The Nolans Directing The Man of Steel & Justice League?

Started by Midnite, February 10, 2010, 08:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BWPS

It was really a sequel to the original Superman movies. I liked it, most critics liked it, but I don't think "fans" liked it. I consider it to be in the same situation as Speed Racer (though obviously it wasn't as amazing from a film-making perspective as Speed Racer.), people wanted something (in this case a modern comic book action movie) and got something really different (a really slow but also good return of Christopher Reeves Superman). I would prefer a really good (like Spider-Man 2/Iron Man/X-Men 2/Hellboy 2 or even TDK level good) Superman movie which I hope we get with the reboot. But for what it was, Superman Returns is definitely 4/5 stars.
I apologize in advance for everything I say on here. I regret it immediately after clicking post.

Talavar

Eh, I'd give Superman Returns a weak 3 stars (out of five).  The plot is a succession of Superman lifting heavier objects, hammy Luthor stinks out loud, and the super-kid is a huge mistake.  It's got it's moments, but it's way too mopey, and not dark but angsty, for a Superman film.

Shogunn2517

I just heard from, of all places, The Petros and Money show...

THAT...

Spoiler
Natalie Portman has agreed to play Lois Lane in the next Superman movie.

Mr. Hamrick

Quote from: Shogunn2517 on October 09, 2010, 02:46:22 AM
I just heard from, of all places, The Petros and Money show...

THAT...

Spoiler
Natalie Portman has agreed to play Lois Lane in the next Superman movie.

Doubt that.  We'll see. 

Spoiler
She is locked in to any sequels done for Thor so I don't see it happening.