News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Two previously released skopes

Started by hoss20, January 06, 2010, 07:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoss20

I had erroneously posted these in the Meshes forum, thinking that they might get more views that way, and was instructed that they belong here. So, forgive me if you've seen these before and also for being lazy, as I'm just going to copy and paste my original posts into this one.
  So, here's my take on the current Colossus look. I admit, I don't really follow X-men, so I apologize if I haven't captured him properly. I only tried to find reference pics online. I used Ren's Superman mesh (I did make him a little taller) and added pieces from Tommyboy's Iron_man_Mk20_tvlite. I used C6's metal_base_lines skin for my base (I apologize for not changing the face, but I really like the way it looks). Besides making the mesh taller, I've also added Yellow Lantern's grapple animation to the keyframes. I want to thank all of the original creators for allowing all of us to use their work.

All right, Thor fans. This is my first foray into using Blender to modify a mesh. I was inspired by Ewzzy and his tutorial. I used Irrational's Male_Hulking as a base. There were some better meshes to use, but being that that Blender modification is new and there would seem to be valid debate on whether this would need new permissions beyond skoping/hexing, I decided to play it safe. Anyway, I've felt for a long time that Mangog needed to be made and being a huge Thor fan, I just had to give it a shot. His look seems to change depending on who is drawing him, so I hope that this version is acceptable. I did make him bigger to reflect his 12 foot height. I hope that you all will forgive this amateurish attempt, but I hope that some of you can get some use out of this until one of the real mesh makers takes up the challenge. Thanks to Tommyboy, Vertex, and Grenadier for allowing me to use their mesh pieces.

The meshes can be found here: http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/hoss20/