Juancho's artistic something (Fate & Foresight 02/22/2012)

Started by juancho, February 16, 2010, 02:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PreRaphaelite

I can definitely see why designing Tomato's head was a challenge, but it's a credit to your skills that it doesn't look overworked or out-of-place (which is an odd thing to say about a giant tomato head). The redesign of his costume is also very crisp - again, there's something quite modern about it, and a little menacing (perhaps because of the black/red colour scheme). Elarian on the other hand comes across 100% good and innocent thanks to the revamped 'good fairy' trope you've adopted. She definitely looks the type to confront Queen Ambera, though whether she'd win in battle is another matter entirely...  ;) So in all - great stuff!

As a side note, I'm choosing to ignore PG and MJB for the sake of my own happiness and wellbeing.

...Weep.
Yours sincerely, Judi Dench.

MikeB7

Hey hey Juancho!  Amazing that you've been able to fit even MORE detail and snazzy colors into your microheroes.  Beautiful stuff!  Those fire wings on Ambera are just mind-boggling.

naitvalis

i like them all Juancho!! i wonder if there is a way to use them in freedom force...lets say i have this mesh wich is a panel where a microhero is placed...meh just wondering, the fact is i want to play with them!!

PreRaphaelite

juancho

Hehehe juancho has been ccrazy bussy this last few days at work. Im coordinating 2 new projects an my microing time has been seriously reduced.

I have a clasic tomato and clasic murs ( their real av, not the redesign) almost finished, abr Im working on my next redesign

Btw Im posting this on my way to work :P

Tomato

Quote from: juancho on February 03, 2012, 07:23:25 AM
Hehehe juancho has been ccrazy bussy this last few days at work. Im coordinating 2 new projects an my microing time has been seriously reduced.

I have a clasic tomato and clasic murs ( their real av, not the redesign) almost finished, abr Im working on my next redesign

Btw Im posting this on my way to work :P

Errrr... you DO realize murs' primary av is just your old one without the red, right? I did the mesh based on your design.

juancho

Quote from: Tomato on February 03, 2012, 02:16:45 PM
Errrr... you DO realize murs' primary av is just your old one without the red, right? I did the mesh based on your design.

Then you should realize is the easiest way to have a new micro without working too much on it. heheheheheh
It's not just a recolored verison tohugh. I added some minor details like the jacket zipper., the 47 logo, redid the jacket shading a bit.

I've decided that if I'm gonna redesign something, I should also have the original avatar as well

juancho

As I said before I had Mato and Murs almost done.
I'm still working on the redesign.

Enjoy!!!

Tomato

*in tomato's brain*
Part A: The micro would make a fantastic avatar.
Part B: But if I switched to it I'd be abandoning my pony loyalties.
Part A: It'd be a fantastic avatar, and you've been wanting a proper Juancho micro anyway
Part B: As many people as are using Pony avatars now, I'd feel like I was abandoning them...
Part A: Eff those colts. This micro is a status symbol, beach.
Part B: I JUST updated the Pony image though, and I'm really proud of it
Part A: Use the Micro!
Part B: No, use Pony!
Part A: Micro!
Part B: Pony!
Inner Fluttershy: umm... you could use both... y'know, if you want to... *squeek*

In all seriousness though, I really like the micro... even if I edited it a tad before I used it >.<. It's nothing personal, I'm just kinda OCD like that... I even edit some skins before I use them.

PreRaphaelite

Craazy busy you say? Well, I'll let you off then. It won't be hard, seeing as you more than made up for it with these two micros. Both are well executed, true to form, and possess a lot of character. It amazes me the amount of tiny, intricate details you can graft onto something so small, and that you're so successful at giving the illusion of different textures and bits of hardware such as zippers.

Murs's jacket is especially cool, creases and all. I'd try it on if I could, but... no hands. Or legs, for that matter.

Edit:
Also, I think you broke Toto.

juancho

preraph, your feedback is always a blessing :D thanks man.

Mato, I'm glad you liked it. I hope your inner voices let you rest some :P

1 new micro and 1 update. I just redesigned my avatar for this FR redesign trend and I updated my current one to portray the bear I've been using for the ñast 2 yeras.

Hope you like them

murs47

juancho

PreRaphaelite

Haha, I'm loving the beard. Some more great micros there, Mr J. Of the two, the second one is winning me over the most, so I'm not surprised you're using it as your profile pic. There's something quite slick about the interconnecting lines of the torso and the very regal layered shoulders. If the first micro didn't have a beard, I'd say it was a young Juancho pre-coronation, while the latter is clearly its kingly successor. Good stuff!  :)

juancho

Thanks PreRaph. Yeah I'm actually thinking of adopting this redesign as my permanent Avatar

The previous one was done 2 years ago more or less, when I was part of a forum called Inner Circle (hence the circle on the chest). I always loved the way it turned out, but I wanted to give him a more regal look and experience a bit more on his robe. which I think I acomplished on the redesign.

So what do you think, should I keep this as permanent look?

PreRaphaelite

Quote from: juancho on February 06, 2012, 02:27:30 PM
So what do you think, should I keep this as permanent look?

I think it's a grand redesign, so I'd say yes - but in the end, it's entirely up to you!  :thumbup:

Reepicheep

Speaking as a bearded person, I vote keep the beard.

These avatars look fantastic - microheroes have always been my favourite style. So impressed.

Outcast

Juancho bearded version looks good too. If Thor can have a beard, why not Juancho? Eh? :P

I'm impressed too. I've tried making a micro years ago. I think i used Paint to do it then and it wasn't that easy. I'm impressed with the amount of detail you can put in such a small image and i think your costume/character designs are great. :)

juancho

thanks guys! I am so glad you like mym icros. I try to pay as much atention to detail as posible. Its a reduced working space but that is no excuse to make simplistic choices :D

I myself have a beard, decided to keep it like 3 years ago and I have been a bearded guy sicne then
Spoiler

juancho

Micro Wednesday in all it's glory

New Redesign

UNko's Minions coming soon (I have a few tweaks I need to work on, I'll post the gumballs tonight If I have time)

Now I'm only missing TUE and Ink and I'll have the whole HF redesigned :D

HERO FORCE REDESIGN (so far)

Outcast

Well among the three, i'd say my favorite redesign would be AA's. I like the upper body design and the glowing effects in the eyes and center piece. :)

naitvalis

this redesigns are mighty! look very "ultimate" style! great work Juancho !
(i know i'm in late but i prefer the "bearded juancho" version to! ).

MJB

juancho

thanks guys!! You don't know how much the feedbakc means to me. It keeps me going and makes me want to create new micros for this awsome forum

As I promised here are Unko's Gumball minions

and just for the sake of it Unko redesign with his bodyguards

AfghanAnt

PreRaphaelite

Unko looks like a new man! Awesome work. I like the overall simplicity of the design, I think it's very striking and fits in particularly well with the rest of the HF redesigns. You've also manipulated the lines of the costume quite dramatically to slimline the belly without losing it, which I find impressive. As for the minions, they look so chipper despite being garbed in black – they're so funky.

My only recommendation is that you consider swapping the lavender trim on Unko for the stronger purple used on the Gumballs. At the moment it feels a bit lost/tame against the vibrant green, and whilst a touch of subtlety should never be overlooked in any design, I think using the purple would probably help to forge a stronger visual link with the Gumballs Unko commands. He certainly looks commanding, so it would be nice to solidify that connection to his minions. :)

juancho

Preraph, I knew I was missing some sort of detail when I put Unko alongside his minnions. I'll fix this tonight, I'm on my way to work now.

AA - so glad you liked them, I'm thrilled you are using my micros as av pic now :D (and I'm still hoping you are up for skinning the little dude :p)

UnkoMan

Oh gosh! Thanks, Juancho. That is a pretty swell redesign. I loooove the gumballs. They look so awesome!

All these redesigns are awesome. Especially your own. I love how everybody feels like they are in a shared universe with them. There's just those certain touches you tend to do that brings it all together.

juancho

updated UNKO, I've taken preraph sugestion about purple/lavender

and the full army shot :D

PreRaphaelite