Artemis' scribbles: 2nd September 2013. Portfolio Prep

Started by Artemis, January 06, 2010, 01:02:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daglob

Regarding Sea Urchin, have you thought about gill slits on the back between the ribs?

Artemis

daglob : I han't thought of that but it would definately work, and they'd be visible if i made the dress a racer back. Thanks for that.

Nait and Pod : thanks very much guys.

I've got some non FF related stuff to show, just some work that i'm doing to add to my portfolio. It's all still to be put together properly but here we go:

LARGE IMAGES

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

The last image i'm using as the cover to my portfolio, it's an update of a previous piece i've shown with the OLD version on the right.

Deaths Jester

Not sure if this has been said or not...or if I'm even the right person to say it, but your flesh tones are a bit bland looking.  What I mean is that they are mainly similar colours with slight hue or saturation variances while flesh is a wide range of colours.  Much like the rules never use pure black or pure white, flesh requires a range of colours aside from the "peach" (for Caucasian) tones to render.  I found Lauren K. Cannon's skin tutorials on deviantArt (gallery is here) extremely useful for my own work.  As I said, I'm not sure I'm the right person to have said it, because truthfully I'm perhaps one of the lower rankers when it comes to drawing/painting on FR (though others will say otherwise, I know better).
Avatar picture originally a Brom painting entitled Marionette.

daglob

I like the redhead in the blue dress.

Designed an aquatic super hero years and years ago, and decided that the whole gills in the neck thing didn't work. If the gills were in the back, and the slit in the back was actually one "rib" below the corresponding opening in the lung, there should be enough muscle to work as well as a "normal". The muscles would work to close the gills when "lung breathing". The latissimus (sp?) dorsi sometimes looks rather thin over the ribs in the back (at least if Neal Adams or John Buscema draws it), and that seemed to be the best place to put them. (I need my copy of "Drawing the Dynamic Figure" in front of me).

Toonwriter73

I love how Sea Urchin looks in this. If I didn't know better, that's just how she'd look older and be a wife to El Diablo, right?