News:

Rings of Reznor!

Main Menu

CrimsonQuill's Skopes: HAMMER Troopers

Started by crimsonquill, January 27, 2010, 01:24:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crimsonquill

EDIT: Reposted from the Mesh area

I guess since I am on a roll skoping these days might as well start my own thread for comments..

X-Force and X-Men just love beating up bad guys and who doesn't want to beat up a few Purifiers?

Wait, did I say FEW? Yes, I did... because my newest release comes with 4 different skopes!!!!

First you have on the left is Purifier_Energy (a skope of Punisher_TJ with new weapons added by Area34)
In the middle is Purifier_Leader aka Matthew Risman (a skope of Punisher_Gren)
On the right is Purifier_Shotgun (a skope of Punisher_TJ with all the original weapons left intact)
And flying up at the top is Purifier_Choir (a skope of VXArchangel)

And where do I download them? Here of course... http://drop.io/crimsonquill/asset/purifier-skopescq-zip

What do you folks think?

I'm not sure what I am going to start working on next but I am sure it will hit me when I least expect it..  :unsure:

- CQ
"He said let there be light... CLICK! It was a lightbulb. And It was good."

crimsonquill

Expanding on the previous Purifier skopes.. I have added Bastion's Purifiers from X-Force.

And once again I have a release with 3 different skopes!!!

First you have on the left is Purifier_Elite (a skope of Male_Basic_Noface with Hydra_Soldier_Ren keyframes with pulse rifle)
In the middle is Bastion (a skope of VXMale with wig from VXTempest and goatee from VXWizard_Marvel)
On the right is Purifier_Tech (same as Purifier_Elite but with a base of Male_Basic instead and parts from my earlier Purifiers)

You can download them here: http://drop.io/crimsonquill/asset/purifier-bastion-skopes-zip

- CQ

BentonGrey

Dana, your skopes are, of course, impressive as I've already said, but let me add that those skins are quite nice too.  Bastion is especially cool.
God Bless
"If God came down upon me and gave me a wish again, I'd wish to be like Aquaman, 'cause Aquaman can take the pain..." -Ballad of Aquaman
Check out mymods and blog!
https://bentongrey.wordpress.com/

Previsionary

Dana? Someone caught a case of the confusions. :P. Good work, Crimson, especially since you're new to the game. Keep it up.
Disappear when you least expe--

crimsonquill

And finally she is done... my skope of Martha Johansson aka No-Girl!

As you can tell I pretty much rebuilt her hoverpod from scratch upon finding the perfect rounded piece hidden among Tommy's male_versatile mesh parts. Almost 90% of Martha is from Tommyboy's versatile mesh which is pretty amazing.  :lol:

You can download her here: http://drop.io/crimsonquill/asset/martha-cq-zip

One of many skopes to come since I am going to take on the task of doing Xorn's Special Class..

Next up: Beak!

Blkcasanova247

I can't help it that I look so good baby! I'm just a love machine!

detourne_me

I gotta say CQ that martha johanson is Amazing! Btw that beak slope is super old. I think you'd have no trouble making a much better version.

docdelorean88

Hey! CQ, i remember you being interested in a Spectacular Spiderman Style Green Goblin, any interest in skoping him with your newly acquired skills?
"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

crimsonquill

Quote from: docdelorean88 on January 30, 2010, 10:04:20 PM
Hey! CQ, i remember you being interested in a Spectacular Spiderman Style Green Goblin, any interest in skoping him with your newly acquired skills?

Yeah, I'm sure that many of the Spectacular Spider-Man villains will be on my to-do list shortly once I get all of the mutants that I always wanted out of my system..

- CQ

docdelorean88

"Roads, Where we're going we don't need... Roads"

crimsonquill

Ugh!!!  :banghead:

Looks like I will be swapping out the previous version of Martha with a "fixed" skin in the near future since apparently when I converted the TGA files to DDS they mysteriously all changed to blue.  :huh:  Yeah, I don't understand it either. And being the genius that I am.. I didn't back up my previous Martha skins before converting them which means that my originals were lost to Smurfdom.

Now I know that reskinning her shouldn't take too long but when I went to mess with her in the game and she had suddenly transformed I realized that my released version would also be like this. So my apologizes for all those that downloaded her and were suddenly going "WTF?" when she popped up on your screens.

- CQ

area34

Just curious, what program do you use to convert to dds? I do everything in Photoshop but I haven't been able to figure out how to convert to dds without losing quality.

crimsonquill

Quote from: area34 on January 31, 2010, 07:00:33 PM
Just curious, what program do you use to convert to dds? I do everything in Photoshop but I haven't been able to figure out how to convert to dds without losing quality.

I use DDS Converter 2 (http://www.filefront.com/4470512/DDS-Converter-2.1/) which seems to be a favorite among the modding community.. now the version I had been using apparently is an older version because my link says there is a now a 2.1 version.. so who knows if that might fix these odd blue conversions.

- CQ

crimsonquill

And after digging out from a week of snowmageddon here in Virginia  :wacko:.. I finally finished my latest skope...

I promised after doing Martha that I would continue Xorn's Special Class and Beak seemed like the most in demand since he was a part of Morrison's New X-Men but Exiles as well...

Those that took a look at my preview in the Hex section (http://freedomreborn.net/forums/index.php?topic=48949.msg708938#msg708938) would notice that I replaced the base with Ink's Kinetic because it had the short sleeves on the jacket that I needed but pants that looked much better. Plus I made huge improvements in finding better pieces to complete his bird-like look and decided to make his hands more 3-finger claw like after all. And if you look at my skin very closely maybe you might get the inside joke I threw into his clothing design (bonus points if you can pick it out).

You can download the skope here: http://drop.io/crimsonquill/asset/beak-cq-zip

A few questions for those might might be willing to help me... Where is the FX for the thrown baseball bat or is there anyway to make one?  And I wanted to alter Beak's keyframes so that he would flap his arms to fly but with the baseball bat added on none of the keyframe changes I did would work. How could I achieve this?

Note: I had planned on making Barnell's new costumed look while he was part of New Warriors as Blackhawk.. I probably will do that when I get better at making skins and if enough people request that costume (however most fans rather forget that team happened).

I think that Beak's girlfriend Angel obviously will be next..

- CQ

crimsonquill

When I was skoping Beak I realized that the base mesh could throw his baseball bat.. but for the life of me I couldn't remember if there was an existing FX for this.

So, I figured I'd take the skoping challenge and make my first custom FX for FFvsT3R...

and you can download it here: http://drop.io/crimsonquill/asset/baseballbat-throw-fx-zip

- CQ

murs47

Sledgehammer

Excellent, Crimson!

You have actually developed other skills (we're talking only FF-related skills here, of course), besides sound editing. That's great, and I admire skinning, meshing and skoping works in general because they are more than I can handle. I'm just sticking to the one thing I know how to do, and try to be good at it.

Martha Johansson (your best skope so far, a character so unique it's cool to have her in the game) and Beak are very good, as well as the Purifiers. As a Marvel (and particularly X-Men) fan, I'm glad you got time to create them.

crimsonquill

And after some offline issues that kept me busy for the last week or so.. I'm back to work and finally able to release some work..

My newest skope is another of Xorn's Special Class.. Angel Salvadore, who is Beak's girlfriend.

As you might not be able to tell.. my previous skope on Ink's Wasp was abandoned because I couldn't get the animations to work correctly and had major clipping issues with the Jacket on a female mesh. I remembered that a certain female mesh could be skoped onto male meshes and since Grenadier's Beetle mesh had the animations I wanted to use.. it seemed like I needed to start over with a whole new approach to the character. And here we are with my finished skope...

Meshes: Beetle (keyframes and core) by Grenadier, female_pants_shirt (base) by Lord Ehmsidy/Ewzzy, Cyclops_Emp (jacket and belt) by AfghanAnt, Female_Versitile (Afro) by Tommyboy, VXFly (wings) by Vertex, and Patriot (earrings) by Renegade.

I definitly will revisit this mesh later and possibly work on a new version of Janet Van Dyne's Wasp building off my skope if anyone is interested.

You can download my skope here: http://drop.io/crimsonquill/asset/angel-cq-zip

My next skope will be my own take on the MRD (Mutant Response Divison) Troopers from the new X-Men toon (they are also apparently making their official comic book appearance during Second Coming).

- CQ

crimsonquill

Looks like it's time for another release... and once again it's a trilogy of skopes!

And it's something more of a interpretation of these characters since they only exist in cartoon form for the moment.

Let me introduce you to...

MRD (Mutant Response Division)

Now those of you who have no idea who these skopes are based on... MRD Troops (or Marties) are a military police force from the "Wolverine And The X-Men" cartoon show who are part of Senator Kelly's Project Wideawake program. They round up mutants that are a threat to the human population and place them in prisons until they can be properly "reeducated and reintroduced". They are lead by Colonel Moss (who is based on the Ultimate Comics version of John Wraith who ran the Weapon X program) and with the voice of Michael Ironside you would love to hate this guy yourself.

Parts: Jik's XCom_Male_Light_Cannon, Grenadier's Punisher, Renegade's US Agent Omega & Ultimate Captain America, and various Tommyboy parts from his Male_Versatile meshes.

You can download my skopes here: http://drop.io/crimsonquill/asset/mrdcollection-cq-zip

What's next? I honestly have no idea yet... maybe another of Xorn's Special Class or something else.

Enjoy!

- CQ

laughing paradox

CQ, I really like the stuff you've been coming up with.

The MRD look great.. I particularly like the guy with the riot shield. Keep on rocking! :)

crimsonquill

Prev made a request that he needed some Dark Reign/Siege troops to pummel around the Danger Room and since I already had lots of ideas from working on my MRD Troops and Purifiers it just seemed like a way to get my skoping mojo back in tune.

So, I came up with this...

You can download it here: http://drop.io/crimsonquill/asset/hammertroopercq-zip

I tried many versions of Hammer Troops to see if I could make versions like Glider Troops but I couldn't get the Male_Rifle keyframes to combine with the Green Goblin keyframes plus skoping a glider onto the feet of the character that vanished when not needed just ended up with a wreck. So I just stuck with the SHIELD jetpack as my versions mode of transportation and kept it simple.

- CQ

What character or skope do I have planned next...  :blink: I have no idea.