News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

Mass Effect 2

Started by detourne_me, January 14, 2010, 06:15:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

detourne_me

Anybody elseplan on getting this?
I splurged and got the digital deluxe edition pre-order on Steam..... doesn't even include DLC yet, but ummm.... it's Deluxe!

bat1987

Definitely getting it, I`m even gonna import my character from the first game. Can`t wait!

Talavar

I'll be getting it as soon as possible.

Ares_God_of_War

Preordered it for 360. I wasnt a fan of this game on PC just like I wasnt a fan of Dragonage on 360.
"That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange eons even death may die."

catwhowalksbyhimself

Definitely interested as long as there isn't any more sex/language/nudity than there was in the first one.  So far only one character concerns me (Agent Zero) and her latest trailer is much more toned down than the earlier one, so I think I probably will get it.

Keep in mind that importing your character pretty much only means that you import the choices you made throughout the game. The skills will be different, so your stats will mostly start over.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

kkhohoho

Does anyone know the system requirements? I have two computers and one laptop now, but I'm not sure if any would be up to snuff for ME2. (Or even ME1 or DA:O, for that matter.)
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

TheMarvell

this is a day one buy for me. I've been eagerly waiting for it, and trying my hardest to beat anything I have left to play, not to mention holding off on buying other games (Darksiders looks oh so tempting...)

ME1 was the reason I bought a 360, and I wasn't disappointed (in the game, that is. Hardware is another story. Read my other topic, lol)

catwhowalksbyhimself

You'd need a pretty nice system. Let me check the Impulse entry, that should tell me.

Here we go.

Minimum:
Processor: 1.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
Memory: 1 GB RAM for Windows XP / 2 GB RAM for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Hard Drive: 15 GB
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c August 2008 (included)
Input: Keyboard / Mouse
Video Card: 256 MB (with Pixel Shader 3.0 support). Supported Chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or greater; ATI Radeon X1600 Pro or greater. Please note that NVIDIA GeForce 7300, 8100, 8200, 8300, 8400, and 9300; ATI Radeon HD3200, and HD4350 are below minimum system requirements. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required. Intel and S3 video cards are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2.

Recommended:
Processor: 2.6+ GHz Cure 2 Duo Intel or equivalent AMD CPU
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, or better recommended
Sound Card: 100% DirectX compatible sound card and drivers
DirectX: DirectX August 2008
NOTES: For the best results, make sure you have the latest drivers for your video and audio cards. Laptop or mobile versions of the above supported video cards have not had extensive testing and may have driver or other performance issues. As such, they are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2. Intel and S3 video cards are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2.
I am the cat that walks by himself, all ways are alike to me.

kkhohoho

Quote from: catwhowalksbyhimself on January 14, 2010, 11:52:04 PM
You'd need a pretty nice system. Let me check the Impulse entry, that should tell me.

Here we go.

Minimum:
Processor: 1.8GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or equivalent AMD CPU
Memory: 1 GB RAM for Windows XP / 2 GB RAM for Windows Vista and Windows 7
Hard Drive: 15 GB
Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible
DirectX: DirectX 9.0c August 2008 (included)
Input: Keyboard / Mouse
Video Card: 256 MB (with Pixel Shader 3.0 support). Supported Chipsets: NVIDIA GeForce 6800 or greater; ATI Radeon X1600 Pro or greater. Please note that NVIDIA GeForce 7300, 8100, 8200, 8300, 8400, and 9300; ATI Radeon HD3200, and HD4350 are below minimum system requirements. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required. Intel and S3 video cards are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2.

Recommended:
Processor: 2.6+ GHz Cure 2 Duo Intel or equivalent AMD CPU
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Video Card: ATI Radeon HD 2900 XT, NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, or better recommended
Sound Card: 100% DirectX compatible sound card and drivers
DirectX: DirectX August 2008
NOTES: For the best results, make sure you have the latest drivers for your video and audio cards. Laptop or mobile versions of the above supported video cards have not had extensive testing and may have driver or other performance issues. As such, they are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2. Intel and S3 video cards are not officially supported in Mass Effect 2.

Hmm...It's possible, but I'd have to double-check. And, it would only work on my one computer that actually has a memory card put out in 2009. Gonna have to see what it is. Oh, and can I assume that if I met ME2's recommended requirements, ME1 and DA:O would probably work as well? (Don't have a PS3 or a 360 you know.)
The Golden Age; 'A different look at a different era.'

http://archiveofourown.org/works/1089779/chapters/2193203

Podmark

Has anyone read the text under my av lately?
So yeah I'm definitely getting this game. I only played the first one a few months ago when I got my 360 and I loved it. Potentially my favorite game ever. Previews look awesome and having the choices from the first game carry over is such a great idea.

I didn't preorder, I want to see what deals are out there when it comes out. I'll buy it first day if I find time.

I'm in the middle of Dragon Age but I'll probably put that on hold while I play through ME2. And hopefully the DA:O 360 patch will be out by the time I'm ready to play again.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

GhostMachine

I probably won't pre-order, but I definitely will get it.

Wanted to get the first game before, but my old computer couldn't handle it and I couldn't find the PC version of it for sale anywhere anyway. I just got it off Steam last month during their holiday sale and am on my second playthrough (using the same game, with Shepard as a Vanguard/Shock Trooper; Shepard was lvl 48 when I finished the first time through, and I'm trying to get the Throw and Lift achievements, because I didn't use Biotics much when I finished the game).

The_Baroness

can't wait to get it, honestly :)

JeyNyce

Going to get the collectors ed. when it comes out.  Trying to finish the first one before this one comes out
I don't call for tech support, I AM TECH SUPPORT!
It's the internet, don't take it personal!

TheMarvell

Ok. This was a day 1 buy for me already. But after seeing the latest trailer on TV. I can't WAIT to play this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHkkAk8xvdI

So, freaking, epic. And with class and style too, unlike most games these days, which feel like they try too hard. I really didn't care for earlier commercials with the mockumentary interviews of all the characters, as it came off as really lame to me ("I'm joining Shepard because I like to fight and kill things!!" Ugh) but this trailer has got me incredibly excited. I don't think I've looked forward to a game like this since, well, the first Mass Effect. And before that it was Legacy of Kain Defiance in 2003, lol.

GhostMachine

I did end up pre-ordering it at Gamestop, after all. Sadly, they had quit taken pre-orders for the Collector's Edition, but there's always a chance someone will cancel theirs. I paid for the whole thing at once instead of putting money down, but if they don't get a CE in that I can pick up for another $10, I may get the strategy guide, too.

And I've pretty much given up on getting Shepard to 60 in ME. I did a second runthrough, and he was lvl 48 at the start, 58 at the end of the second run, and I don't feel like doing a third. Did get the Throw achievement but not the Lift one. (Probably shouldn't have used Liara on my team so much.....)

For the second runthrough, I did the following:

Sacrificed Kadian and hooked up with Williams.

Killed the Rachni queen (which I'm not sure was a good idea).

Let Helena Blake or whatever her name is take over as crimelord. (I figure she might owe Shepard a favor in 2 or 3 for that)

Shot the ExoGeni guy in cold blood, more or less.

Told Joker to have the Alliance ships focus on taking out Sovereign so the Council got wiped out.

Picked Captain Anderson to be the new Council rep. One of my favorite actors, Keith David, so Captain Anderson's voice and the Ambassador is a world class jerk (I really hope we get a chance to kill him or at least let him die in ME2 or 3 if he shows up), so I will always pick Anderson.

One rumor I've been hearing about 2 is that Tali might be a romance option. Ugh. One of my favorite characters, but....NO!

If it was a true RPG instead of a FPS/RPG hybrid, ME would be my favorite RPG. As it stands, that would be either Final Fantasy X or Xenosaga Episode I.

Podmark

Yeah the launch trailer is pretty epic. Not sure when I'll get this, I'd like to get it first day but I might not have time. I'm also considering the Collector's Edition if I see it there, it's only $10 more but it doesn't include anything I really really want so I'm might pass, not sure yet.

There will be a free DLC squad member for Mass Effect 2, just like Dragon Age: Origins. There's supposed to some other free DLC stuff too.

About romance:
Spoiler

If the info I've read is correct then male Shepard will be able to romance: Miranda, Subject Zero, Tali, and Kelly. And female Shepard will be able to romance: Jacob, Thane, Garrus, and Kelly. Keep in mind your romance from the first game carries on into this one if you import your save.

Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

GhostMachine

Actually, I've read some spoilers by people who have already played and beaten the game (I guess they must've gotten it illegally, or something), and romance-wise,
Spoiler
Kelly apparently isn't an option for females; there's no same sex option this time. Also, the Tali romance option is apparently disappointing, because you don't get to see her face. They're still keeping what Quarans look like a secret, it looks like.

I've been avoiding any major spoilers. Found out from the GameFAQs board that the official ME2 forums are a no-no, because they've apparently got massive spoilers being posted already.

Podmark

Besides the illegal stuff, some stores sold it early. Saw that on Wikipedia.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

GogglesPizanno

I'm pickin it up tomorrow and I'm desperately trying to get some time to play this week (work is running me ragged and i don't get sick time, so no "mental health day"). I read about all the spoiler talk online and have been avoiding anything that might ruin it for me.

captmorgan72

Saw the trailer during the NFC Championship game and was blown away. This game will be epic no doubt.

GhostMachine

Check this site out:

http://www.masseffect2faces.com - Some pretty good faces on there.

captmorgan72

One hour into Mass Effect 2 and wow, wow and wow!!! Sooo very cool to see my custom Commander Shepard again. Already seeing the results of some of my choices in ME1 and that is so awesome. Going to savor this game like the world's finest steak.  :thumbup:

Here is my custom Commander Shepard from the first game. He looks so much better with the upgraded graphics. He looks as close to me as I could get him. http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n301/captmorgan72/IM000581.jpg

Here is a picture of me on vacation. What do you think? Did I get close? http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n301/captmorgan72/me.jpg

Talavar

I'd beaten the first Mass Effect once, and got about halfway through with a second character, and I thought I'd be able to import the second character into Mass Effect 2 (the char I want to use in the game).  I have since learned that's not doable, so I'm hurrying to refinish 1 before moving on to 2.  It's driving me crazy.

GhostMachine

Looks pretty darn close, I'd say, capt.

I need to take a picture of my custom Shepard. I've got one from the first game, I think. But not the second. Definitely looks better in the second game, except for the scars, which don't match his scar in the first game. I've noticed the scars look more like surgical incisions that haven't healed, so I'm hoping that's what they're intended to be and go away after awhile.

Right now, I'm at the part where you're assisting Archangel (don't want to drop any spoilers for anyone who doesn't have the game yet or hasn't done that part yet, so sticking with calling the character that). Decided to go take care of that before going after Mordin.

I picked up the strategy guide, too. Considered getting the Collector's Edition strategy guide, but decided it wasn't worth the extra $10 just because its a hardback and has a couple of extra things in it.

Question for everyone: What class are you playing in ME2, and if you're using the same Shepard as you used in ME1, what class did you use in it if you changed? (My Shepard I left alone; he's Vanguard (Had the Shock Trooper specialty in the first game)

Podmark

Picked it up tonight, just got the regular edition, was really tempted to hunt down a CE though.

My ME1 save imported fine. Kinda sad fact when I played ME1 I just selected the default Shepard, didn't customize him at all. Originally I was just playing to try the game for a bit and then restart and customize, but I got hooked right away and kept going. I actually prefer using the default appearance but I would have liked to choose some of the bio options. I was a soldier last time, I think I specialized into a shock trooper. This time I'm a Vanguard though I seriously considered the Sentinel or Soldier.

The imported the save thing is such a fantastic idea.

I played a couple of hours tonight and got on board the ship. I'm a little disappointed with the game - not because anything is wrong but because I had super high expectations. But it's great, I'm really enjoyed meeting the new cast and the returnees.

I haven't touched anything DLC yet. Zaeed has been delayed at least a couple days and I saw on the forums people are having all kinds of trouble with the EA accounts, so I thought I'd let things settle before jumping in.

Word to the wise: For the 360 version if you have an SDTV (like me) the text for ME2 is super small. Some of it is nearly unreadable. As far as I've gone the game is still playable but some of the text documents are a lot of guess work to read - but most of that is non-essential so far.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

GhostMachine

Actually, they do have Zaeed out already. They have him and a Normandy Crash Site mission up as DLC. I started to download Zaeed, but its a big file and was going to take a long time to download, so I decided to wait to get the DLC.

I've tried the M-490 Blackstorm Projector, and that gun is freakin' sweet! You have to charge it up by holding down the firing button, so its not something you want to use while facing an army of enemies, but it IS good for taking out a whole bunch at long range. Doesn't hold a lot of ammo, though. I only had 2 or 3 shots with it when I first used it. Didn't switch to the Terminus armor (you can't take the helmet off, apparently), but I did recolor the armor Shepard starts with.

Incidentally, they have a promotion going on with Dr. Pepper; if you pick up any of the single serving bottles, they're supposed to have a code under the cap you can use to download some special DLC for different games, and one of them is ME2. I've heard you get two helmets and a visor, apparently, but someone said the ME2 downloads haven't been activated yet, so if you get a code hold onto it for a few days. (I believe you have to pick what you download after entering the code) I have a code (bought a Diet Dr. Pepper and have half of it left in the fridge) and am going to use it as soon as I hear its usable for the game.

Only thing I don't like about being a Vanguard in the game? Charge is risky. NOT a good idea to use it when you're facing a lot of enemies or really need cover. I've only use it once so far.

Podmark

Zaeed is up? I thought for sure I read on the Bioware forum that he was delayed a couple of days. Did you actually start downloading him? Or just purchase it.

I heard about the Dr. Pepper DLC thing, supposedly it might take a week for those to get up. Not sure if the promotion is being carried out in Canada.

I didn't preorder so no bonus items for me, but the Blackstorm sounds pretty sweet.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page

GhostMachine

Quote from: Podmark on January 27, 2010, 05:37:07 AM
Zaeed is up? I thought for sure I read on the Bioware forum that he was delayed a couple of days. Did you actually start downloading him? Or just purchase it.

I heard about the Dr. Pepper DLC thing, supposedly it might take a week for those to get up. Not sure if the promotion is being carried out in Canada.

I didn't preorder so no bonus items for me, but the Blackstorm sounds pretty sweet.

I actually started downloading. The file is almost half a gig, though. Was going to take about 45 minutes to download. Probably due to people clogging the server to get it. I'm downloading it now, and its only going to take around 4 to 5 minutes.

If you're familiar with the power Singularity, the Blackstorm is basically a weapon version of it. You aim the weapon then hold the trigger and it fires a projectile that explodes into something similar to Singularity or a black hole that explodes with a lot of force after a bit. The problem is you have to charge the power up, and it takes about 4 seconds for it to fire, so its not something you'd want to use in the middle of a fight where you should be taking cover. And it doesn't hold a lot of ammo. Its a heavy weapon and apparently Shepard is the only one who can use heavy weapons (no idea if Zaeed can; the strategy guide doesn't include the DLC), no matter what class he is.

Looks like I'm going to have to head back to the ship after I'm done recruiting Archangel before I go after Mordin. Was looking through the strategy guide and I missed picking up a few assignments on the ship, which are mostly supply pick-ups done at Omega.  

captmorgan72

Quote from: GhostMachine on January 27, 2010, 04:32:16 AM

Question for everyone: What class are you playing in ME2, and if you're using the same Shepard as you used in ME1, what class did you use in it if you changed? (My Shepard I left alone; he's Vanguard (Had the Shock Trooper specialty in the first game)

In the first game I was a soldier.
Spoiler
Decided to switch to Vanguard after learning Shepard gets rebuilt. Figured it would make sense. Shepard even mentions that he noticed that he received some upgrades, that was cool.

Podmark

GhostMachine are you on PC or 360? It's just the 360 that had the delayed Zaeed I think.
Get my skins at:
HeroForce
my Google page