in Bunker Buster had to be a bug, Xenolith. I've never heard of that happening before. Hope you reported it. (I just started on my 5th Nemesis and have only had the Bunker Buster mission once, unfortunately.)

Xenolith

It was sort of funny.  I didn't report it.  It wasn't a big deal.

Spoiler
My favorite part of that mission is when you go into the room with the two heroes locked in stasis.  You have to choose one to free but the other will die.
One of them says, "You can save us both if you are fast enough."  
"Okay," I thought, and then I turned on super speed.  
GLONK!  
"AAAAAAAAAAAAARHG!"  
"She'll be okay."  
Oh man, thanks for the advice, super-jerk.  :)

I still haven't finished off my first Nemesis.  I'm thinking about making Colonel Mustard, next.  He will be a steam tech single blade guy, I think.  All these other clue jerks framed Mister Green for the murder of Mister Black/Mister Body.  Now Mister Green is going to bring them to justice.  :)

bat1987

I like bunker buster, really fun to play, and Supervillains you fight will vary, so its always fun to see which ones did u get. I think the stasis thingy can be solved if u team up with someone, but I solo the nem missions so I cant confirm this.
I only wish they add an alternative to Deathray Demolition (final showdown with your nem), its has a real epic feel to it and all, but gets tiring after doing it several times.

GhostMachine

The reason I want Bunker Buster again is for a shot at the Red Dawn action figure. I didn't know you had to clean out all the other parts of the base except the final room before doing the room the Soviets show up in for him to spawn, and missed a room the one time I did it.

My new Nemesis is a Fire Mastermind named Red Ghoul with Super Strength Undead henchmen. Used a costume I had already designed and originally intended to use for a hero at some point for him.

bat1987

Quote from: GhostMachine on April 08, 2010, 03:54:34 PM
The reason I want Bunker Buster again is for a shot at the Red Dawn action figure.

You and me both  :D

Xenolith

I thought I cleaned out the entire base.  I didn't see any soviets.  Dag!