News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Area34's Area - BEEP BEEP mandroid BEEP BEEP

Started by area34, January 14, 2010, 05:29:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xenolith

The goons work, but the skins are dark.  At least thats the issue on my machine.

area34

Okay I'll reskope them. But first -

He still needs the bolts fixed but other than that he should be done. I was trying to keep him 100% Tommyboy but in the end I was already having to skope everything anyways so I moved him onto Gren's new Iron Man mesh so he now has FXs. I'm not sure if I should give him something more low tech than repulsors for flight though.

I went ahead and recessed the eyes. The Casey books use are variation of this armor and the eyes are just cutouts (it also has more seams on the helmet but I like it simple and clean). I have two versions thanks to Style's suggestion and I now prefer the eyed version (even though under his helmet his eyes are so far apart he must be a fish.)

He would have been done yesterday but my tired self skinned his knees on backwards and didn't notice till I was taking screen shots.

murs47

Podmark

Wow that's really nice. You're getting too good at this.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

area34

I'm closing out the PSD's on this. I did a a couple versions of the grey and I'm not sure which ones to keep. The textured one is my front runner. I did a version of the gold textured also (it was a brushed gold streak look) but it made it look dirty so I scrapped it.

Podmark

I prefer the non textured version myself. Also I prefer the black eye slots and mouth. Never liked it when you could see Ironman's face.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

Xenolith

I like to see the face, but I'll never really see it while playing the game.

I don't know about those extra segments in the legs.  It makes him look like Stilt Man. 

They are very cool skins.

Scorpion13mk2

Those are some damn fine skins there, but I gotta agree on the leg segments. Also, maybe releasing two versions of the skins, one with black eye and mouths and visible eyes and mouths might not be a bad idea.

Any chance of seeing a cool Mandarin Silver Age skin to go along with Iron Man here? Eh? Eh?

murs47

Tough choice. I like the bottom left the most because of the color. The rest are all equally good so it's hard to make a 2nd choice.

area34

I was basing the skin off of a more recent series and that one had that many leg segments. I didn't know it was different. Is the classic just knees and ankles?

I'll release him with/without face but I'm not sure how many versions though. The consensus with family and friends is that the simple gray and simple gold are the ones to go with. Murs, your so far the only one to like the blue tinted one and there is no love anywhere for the roughed up metal.

As for Mandarin. I've wanted a Mandarin myself. If I were to ever do one it would need a new skope/mesh and right now I'm trying to just skin(this Iron Man wasn't supposed to be any skoping but... it had some issues that needed fixed).

On the bright side for Iron Man fans I'm hard at work on another Iron Man armor, one that has never had a skin with it.

Xenolith

I did a little browsing online, and the gold armor has been drawn a ton of different ways, even by Heck, Kirby, and whomever else took a shot at it.  I'd say go with what you like.  

I then flipped through my Marvel Masterworks and saw that he didn't have repulser beams in his hands, but then again, he had all kinds of gadgets, so repulsers (how do you spell that, anyway?) wouldn't have been way out of line.

laughing paradox

crimsonquill

Quote from: Xenolith on June 05, 2010, 02:24:44 AM
I then flipped through my Marvel Masterworks and saw that he didn't have repulser beams in his hands, but then again, he had all kinds of gadgets, so repulsers (how do you spell that, anyway?) wouldn't have been way out of line.

Area, don't worry about the repulser beams on the Mark 2 armor because if you pick up issues of Avengers: The Origin LS the artist added them into his design (although they are just used as flight stablizers not used as projectile weapons.. so far).

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

Artemis

Iron man (men??) is incredible, love all of them, I like how you tried the texture, even though i think it looks slightly odd in comparison to the others, I really like it. Adds a little bit of grit and realism.
And the other work you've done, especially your av and mandroids, just wow!

heroidosilencio

Area34, where can I find your fantastic meshes? I loved Lex Luthor and Booster Gold and many others.

The megalist points to a wrong adress. Do you still have these meshes online and if not, could you send them to me?

luisfernandodelpol@yahoo.com

Cyber Burn

For future reference, these types of posts should go in the "Requests" Forums.

Area34's not currently active, but he does have a Yahoo Group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Area34s_FFF/info

Unfortunately, not all of his Skopes/Skins have made it into his Group. I do have some that are not in his Yahoo Group, so if you want to E-Mail me a list of Area34's stuff that you're looking for, I'll try and send you what I have.